What Would Be An Excellent Year For Kyler Murray?

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His stats don't matter much to me. I mean if we're getting hammered every game he could pad his stats in every game and statistically look good on paper. I need to see him lead us to more wins, stats be damned.
This… however, if stats show that he’s part of the problem and reason for getting hammered,and not the solution?

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Numbers for an excellent season from Kyler. That would be 10 wins with a shot at the playoffs. Leading the offense averaging about 25 points per game. Don’t care how Kyler does it (throwing the ball or handing it off to Conner)

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Numbers for an excellent season from Kyler. That would be 10 wins with a shot at the playoffs. Leading the offense averaging about 25 points per game. Don’t care how Kyler does it (throwing the ball or handing it off to Conner)
25 PPG would have be the #8 scoring offense in the NFL last year.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
25 PPG would have be the #8 scoring offense in the NFL last year.

Which I would equate to an excellent year for Kyler

Also I’m not saying that Kyler will lead the offense to a 25 point per game average. I’m saying that I would consider that an excellent year for Kyler. So maybe I misunderstood the title?

Last edited:

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I mean I like the 4k passing and 500 yard rushing goals.

I also like the QB efficiency rating a lot, so I'll go with a benchmark of 101.0 over a minimum of 16 games played!

If my boy plays like that in 2024, we'll have a great shot at the playoffs!

Let's go K1! Let's shake em up baby!
Mmm
Murray passing game isnt neat to Warner or Palmer offense
Murray Is around 220/230 passing yards for game
If he want carry his team in a wild card game, he has to run a lot, if he thinks tò win averaging 30 rushing yards for game he Is a dreamer

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Generational talent? Why do people keep saying this lie here?

Only “generational talents” that received that label(that are QBs) in the past 15 years were Andrew Luck & Trevor Lawrence.
He has received it from a number of posters around here. He clearly isn't, but I want to see opinions on what stats he needs to put up to put him at least in the conversation.

slanidrac16

ASFN Icon
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One thing the board seems to be in complete agreement with is that this is "the year" for KM because he has a complimentary run game and the personnel around him for success. So, what would success be for KM individually? I want to know, because I don't feel W-L record will accurately measure his overall success, as the defense will drag us down.

For me, he must:
Break 4,000 yards passing, finally. Rather shocking that he hasn't done so yet.
30 Passing TDs
Only 10 max INTs
500 Rushing Yards
5 Rushing TDs

That is a high bar, but he's supposed to be a transcendent player and a generational talent. Well, he has the perfect storm of support this season and absolutely no excuses. If he's ever going to be that kind of QB for us, now is the time.

Even still, meeting or even exceeding these numbers might mean nothing for the team, more's the pity. KM has been given tons of offensive support, but not much team support. A career year may still only lead to 6 wins, per se. This is why I'm not overly keen to measure KM's year by W-L record.

So what say you? What numbers would you say would mark an excellent year for KM?
Before I saw your expectations , mine were pretty close.
4000 yards
26 td ( I think rb td’s will take some)
12 ints.
400 yds rushing
5 tds

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
Mmm
If he want carry his team in a wild card game, he has to run a lot, if he thinks tò win averaging 30 rushing yards for game he Is a dreamer

I agree with you 1000%!

I want him to be efficient when he throws, but we also absolutely must use his incredible running ability if we're going to be the best offense in the NFL! If that means a few less passing attempts in a game, then so be it!

juza76

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree with you 1000%!

I want him to be efficient when he throws, but we also absolutely must use his incredible running ability if we're going to be the best offense in the NFL! If that means a few less passing attempts in a game, then so be it!
The roster Is below average
Murray Is One of the few qbs that can lead this team tò the playoff
We Need the Murray of two years a go
With deep ball accuracy and he needs to exploit his running abilities
We Will be better with Murray putting 3500passing yards and 900 rushing yards then 4000/400
Extended drives, Better time of possessions, gassing out opponents defense

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
I agree with you 1000%!

Added to the running stats should be no needless sliding/running out of bounds early.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
A great season looks a lot like Deshaun Watson’s 2020, passing for 4800 yards/33 TDs/7 INTs. That team went 4-12.

A good season looks a lot like Justin Herbert’s rookie year: 4300/31/10.
That fall off has been something else.

As with Kyler I question how smooth a fit he is in that offense. However, should be interesting now that they brought in Dorsey.
Mmm
220/230 seems about right in this offense.

At one point Kyler was averaging 300 ypg of offense the first 8 games of 2021.He showed he's capable of it, but the deep ball hasnt been there since Kirk left.

BritCard

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
That would not make for an excellent season; that would make for a non-injured season.

Missing games is his main issue. It's happened in all but his rookie season. If he plays every game the stats will follow naturally.

If you want me to say he has to have a 4400 yard season and 30 TD's to be "Excellent" I'm not going to do that. Being excellent for a QB isn't only defined by stats. If he hits all the stats but messes up 3 game winning opportunities is that excellent?

Tua led the league in passing last year with 4624 yards and 29 TD's. Does the league consider him excellent? I'm not sure his own franchise considers him excellent.

Jared Goff was 2nd with 4575 and 30 TDs where Mahomes was 4183 and 27 TDs. Are you taking Mahomes or Goff?

Too many variables to put it just on stats.

OP
OP
Stout

Stout

Reaction score
Missing games is his main issue. It's happened in all but his rookie season. If he plays every game the stats will follow naturally.

If you want me to say he has to have a 4400 yard season and 30 TD's to be "Excellent" I'm not going to do that. Being excellent for a QB isn't only defined by stats. If he hits all the stats but messes up 3 game winning opportunities is that excellent?

Tua led the league in passing last year with 4624 yards and 29 TD's. Does the league consider him excellent? I'm not sure his own franchise considers him excellent.

Jared Goff was 2nd with 4575 and 30 TDs where Mahomes was 4183 and 27 TDs. Are you taking Mahomes or Goff?

Too many variables to put it just on stats.
Fair enough!

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky