Latest wacky draft day plan

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
San Diego takes Fitz, Raiders take Gallery, leaving us sitting at 3 with Manning on the board. We trade the pick to the Giants for the 4th pick and their 2nd rounder #34(which favors us by 160 points on the value chart). They take Manning.

At 4 we take Mike Williams.

If as predicted Sean Taylor slides due to his "poor workouts and tackling questions", we then package the #33 and #34 pick and trade that to the Jets at #12 or Buffalo at #13, and take Taylor with the pick. Why would either of them want to trade out of the first round for 2 high 2nd rounders? Because that's the only way my plan works that's why!!!! Technically those 2 picks are worth 1140 points, the 12th pick is 1200, 13th is 1150 so on the value chart it's a reasonable deal. In THIS draft it may not be since there may be guys on the board then they really want more than 2 extra 2nd round picks but work with me here.

So we end up with the offensive ROY Mike Williams, and the DROY in Sean Taylor like we could have had this year with Quan and Suggs if they'd just listened to anybody but me and drafted Suggs!

Let's see if I can get profootballtalk to list this in their rumor section :)

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score
No! No! No! We then trade #4 to Cleveland for their #7 and #37. We still take either Williams or Taylor, then trade #34 & #37 to, say, Tampa. Then, if we took Williams, take Wilfork or D. Hall. Then, with the #33 we take W. Poole or Olshansky. WHEW!!!! :hulk:

Mr. Boldin

Mel Kiper's Daddy
Reaction score
If Taylor is there for Buffalo they will take him in a heartbeat.

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:
San Diego takes Fitz, Raiders take Gallery, leaving us sitting at 3 with Manning on the board. We trade the pick to the Giants for the 4th pick and their 2nd rounder #34(which favors us by 160 points on the value chart). They take Manning.

If as predicted Sean Taylor slides due to his "poor workouts and tackling questions", we then package the #33 and #34 pick and trade that to the Jets at #12 or Buffalo at #13, and take Taylor with the pick. Why would either of them want to trade out of the first round for 2 high 2nd rounders? Because that's the only way my plan works that's why!!!! Technically those 2 picks are worth 1140 points, the 12th pick is 1200, 13th is 1150 so on the value chart it's a reasonable deal. In THIS draft it may not be since there may be guys on the board then they really want more than 2 extra 2nd round picks but work with me here.

So we end up with the offensive ROY Mike Williams, and the DROY in Sean Taylor like we could have had this year with Quan and Suggs if they'd just listened to anybody but me and drafted Suggs!

Completely love that idea!!!!! Best draft scenario I have seen yet, end up with Williams and Taylor, that would be the best ever!!!!!! :thumbup:

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
I'm with you Russ-

I would love to package second round picks to get 2 first rounders. I think it is possible too.

But I don't want the same players as you. I'd like to see us get one of the receivers, then DeAngelo Hall.

I'm afraid Mike Williams at 20 years old isn't done growing. He's already 6'5 230, what if he grows 2 inches in the next couple years? Of course, we could try him at defensive end I guess?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Lex said:
I'm with you Russ-

I would love to package second round picks to get 2 first rounders. I think it is possible too.

But I don't want the same players as you. I'd like to see us get one of the receivers, then DeAngelo Hall.

I'm afraid Mike Williams at 20 years old isn't done growing. He's already 6'5 230, what if he grows 2 inches in the next couple years? Of course, we could try him at defensive end I guess?
Harold Carmichael was 6'-7". He was unstoppable in the redzone. Might be fun.

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/CarmHa00.htm

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
Section 11-

Would you be agreeable to Stephen Jackson and DeAngelo Hall if we traded down?

The more I think about it, I like that idea better than taking one of the Williamses.

Williamses ... is that right?

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Lex said:
Section 11-

Would you be agreeable to Stephen Jackson and DeAngelo Hall if we traded down?

The more I think about it, I like that idea better than taking one of the Williamses.

Williamses ... is that right?
I'd be damn happy with that.
We need a punt returner. Karl Williams only returned 15 last year and was pretty much unspectacular at it (and he's a horrible receiver).
And we definately need some speed at corner.

Cardiac

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
imaCafan said:
No! No! No! We then trade #4 to Cleveland for their #7 and #37. We still take either Williams or Taylor, then trade #34 & #37 to, say, Tampa. Then, if we took Williams, take Wilfork or D. Hall. Then, with the #33 we take W. Poole or Olshansky. WHEW!!!! :hulk:

Very very close. I would prefer we keep any extra 2nd rders we get and take the BPA(s) in that round.

So rd1 at the 7th pick would be either. Taylor or one of the Williams (Mike or Roy). Then at 33 CB or DT. Then at 34 DT or CB or OG or TE. Then at 37 .....

This draft is sooooo deep that even pick 37 may be a player who was graded as a 1st rounder.

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Why would the Giants trade up one spot with Manning, Ben and Rivers still on the board? THe Giants are in as bad shape as the Cardinals are. They need that #2 pick. I don't see Browns doing it either. A QB hungry team lower down would, but you guys would fudge your undies. :oops:

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Russ Smith said:

Russ you got to lay off the vino buddy or take up chess.

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
DevonCardsFan said:
Completely love that idea!!!!! Best draft scenario I have seen yet, end up with Williams and Taylor, that would be the best ever!!!!!! :thumbup:

Why didn't anybody look at my draft :( I had the same ideas! Ugghhh!!! :hulk:

khilari

Rookie
Reaction score
Lets just stop dreaming because we know that whatever we think is not going to happen because the team is still being run by Bidwill's. They might end up trading with the Giants to Move down and swap the 2nd rounders because it saves them money.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
khilari said:
Lets just stop dreaming because we know that whatever we think is not going to happen because the team is still being run by Bidwill's. They might end up trading with the Giants to Move down and swap the 2nd rounders because it saves them money.

Good grief, they're crawling out of the woodwork today. When did you start following this team, yesterday? :rolleyes:

Ohio Cards Fan

Veteran
Reaction score
Russ,

In your scenario, why would the Giants trade up one spot when both Roethlisberger and Manning are available. They would at least be guaranteed one of the two. The only way they would trade up is if one of the QB's is selected in the top 2 picks.

I wouldn't mind trading down with a team like Cleveland, who may want to pursue the QB route. We could get their first round selection at #7 and their second round selection at #37. With the number 7 pick we could take Roy Williams. Tall and the fastest of the top wide outs. He would complement Boldin well. Fitz is a lot like Boldin. I'm not saying I would mind having two Anquans on the team, but Williams is a different style receiver that could complement Boldin well. Then with two high second round choices, we could address other holes that need to be filled.

I would be thrilled if the draft unfolded this way!

Ohio Cards Fan

Veteran
Reaction score
Khilari,

That may have been true for Bill, but Michael runs the show right now. What he says goes. Let's give him a chance and stop the tired old blame game of ownership. I really think they will do whatever it takes to put a winner on the field.

Cards Czar

The Bird is the Word
Reaction score
Russ good insite but I think Eli will go #1. Bolden will go #2 and that leaves us M. Williams or Gallery. NYG love Gallery so I think that they would trade up one spot so CLeveland doesnt get the pick. NYG will trade the #4 and the #34 for our #3. Now Cleveland might trade up with us and take Big Ben. Why?
if they dont take him watch Pitt trade up and get him. We could get the #7 and there #37. With our #7 we could get either Taylor, M.Williams,Wolfork.
With the #33 get a CB( D Strait) with the #34 take a DT (D. Washington) and with the #37 you take a C/G (J. Grove). with the 3 rounder you go for another CB in J.Thomas. Now is this a true draft to come? No but you never know what goes on during Draft Day....

Southpaw

Provocateur aka Wallyburger
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ohio Cards Fan said:
Khilari,

That may have been true for Bill, but Michael runs the show right now. What he says goes. Let's give him a chance and stop the tired old blame game of ownership. I really think they will do whatever it takes to put a winner on the field.

Not me, .... until they do.

SHOW ME THE MONEY

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
imaCafan said:

You guys need to go to Vegas for a week and get all this gambling out of your system. Lay off the cheap whiskey.