Lawmaker (idiot) challenges funding for stadium

wilycoyote24

All Star
Reaction score
I hope the Governor's designation of everyday that the Suns are in the playoffs as "Sunsday" means that she is a fan of sports and not just the Suns or not just doing it because someone told her that it would be the politically smart thing to do.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
She'll veto it. Remember, this is the same lady that made the "task force" to resolve the issue. I'm not a huge fan of the gov, but to her credit, she doesn't usually put up with these shenanigans.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
NickelBack said:
Then you'd better hope the Gove vetos it, because it's been approved by both houses.
No state governor is going to leave an unfinished, $300 million white elephant sitting out in Glendale as Arizona waves goodbye to the Super Bowl and the BCS title game.

Not gonna happen.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
wilycoyote24 said:
I hope the Governor's designation of everyday that the Suns are in the playoffs as "Sunsday" means that she is a fan of sports and not just the Suns or not just doing it because someone told her that it would be the politically smart thing to do.

100% PR move.

OP
OP
Stronso

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
NickelBack said:
Then you'd better hope the Gove vetos it, because it' been approved by both houses.

The same both houses which passed ******** legislation to allow people to bring guns into bars?

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
I don't know why anyone would doubt this thing could still be derailed by idiots. Pierce would love nothing more to see the stadium turn into a train wreck, just so he could blame it on Janet. He'd also do it in a heartbeat just so Janet wouldn't get any credit for it. Just because common sense tells you we wouldn't allow the stadium to sit unfinished out in that field, or allow three football championship games go begging for somewhere else to play-common sense isn't what dictates here. Common sense is no protection for us at all in this thing.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Viper, she can line item veto it. Pierce has a limited say, from what I hear. Plus...lawsuits would be flying around so fast against the state it would be sick. Won't happen...I think. Maybe you can give a perspective on that since you are a lawyer. Couldn't that be construed as breach of contract?

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Stronso said:
The same both houses which passed ******** legislation to allow people to bring guns into bars?

One in the same and, if the Governor does not veto it, it becomes law.

wilycoyote24

All Star
Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
100% PR move.

Clearly a PR move. However, so would vetoing this. She showed that she is specifically concerned with sports fans' opinions of her, as many people may think "Why is she concerned with such trivial things?," so perhaps she will act as such once again. This could be the difference between having the Super Bowl and BCS Championship Game and not having them. I think that that would be more of a concern to most fans than a meaningly political move.

OP
OP
Stronso

Stronso

Schweddy Balls
Reaction score
WizardOfAz said:
Just called her (well not her directly) that I expected her to use the line-item veto on this one!

I wrote a e-mail stating the same thing

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
azsouthendzone said:
Viper, she can line item veto it. Pierce has a limited say, from what I hear. Plus...lawsuits would be flying around so fast against the state it would be sick. Won't happen...I think. Maybe you can give a perspective on that since you are a lawyer. Couldn't that be construed as breach of contract?

I'm in criminal law and don't hassle around much with contracts or civil law or have any expertise here. Nevertheless, I predict if the funding for this dries up, stadium doesn't open by 2006 because of it, etc, I would expect it to be like an armaggeddon of litigation that would make the flight path thing look a small claims court case.

I'm hoping the gov just uses that veto and this won't turn into anything. The path to getting this stadium into reality has had so much drama, turns, twists, villains, even with it rising up in that field as we speak, I still don't feel safe.

Last edited:

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good stuff! Keep peppering her so she knows we are out here.

I haven't seen anything more on this in the paper since the story that was added to this thread.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Broncosfan