Leftwich has broken ankle!!

AzWins23

Reaction score
Jaguars | Leftwich breaks ankle
Sun, 27 Nov 2005 17:28:34 -0800

ESPN reports Jacksonville Jaguars QB Byron Leftwich (ankle) broke his ankle during the Week 12 game. It was previously reported that he sprained his ankle.

LVCARDFREAK

In the league 20 years!
Reaction score
AzWins23 said:
Jaguars | Leftwich breaks ankle
Sun, 27 Nov 2005 17:28:34 -0800

ESPN reports Jacksonville Jaguars QB Byron Leftwich (ankle) broke his ankle during the Week 12 game. It was previously reported that he sprained his ankle.

I dont think thats right. If his ankle was broken he would have stayed in the game and threw 4 TD passes. (a la McNabb against the Cards a few years back) :D

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:
I dont think thats right. If his ankle was broken he would have stayed in the game and threw 4 TD passes. (a la McNabb against the Cards a few years back) :D

Wow I thought the exact same thing.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
LVCARDFREAK said:

The difference is that Lefthich is a pus** :D

iapetus

Reaction score
Shane H said:
The difference is that Lefthich is a pus** :D

Not sure whether that's just supposed to be a joke or whether it's actually a case of ignorance, but Leftwich is pretty well known for being one of the toughest QBs in the league. And that's been the case right since his college days...

Rarely has so much respect and notoriety been gained from a loss -- and a serious injury. Byron Leftwich was knocked out early in the cold, windy Rubber Bowl when he suffered a direct hit on the same left shin that had been surgically repaired months before. After being helped off the field, Leftwich initially tried to overrule his mother, Brenda, and Marshall coach Bobby Pruett that he leave the stadium for X-rays.

Leftwich wanted to stay, but Pruett had the final word. When the ambulance driver couldn’t guarantee his return prior to game’s end, Leftwich instead rode off for X-rays in a rental van with Marshall support staff.

Limping heavily, Leftwich returned to the field in the third quarter with his team trailing 27-10. Upon his return, Leftwich completed 14-of-24 passes for 208 yards with an interception on what later was learned to be a broken left leg.

Overall, Leftwich threw for 307 yards on 26-of-36 passing. Overshadowing the Herd’s shocking 34-20 upset loss was the image of teammates Steve Sciullo and Steve Perretta carrying Leftwich downfield after long completions.

"Forget the Heisman," Marshall center Jeff Edwards said. "Forget New York. Forget all that stuff. He just proved to me what kind of player he is. He’s not in it for himself. If he were in it for himself, if he were in it for the Heisman he wouldn’t have been out there at the end of the game."

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
iapetus said:
Not sure whether that's just supposed to be a joke or whether it's actually a case of ignorance, but Leftwich is pretty well known for being one of the toughest QBs in the league. And that's been the case right since his college days...
look at the smiley = joke

iapetus

Reaction score
Shane H said:
look at the smiley = joke

My bad. And I'm normally so good at spotting them too. :) Obviously still a little sensitive after we've lost our third team captain for the year. :(

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05