Kyler Murray Appreciation Thread

BritCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Did you not see him play last season when we finished with the number 1 offense in the nfl when he was playing?

Keep that one game energy though it’s fun to watch.

It wasn't the #1 offense. It was the number 1 rushing attack. The passing attack for slightly above average.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Not a great counter argument. You can’t use injuries as an excuse for 3 season of inaccuracy. He def needs to share some blame. But I sure like what I’m seeing now.
Part of a QB looking accurate or not is being on the same page as the receivers. Like the first incompletion to MHJ after the four straight catches may look like an inaccurate throw, but it is highly probable they were simply on a different page on how he was supposed to finish that route.

This isn't to say he hasn't had issues with accuracy at times, just pointing out how simply being on a different page can cause someone to look less accurate.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you not see him play last season when we finished with the number 1 offense in the nfl when he was playing?

What in the world are you talking about? We averaged 22.5 ppg with Kyler back. That ain’t close to the number 1 offense in the NFL. It woulda been 14th in the league over the course of the season… basically league average.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Part of a QB looking accurate or not is being on the same page as the receivers. Like the first incompletion to MHJ after the four straight catches may look like an inaccurate throw, but it is highly probable they were simply on a different page on how he was supposed to finish that route.

This isn't to say he hasn't had issues with accuracy at times, just pointing out how simply being on a different page can cause someone to look less accurate.
Truth.
That's why I only question accuracy when it's obvious both guys read it the same and the ball just wasn't delivered to the right spot..like a backshoulder that crosses the sideline 10 feet in the air for example.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
What in the world are you talking about? We averaged 22.5 ppg with Kyler back. That ain’t close to the number 1 offense in the NFL. It woulda been 14th in the league over the course of the season… basically league average.

#1 I never saw.
What I did see however was that for the last 4 games of last season we were the 4th ranked offense...in that stretch....
Which has merit simply because lots of teams were fighting for playoff positions in that stretch.
It's not definitive. But it gives hope and indicates possibility and trajectory

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
#1 I never saw.
What I did see however was that for the last 4 games of last season we were the 4th ranked offense...in that stretch....
Which has merit simply because lots of teams were fighting for playoff positions in that stretch.
It's not definitive. But it gives hope and indicates possibility and trajectory

Def gives hope for the future, but point remains we weren’t close to the number 1 offense once Kyler came back.