Leinart signs!!! (merged)

Red Hawk

JUST WIN!
Reaction score
POSTED 8:52 p.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 9:03 p.m. EDT, August 14, 2006

LEINART DEAL DONE

A league source tells us that Cardinals first-round pick Matt Leinart has agreed to terms.

Per the source, the deal includes $14 million in guaranteed money on a six-year deal worth more than $50 million.

Earlier in the day, Cards coach Dennis Green lashed out at Leinart for not accepting the deal, which Green says contains $14 million in guarantees. Though the final agreement is indeed worth $14 million guaranteed, the hang up was the payments in the out years. We don't yet have the specifics, but we're hearing that the final year of Leinart's deal contains some big numbers based on reasonable play-time thresholds.

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
POSTED 8:52 p.m. EDT; LAST UPDATED 9:03 p.m. EDT, August 14, 2006
LEINART DEAL DONE
A league source tells us that Cardinals first-round pick Matt Leinart has agreed to terms.
Per the source, the deal includes $14 million in guaranteed money on a six-year deal worth more than $50 million.
Earlier in the day, Cards coach Dennis Green lashed out at Leinart for not accepting the deal, which Green says contains $14 million in guarantees. Though the final agreement is indeed worth $14 million guaranteed, the hang up was the payments in the out years. We don't yet have the specifics, but we're hearing that the final year of Leinart's deal contains some big numbers based on reasonable play-time thresholds.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's another news announcement that we can measure PFT's reliability against. Their track record isn't so good.

Here's to hoping, though.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
For all the crap PFT gets. They have let out some very good stories before anyone else has reported it over the last year or 2 or so. I dont think they are nearly as bad as a lot of other poeple think.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Evil Ash said:
Lets hope its true

Please. Please. Pretty Please
I hope not. Because deep down I hate the Cardinals despite my merchandise, tickets, thousands of hours and posts on this website.:rolleyes:

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MNF announcers just mentioned "breaking news" to be announced at halftimie.

woohoo!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
For all the crap PFT gets. They have let out some very good stories before anyone else has reported it over the last year or 2 or so. I dont think they are nearly as bad as a lot of other poeple think.

They've gotten alot better

and like I said Mortensen confirms DONE DEAL

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
I hope not. Because deep down I hate the Cardinals despite my merchandise, tickets, thousands of hours and posts on this website.:rolleyes:
haha! good one!

:doi:

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
MaoTosiFanClub said:
I hope not. Because deep down I hate the Cardinals despite my merchandise, tickets, thousands of hours and posts on this website.

I knew it!!!

:D

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank god, I was beginning to think leinart was taking lessons from OJ Mayo on how to keep people in suspense.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05