Leinart signs!!! (merged)

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Chris Mortenson is reporting that the deal was completed when the Cardinals removed a hurdle regarding playing time escalators in the fourth season.

I'll be accepting apologies from everyone who said that this was Condon's fault on "The Official Apologies to Kerouac9 Thread".

Don't you ever get tired of being completely unlikeable?

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
I hope the fans do not boo this kid the 1st time he sees the field at our new
stadium!! Stand up, clap, yell and cheer because this kid will get us to where
we all want to go...the Super Bowl!!!

GO :newcards: 's

Burg72

Registered
Reaction score
Do you think by the time he missed vs. the work he put into the workout with the Cards, he'll be fine by week 3 or 4 of the regular season?

Burg72

Registered
Reaction score
Buckybird said:

Nobody will ever remember the holdout by the middle of the season. It's just part of the business unfortunately.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Assface said:
Don't you ever get tired of being completely unlikeable?
Seriously. I guess being well-liked isn't high on K9's "how to be lonely" checklist.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
anytimeuwnt said:
What do we think Matt will say about the timing of this signing?

I expect he will he say he is glad the negotiations are over, can't wait to join the team and see some action, yadda yadda yadda...

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Burg72 said:
Do you think by the time he missed vs. the work he put into the workout with the Cards, he'll be fine by week 3 or 4 of the regular season?

ESPN just had a 2nd breaking news story, Leinart passed John Navarre on the depth chart from his bathtub at home.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Buckybird said:

I can't imagine he'd be booed, especially if the team plays well the next two weeks. We're all gonna be thrilled for the regular season to begin!

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
conraddobler said:
ESPN just had a 2nd breaking news story, Leinart passed John Navarre on the depth chart from his bathtub at home.

LOL

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
conraddobler said:

:lmao:

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
We now have our finally awaited, QB of the future. YES:thumbup: Thanks, Denny.

Burg72

Registered
Reaction score
conraddobler said:

:biglaugh:

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Renz said:
Way to go, Denny!!!! :D

I think Denny put some added urgency into Leinart's side. It probably only made a day or two of difference at most though.

Rats

Somanyfreaks,SofewCircus'
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:
Chris Mortenson is reporting that the deal was completed when the Cardinals removed a hurdle regarding playing time escalators in the fourth season.

I'll be accepting apologies from everyone who said that this was Condon's fault on "The Official Apologies to Kerouac9 Thread".
Moderators, please do something about this idiot!!!!

Evil Ash

Henchman Supreme
Reaction score
http://www.azcentral.com/sports/cardinals/articles/0814CARDSONLINE.html

Cards, Leinart agree on deal

Kent Somers
The Arizona Republic
Aug. 15, 2006 12:00 AM

Cardinals quarterback Matt Leinart has agreed to a six-year contract that could earn him a maximum of $51 million, according to his agent, Tom Condon.

The deal has not yet been signed, but another of Leinart's agents, Chuck Price, said the goal was to have Leinart in camp at Flagstaff by tomorrow afternoon.

The contract contains $14 million in guaranteed money.

Leinart missed the first two weeks of training camp as his agents and the Cardinals reached a contract impasse. As of Sunday, the two sides reportedly were not making progress in negotiations.

The key as a change in the structure of the deal, said Condon, who declined to be more specific.

It likely involves "escalator" clauses that could increase Leinart's salary in the later years of the deal should he meet certain play time incentives.

It's believed those play-time incentives are not as great as those of Denver quarterback Jay Cutler, who was the 11th overall pick. And the salary escalation is greater.

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
New Beginning Boys! I seriously feel how Bucs fans must have felt before 98, Rams fans before 99 and Bengals fans before last year. We are on our way.......finally (and hopefully - someone knock on wood!)

I can't believe (but am relieved) they gave him 14 million guaranteed. Kudos to the Bidwells, Denny Green, and Leinart's camp.

How excited am i to see the game against New England now.....!

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

You head on over to that thread and hold your breath until I get there and post your apology, I'll be right over, K?

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
kerouac9 said:

Yeah, the Cards probably changed the escalator from 75% of snaps during his first three seasons to 74% of snaps.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Burg72 said:
Nobody will ever remember the holdout by the middle of the season. It's just part of the business unfortunately.

No doubt Aeneas Williams held out longer than this on his rookie deal and he was one of the most loved players ever in Arizona.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
I put this in another thread but.

Conceivably Condon and Graves both might not have even heard Greens comments before a deal was struck. The deal was struck most likely hours ago becuase this stuff has to go through both sides legal departments before they agreed on it, Deals arent struck then bam they are on the news it takes time before it is released. I would believe that the deal was probably struck at about Noon or so and Greens interview was at about that time as well and then it takes time before Greens interview is released, and Graves and Condon were most likely in a meeting the whole time during the interview making finishing details. That would be some pretty funny timing.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05