Leonard Davis - Called "THE STUD" of Dallas O line

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You can thank our esteemed GM for that. I would bet almost any personnel man in the NFL would've kept LD and let Reggie Wells walk. Aren't we lucky we got the one who didn't do that. You're right in that, if we kept LD, there's no way we pass on Peterson. Instead, like Duckjake says, the long standing tradition of drafting guys in the 1st round to replace fromer 1st round guys we let walk continues the cycle of mediocrity. Well, not even mediocrity.Mediocrity would be an occasional wining record.

I wouldn't even have had a problem with them drafting Brown if they kept Davis because Davis inconsistency was killing us at Left Tackle. I've never been a big fan of Wells play and would love to have seen a line of Gandy,Davis,Johnson,Latui and Brown with Grimm coaching them.

I'll bet even 40 year could run behind that line.

crdnl85

Veteran
Reaction score
No he wasn't. He was put in the wrong position by a fat tub of lazy lard the last three years he was here.

That Reggie "the whiff" Wells is playing Guard for Arizona instead of Davis irritates me no end.

It also irritates me no end that teams have to make personnel decisions based solely on salary.
Great post,that is exactly how i feel.I loved Bigg Leonard,and knew he would be a success somewhere.Dennis Green should be shot for wasting 3 years of Bigg's life.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
He will be playing tackle for the 'boys next year and look like poo again. (for the record though i wanted to keep him)
I doubt that. the way flozell adams is playing this year I will be shocked if jerry jones doesn't bring him back. it's a no brainer.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
That my friends is the ignorant pub of Dallas Cowboy fans, any smart Dallas fans do not live in this city. Here are a few recent examples of the brains behind their sport commentaries...Adrian Wilson plays FS for us and not SS, and they still whif from time to time and call us the Phoenix Cardinals...they know little about any other team without a star on the helmet and push to the extreme anything concerning a star on the helmet. I recently had one of their fans tell me that Jason Garrett would be the reason why the Cowboys will beat the Patriots in the Superbowl since he has more brains than the whole NE coaching staff? Guys, these are Cowboy fans at their worst. Davis has played well for them but has not played great...if so Romo would not be praised every week for scrambling for his life and making a great play. Romo deserves a lot of credit for keeping those plays alive and not their OL.
come on jetstream why should S.A. folks know who plays for the cards? I'm sure other fans in other cities are guilty of similar mistakes. S.A. has always been a cowboys city. I love rubbing it in to spurs fans that they are dallas homers come football season. Davis has played very well for the cowboys. Not only davis, but that entire o-line has played great. I think gurode the center will be the all-pro, and davis or flo adams could be pro-bowlers. when romo does get pressure he does a great job of getting away, but he often has plenty of time in the pocket. and as one pointed out dallas has run the ball very well. If I recall they outrushed minnesota the best team in the league at running and stopping the run. I'd say Davis and the rest of the OL are one of the best units in the league. He took a lot of heat here and everywhere else, but great pickup by jerry jones.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
When will this ever stop

Lorenzo, if your going to cut and paste one of my post...READ IT AS WELL. I said their sports commentaries...NOT JUST THE FANS...THEIR SPORTS SECTION CALLS US THE PHOENIX CARDINALS STILL ON OCCASION AND STILL DOES NOT HAVE A CLUE WHAT ADRIAN WILSON's POSITION IS. That is a problem, if you work for the sports paper- you should know more than your favorite team.
Garrett over the NE coaching staff after NE just clocked Dallas? That is not just being a fan, it is stupidity. San Antonio has more ignorant, plain dumb Cowboys fans than any place on the planet. Funny, ask a Spurs fan a question about other basketball teams and a majority are pretty informed...talk about the Cowboys and football and their brain goes out the window. I live here, I know.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
maybe if I said the News Paper it would help, but usually one does not call a fan's opinion a sports commentary...right?

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Lorenzo, if your going to cut and paste one of my post...READ IT AS WELL. I said their sports commentaries...NOT JUST THE FANS...THEIR SPORTS SECTION CALLS US THE PHOENIX CARDINALS STILL ON OCCASION AND STILL DOES NOT HAVE A CLUE WHAT ADRIAN WILSON's POSITION IS. That is a problem, if you work for the sports paper- you should know more than your favorite team.
Garrett over the NE coaching staff after NE just clocked Dallas? That is not just being a fan, it is stupidity. San Antonio has more ignorant, plain dumb Cowboys fans than any place on the planet. Funny, ask a Spurs fan a question about other basketball teams and a majority are pretty informed...talk about the Cowboys and football and their brain goes out the window. I live here, I know.
a lot of people slip and call them the phoenix cardinals nation-wide. I agree they should be more professional. but many writers in many cities aren't professional. one of the abc sports guys after a suns game last year said there was no way the suns could be beat in a 7 game series. things like that happen when it comes to home cookin'. it's unfortunate that you live in a cowboys town. I don't know about spurs fans though. they are different.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
a lot of people slip and call them the phoenix cardinals nation-wide. I agree they should be more professional. but many writers in many cities aren't professional. one of the abc sports guys after a suns game last year said there was no way the suns could be beat in a 7 game series. things like that happen when it comes to home cookin'. it's unfortunate that you live in a cowboys town. I don't know about spurs fans though. they are different.
some older people even still call them st. louis.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
maybe if I said the News Paper it would help, but usually one does not call a fan's opinion a sports commentary...right?
yeah I read your post clearly and I can't tell when you are talking about the fans or the so called professionals. if a newspaper reported that.....then I agree. But you said fans so that's why I fired back. anyway there are some ignorant cowboys fans. but not all are that way. and they aren't off the mark by giving LD some praise. there are people in other cities doing the same thing. that's what this thread is about anyway.

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
about Texas papers

one of the best papers in the country is the Dallas paper, or at the least in Texas, the San Antonio sports paper cannot even compare to it. San Antonio might be a large town population wise but it has a small town mentality and that usually equates ignorance. Funny how we become fans. My Dad is a die-hard Cowboys fan. My brother is a Falcons fan, my brother inlaw a Dolphins fan and my sister an Eagles fan. It seems the teams pick you and you really don't have a say so sometimes, LOL. Your one of the few Cowboy fans Lorenzo that do not make me throw my hands up in the air and just question what they are thinking.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
one of the best papers in the country is the Dallas paper, or at the least in Texas, the San Antonio sports paper cannot even compare to it. San Antonio might be a large town population wise but it has a small town mentality and that usually equates ignorance. Funny how we become fans. My Dad is a die-hard Cowboys fan. My brother is a Falcons fan, my brother inlaw a Dolphins fan and my sister an Eagles fan. It seems the teams pick you and you really don't have a say so sometimes, LOL. Your one of the few Cowboy fans Lorenzo that do not make me throw my hands up in the air and just question what they are thinking.
well I agree that the DMN is a great paper. It is a top 10 paper no doubt..maybe better. the nfl beat writer for the DMN also has had great things to say about LD and he is definitely not a pro-cowboys guy. he is very professional.
There are a lot of crazy cowboys fans, but not all of them are that way. It's probably worse for you since you live in S.A. and are a cards fan. It's tough for me being a mavs fan in phoenix suns country. because the suns have been somewhat of a blockade for the mavs of late. and I watch all of the suns games.......i can't help it. they are fun to watch. the biggest problem with dallas fans is the arrogance issue, but with all of the winning that's going to happen. sorry for getting off topic.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
the worst problem that Dallas fans have following them are owners Mark Cuban and Jerry Jones, remove these A holes and my feelings for the teams would not be half as bad. Before Jones, I disliked the Cowboys because they where a rival but did not hate them.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
the worst problem that Dallas fans have following them are owners Mark Cuban and Jerry Jones, remove these A holes and my feelings for the teams would not be half as bad. Before Jones, I disliked the Cowboys because they where a rival but did not hate them.
see I love those guys because they try their best and pay top dollar to make the game exciting for fans. they are winners most importantly. before mark cuban the mavs were horrid. jerry jones brought the cowboys back to the top.....I don't care what anybody says. without jerry the cowboys would not of won 3 more SB's. He made a huge mistake by letting johnson go, but some blame should be put on johnson. Johnson and jones deserve equal credit for the rise and fall of that team. but jones financed the whole deal. If I wern't a dallas guy I might feel differently because those guys are very vocal and sometimes can be over the top. but I think many sports fans would love to have those type of guys as their owner.

Last edited:

Jetstream Green

Reaction score
It is how they go over the top that disturbs me, Synder of the Redskins is in the same mold. I really can't hate Al Davis anymore because it is hard to take him seriously, his antics are now more comic to me. But as you said, this is a Davis post and being a UTex I wish him the best (even if I don't fully agree LOL).

Lorenzo

Reaction score
It is how they go over the top that disturbs me, Synder of the Redskins is in the same mold. I really can't hate Al Davis anymore because it is hard to take him seriously, his antics are now more comic to me. But as you said, this is a Davis post and being a UTex I wish him the best (even if I don't fully agree LOL).
snyder doesn't really bother me. he would bother me if I were a skins fan because he has made some boneheaded moves. al davis too. jerry jones has definitely made some mistakes, but I respect him for all of the smart things he's done. Cuban is the guy that honestly I wish he would keep his mouth shut sometimes, but you take him for who he is. He is a great owner.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05