Leonard Davis - Called "THE STUD" of Dallas O line

Card Trader

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Good for him, unfortunately for us he was a fat tub of lazy lard while he was here.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Didn't we have a tackle by that name?

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Good for him, unfortunately for us he was a fat tub of lazy lard while he was here.

No he wasn't. He was put in the wrong position by a fat tub of lazy lard the last three years he was here.

That Reggie "the whiff" Wells is playing Guard for Arizona instead of Davis irritates me no end.

It also irritates me no end that teams have to make personnel decisions based solely on salary.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No he wasn't. He was put in the wrong position by a fat tub of lazy lard the last three years he was here.

That Reggie "the whiff" Wells is playing Guard for Arizona instead of Davis irritates me no end.

It also irritates me no end that teams have to make personnel decisions based solely on salary.
Amen.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
What a fat jerk

He may be a fat jerk but probably will be a fat all pro jerk on a good team. We seem to lose a lot of jerks with no talent that when moved suddenly become what we drafted them for. We need to look inward as to why this happens. He was the best OL we had and one of the best in the nation coming out of college. Nearly everyone on this board thought we had him playing the wrong position. Did we?

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He will be playing tackle for the 'boys next year and look like poo again. (for the record though i wanted to keep him)

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
He will be playing tackle for the 'boys next year and look like poo again. (for the record though i wanted to keep him)

That would be a bad move by Dallas. Guys like Faneca and Hutchinson have proven the value of high quality guard play.

And Davis is just not suited to play the blind-side Tackle position.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That's just 20/20 hindsight.

just because we had threads on this very thing from the day we drafted Davis until the day he signed with Dallas in no way means you're allowed to now act like you knew he was a guard.

:D

SeaChicken

The Other Bird
Reaction score
He may be a fat jerk but probably will be a fat all pro jerk on a good team. We seem to lose a lot of jerks with no talent that when moved suddenly become what we drafted them for. We need to look inward as to why this happens. He was the best OL we had and one of the best in the nation coming out of college. Nearly everyone on this board thought we had him playing the wrong position. Did we?

Yes. I was secretly hoping the Seahawks would go after him as a guard in free agency. I always thought he was out of position. He was a stud at guard in college.

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score

:thumbup:

WildBB

Yogi n da Bear
Reaction score
That's just 20/20 hindsight.

just because we had threads on this very thing from the day we drafted Davis until the day he signed with Dallas in no way means you're allowed to now act like you knew he was a guard.

:D

He knew it and he said so. He would have taken less to stay here MTL, if the offer would even be made. And he did play OG here and excelled the first couple years.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I wonder what Grimm could've done with Davis in light of the minor miracle he worked, IMO, on Gandy. (Even though Gandy had his first bad game in Tampa.)

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He knew it and he said so. He would have taken less to stay here MTL, if the offer would even be made. And he did play OG here and excelled the first couple years.

Yes I know he started at Guard before moving to tackle. Right after we drafted him I made the comment that he's making LT money but he's a guard and if we wanted a guard we should have moved down and taken Hutchinson instead.

I thought Big was ok at Tackle but it was obvious he was a better guard, I think Green moved him over money and I'm convinced that Big figured it would earn him more on the open market so he went along with it.

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
San Antonio...LOL

That my friends is the ignorant pub of Dallas Cowboy fans, any smart Dallas fans do not live in this city. Here are a few recent examples of the brains behind their sport commentaries...Adrian Wilson plays FS for us and not SS, and they still whif from time to time and call us the Phoenix Cardinals...they know little about any other team without a star on the helmet and push to the extreme anything concerning a star on the helmet. I recently had one of their fans tell me that Jason Garrett would be the reason why the Cowboys will beat the Patriots in the Superbowl since he has more brains than the whole NE coaching staff? Guys, these are Cowboy fans at their worst. Davis has played well for them but has not played great...if so Romo would not be praised every week for scrambling for his life and making a great play. Romo deserves a lot of credit for keeping those plays alive and not their OL.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Dallas was 15th in rushing ypc last year. So far this season they're 5th at almost half a yard better.

Could be Davis, could be Romo, could be Phillips.

I don't care.

I do think that our offensive line would be much better with Davis at G instead of Wells based on what I've seen of them playing G this season.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dallas was 15th in rushing ypc last year. So far this season they're 5th at almost half a yard better.

Could be Davis, could be Romo, could be Phillips.

I don't care.

I do think that our offensive line would be much better with Davis at G instead of Wells based on what I've seen of them playing G this season.

Yep, Deuce and Big at guard would be pretty scary wouldn't it?

Especially with you know who at RB!

:bang:

Rab

Angry Vedder
Reaction score
I know Leonard has been getting a lot of praise out Dallas since the preseason. It pisses me off to no end because all I can think of it all of the false start penalties over and over in my head.

Red Dawn

Go Big Red!
Reaction score
Guard, tackle, whatever. What ticks me off is he just went through the motions while he was here. Now hes got a big contract for a high-profile team so he's going to put forth some effort.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Guard, tackle, whatever. What ticks me off is he just went through the motions while he was here. Now hes got a big contract for a high-profile team so he's going to put forth some effort.

I don't recall him just going through the motions here any more than any other player on the team.

I do recall seeing a lot of guys just going through the motions last Sunday vs Tampa. It's a problem with the franchise that goes back way before LDavis ever put on a Cardinal uniform.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't recall him just going through the motions here any more than any other player on the team.

I do recall seeing a lot of guys just going through the motions last Sunday vs Tampa. It's a problem with the franchise that goes back way before LDavis ever put on a Cardinal uniform.
Then that makes it okay.

:)

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Yep, Deuce and Big at guard would be pretty scary wouldn't it?

Especially with you know who at RB!

:bang:

You can thank our esteemed GM for that. I would bet almost any personnel man in the NFL would've kept LD and let Reggie Wells walk. Aren't we lucky we got the one who didn't do that. You're right in that, if we kept LD, there's no way we pass on Peterson. Instead, like Duckjake says, the long standing tradition of drafting guys in the 1st round to replace fromer 1st round guys we let walk continues the cycle of mediocrity. Well, not even mediocrity.Mediocrity would be an occasional wining record.