Lets talk about the playoff picture

Lorenzo

Reaction score
AFC west & south are runaways and so the NFC west & south will be runaways by the end of the season too.You can't just limit the one poor division to the NFC west anymore.Parity is gone for one season at least.Vegas knows all about it too.
I agree, but when you look at the bottom of both west divisions....they still have 4 of the lower tier teams in the league. with the improvement of SF the NFC west isn't as bad as last year.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
You can't BUY teams in the NFL "Under The Table" anymore.That was outlawed when the whiners owner was kicked out of the NFL.Yet he still gets a banner in frisco.Now for punnishment they get the Yorks as owners for life.The team will be passed down for generations and generations of Yorks.....Worst punnishment ever delivered in the history of the NFL.
How are the Yorks punishment? They have been spending money. Im pretty certain he's not cheap...

Two teams have represented the NFC WEST in the playoffs many times.I'm sure you knew that.Its called facts.
Yeah I think that the 49ers and Rams played in the NFC championship back in 1989. Doesn't mean this division has historically been bad.
The lions will have 5 Superbowls by the time the 9ers make the playoffs again with the Yorks as owners.:D
You mean that the Lions will have five more superbowls than the Cards? Get out of here!you jokester you...

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Lynn Haven Florida(Panama City)1 mile away.
Whats always unusual is the fact that division teams always play each other closer than thier record shows no matter what.

Its due to the familiarity of the two teams and the rivalry always stirs up both teams and any game played at qwest field is gonna be tough to win.

So records don't always matter when it comes to how much better sorry teams get up and play better when they are playing division games.They are very hard games to pick if you're a gambler.Upsets can happen anytime.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
I agree....and if you read my posts word for word i said the cards are a good team. don't mistake my posts for hate of the cards because that's not accurrate. my point is that if some of the other good NFC teams played in the west...they would benefit from that. and that is not deniable.

We beat the best in your division, the Giants, and the Pukes lost to 'em...so by your own logic the Cards would dominate the division and the Pukes are inferior to the Cards.
Thanx for clearing that up, drive thru

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
How are the Yorks punishment? They have been spending money. Im pretty certain he's not cheap...

Yeah I think that the 49ers and Rams played in the NFC championship back in 1989. Doesn't mean this division has historically been bad.

You mean that the Lions will have five more superbowls than the Cards? Get out of here!you jokester you...

I remember the lambs and seahags both making the playoffs in much more recent time than 89.

If you don't know how bad having the Yorks as owners is than you have a million miles to go.They'll NEVER have a winner as long as they are alive.:)

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Division winners-first round bye: Saints,Cards
Divison winners hosting: Vikings, Giants
wild card: Falcons, Packers

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Which division is the only one to send all four teams to the Super Bowl in the last 15 years?

That's right, the NFC West.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
it's funny and I'm not saying the cowboys will make the playoffs(someone else who started this thread said that). but you can't deny that the cards clearly play in the worst division in the conference. that's all i'm saying. and last year it was the worst division in football.

So last year any other NFC playoff team should have an easy time with us.

Oh wait a minute, we went to the Superbowl last year. This year we went to the Meadowlands and beat the team that will win the NFC east.

The Cowboys would not have won the NFC West last year nor would they this year.

outoftheashes

Registered
Reaction score
let's break it down:

NFC East:
Philly-good team
NYG-good team
dallas-good team when they play to their potential
Wash-LOL

NFC North
Minn-Good team
GB-good when they play to their potential
chicago-capable team
Det-better but still a LOL

NFC South:
N.O.-great team now
ATL-good team
carolina-decent team when they play to their potential
TB-LOL

NFC West:
AZ-good team
SF-decent team
Seattle-LOL
rams-worst team in the conference

AFC East:best division in football
N.E.-great team when they play to their potential
Miami-decent team
NYJ-decent team
Buf-decent team(surprising 2 game win streak and should have beat N.E.)

AFC North:division that fell off the most
Indy-Great team
Houston-decent team
j-ville-LOL(too inconsistent afc version of seattle)
Tenn-LOL...most disappointment in the game

AFC North:
Pitt-great team when they play to their potential(big ben having a great year and you can't discount the loss of troy p.)
cincy-no doubt a good team(perhaps surprise team of the year)
Bal-good team when they play to their potential
LOL(you know who)

Denver-good team
SD-good team when they play to their potential
LOL
LOL

I can’t disagree with this completely scientific ranking system based entirely on factual statistics and not, in any way, totally made up of conjecture with a teensy sprinkling of overt bias.:sarcasm:

Perfectionist

Objectively Correct
Reaction score
I remember the lambs and seahags both making the playoffs in much more recent time than 89.

If you don't know how bad having the Yorks as owners is than you have a million miles to go.They'll NEVER have a winner as long as they are alive.:)

Man, I had been saying the same thing about the Bidwells since, maybe time started. But alas last year proved me wrong (thank you God). So Doug, never never say NEVER!:)

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
If you don't know how bad having the Yorks as owners is than you have a million miles to go.
Do explain...please. They are spending the money and leaving the decision to everybdoy else. So please explain how they are cheap, but before you do i want to debunk them spending all that money on Justin Smith, Clements, Michael Lewis, etc....do tell

They'll NEVER have a winner as long as they are alive.:)
:lies:

Last edited:

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
I seem to remember a couple years ago the Seahawks making the playoffs only because they played in this pathetic division.

RedViper

Registered
Reaction score
maybe not....but if they played in the NFC west they could win the division at 9-7 with no issues or concerns. and perhaps get a playoff game or two at home....what a incentive.

Its absurd to declare you'd easily win the division over the Cardinals when the Cowboys lost the last head to head meeting, didn't make the playoffs last year, Cowboys lost to the Giants at home, we just beat the Giants in NY. All the evidence says you wouldn't win this division.

Doug

B a n n ed WARRIOR
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I seem to remember a couple years ago the Seahawks making the playoffs only because they played in this pathetic division.

Nevermind then.I'll save my time for someone who can remember what happened in the past in this division once they said they knew what was going on.You've proven just to be sarcastic and not interested in talking facts about what team and teams have represented the NFC WEST in recent years.You don't have to go back to 89.

Its obvious you don't like to be proven wrong.I never said the Yorks were cheap.Show me that line anywhere.They will never make the right football moves.Father has assured son he will get team and that makes me smile even more.

I'm thinking the 9ers can break lil' napoleons record in Washington for new coaches in a record amount of time.Plus rebuilds.You have to build first before you can classify a rebuild.The drafting has been to poor to build first.:D

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
Nevermind then.I'll save my time for someone who can remember what happened in the past in this division once they said they knew what was going on.You've proven just to be sarcastic and not interested in talking facts about what team and teams have represented the NFC WEST in recent years.You don't have to go back to 89.
I do remember. I give you facts and you ignore them.

Its obvious you don't like to be proven wrong.I never said the Yorks were cheap.
I love being proved wrong......I just like people making sense.
They will never make the right football moves.
Once again he is not responsible for the mess the 49ers were in.
Father has assured son he will get team and that makes me smile even more.
Son has already control of the team

I'm thinking the 9ers can break lil' napoleons record in Washington for new coaches in a record amount of time.Plus rebuilds.You have to build first before you can classify a rebuild.The drafting has been to poor to build first.
Really? Willis, Staley, Gore, etc. I believe Sando reported that the 49ers have the second most draft picks still on the team....only the Packers have more picks currently on the team.

Last edited:

Lorenzo

Reaction score
We beat the best in your division, the Giants, and the Pukes lost to 'em...so by your own logic the Cards would dominate the division and the Pukes are inferior to the Cards.
Thanx for clearing that up, drive thru
let's let dallas and AZ trade places. I would have no problem seeing AZ dominate NY, Phil, and Was 2wice a year and watch dallas play Seattle, SF, and STL 2wice a year. that is some great logic right there. something tells me there isn't a cardinals fan in their right mind who would want to see that change. we already saw how things worked out for the cardinals in the NFC East before. not very good.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
So last year any other NFC playoff team should have an easy time with us.

Oh wait a minute, we went to the Superbowl last year. This year we went to the Meadowlands and beat the team that will win the NFC east.

The Cowboys would not have won the NFC West last year nor would they this year.
the cowboys had the same record as AZ last year and bearly lost to them on the road. They recked seattle and SF when romo played. they lost to STL when brad johnson played. if they played in the West they could have won the division and played 2(yes 2) home games in the playoffs... with those other porous teams. any cards fan that is honest would agree in spite of their hate for dallas.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
I would love to get Cowgirls for the wildcard... would be so much fun to continue your playoff futility...
I would love to see that.....I'm sure I can handle a playoff win or loss. It would be fun. in spite of the cowboys playoffs futility aren't they still one of the most winning playoff teams in the league? and in my lifetime.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Which division is the only one to send all four teams to the Super Bowl in the last 15 years?

That's right, the NFC West.
well every team in the NFC east has been to SB's and won except for Philadelphia and AZ if you consider they were in the NFC East before. at least they finally won a playoff game though right? too bad it was against dallas.

Historically the East is much better than the west teams currently. not even close...save SF. and their division stunk when they were good too. I think the East has won like 11 SB's and been to much more than that. If you break that down it shows how dominant this division has been in the SB era...for the NFC. and a lot of that has to do with the playoff futile cowboys.

and to say AZ didn't have a advantage last year is wrong. they got not one, but two home playoff games in spite of being one of the worst regular season playoff teams. I'm not saying they wern't a good team. I'm just being honest. it is what it is. They were one of the worst regular season teams in the history of the league to almost win a SB. and they played 2 home games in the playoffs...that was a advantage for them.

BTW, I never said anywhere that dallas is better than AZ. I don't know why some of you have that impression in your posts. Just read it for what it is.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
BTW, I never said anywhere that dallas is better than AZ. I don't know why some of you have that impression in your posts. Just read it for what it is.

Lies! Damn dirty lies! :D

In all seriousness, you certainly did say that. When you say Dallas would easily win the west, you are in fact saying that they would easily win it over Arizona. And I must disagree most strongly with that assertation.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Lies! Damn dirty lies! :D

In all seriousness, you certainly did say that. When you say Dallas would easily win the west, you are in fact saying that they would easily win it over Arizona. And I must disagree most strongly with that assertation.
I didn't say they would win it over AZ, I said if you switch dallas and arizona they would win it. big difference...if dallas and AZ were both in the west it would make for a tougher division...and I never said dallas were better than AZ. If you guys have read my posts carefully you will know that I have always given AZ the credit they deserve. I even came on here after the dallas/AZ game last year and said AZ deserved to win fair and square.

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I got 5 words for you lorenzotexan...

Tony Romo in the playoffs

HA ha HA!!!

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
I didn't say they would win it over AZ, I said if you switch dallas and arizona they would win it. big difference...if dallas and AZ were both in the west it would make for a tougher division...and I never said dallas were better than AZ. If you guys have read my posts carefully you will know that I have always given AZ the credit they deserve. I even came on here after the dallas/AZ game last year and said AZ deserved to win fair and square.

Okay then, yeah, Dallas would likely win the west by default, but I don't think they'd do it any more handily than 'Zona. And I agree that 'Zona and Dallas in the same division would be interesting.