Levi is the epitome of what it means to be a Cardinal

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
He should be the poster child of the Cards website. His pic should be in Webster's dictionary next to the definition of AZ Cardinals.

Levi is just so totally typical of not only the vast majority of Cardinal players since they moved to Phoenix, but is the perfect example of every Cardinal draft.

You will be missed, yet always mentioned and remembered by Card fans, Levi. You are a true Cardinal in every way, an under-achiever and born loser.

Last edited:

New Mexico

Fan since 1976ish
Reaction score
He should be the poster child of the Cards website. His pic should be in Webster's dictionary next to the definition of AZ Cardinals.

Levi is just so totally typical of not only the vast majority of Cardinal players since they moved to Phoenix, but is the perfect example of every Cardinal draft.

You will be missed, yet always mentioned and remembered by Card fans, Levi. You are a true Cardinal in every way, an under-achiever and born loser.

Possibly the stupidest post I've ever read, and that's saying something.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
If he'd left out the born loser part I'd agree with him. Just look at all the people bashing THESMEL for saying Leinart, Beanie Wells, and Levi Brown were good players.

That's also bashing the Cardinals brain trust who thought all those guys were worthy of first round draft picks. Leinart and Brown were top 10. How Graves kept his job for as long as he did is just mystifying. And a fellow named Steve Keim was a part of that brain trust.

Very easy to go back and read all the posts bashing Antrel Rolle, Matt Leinart, Levi Brown, DRC, Beanie Wells, and Dan "too fat" Williams and heck even Michael Floyd, to see that although apparently mean spirited SissyBoyFloyd is right.

2 top NFL players in 10 years of first round draft picks? That's an horrendous record. Like I always say as soon as the Cardinals sign a guy he grows ten thumbs and two left feet. :(

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You don't get to where Levi is by being a born loser. IMO, this is one of tackiest and least warranted threads I've seen here. You've stepped off the cliff when you attack a man on a personal level because you don't like the way he plays the game of football. Show some class.

Steve

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
You don't get to where Levi is by being a born loser. IMO, this is one of tackiest and least warranted threads I've seen here. You've stepped off the cliff when you attack a man on a personal level because you don't like the way he plays the game of football. Show some class.

Steve

As I posted he should have left out the "born loser". That only applies to the Cardinals franchise as a whole.

But he is right on the money claiming so many Cardinal players turn out to be underachievers.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
When I think of what plagued the franchise for ages was not drafting "losers", it was awful and cheap ownership. Since we got the new stadium and Michael has started running the show we've become a middling franchise.

Levi Brown was a bad pick, a really bad pick. But I dont think he defines the franchise. I'd rather point to a guy like Aeneas Williams. An unappreciated dude (nationally) that stuck around through a lot of crap, bad luck, bad drafts, bad coaches and still kept the faith.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As I posted he should have left out the "born loser". That only applies to the Cardinals franchise as a whole.

But he is right on the money claiming so many Cardinal players turn out to be underachievers.

And we both know that the fault for that lies more with the organization than the player. I have no problem with someone bashing Levi as a player but that post was over the top. Levi was a decent right tackle who was always better at run blocking than pass blocking. It's not his fault that we moved him to a position he was ill-suited for nor is it his fault we've played a style of offense that ignored his strengths and highlighted his weaknesses.

But even if Levi was completely and solely to blame, the born loser comment was still out of bounds as was the rest of the garbage about him being the poster child for the Cardinals. A lot of hard-working men have toiled for this organization.

Steve

CardinalKid

Reaction score
I just hope that Levi Brown doesn't get moved to Guard for Pittsburgh and become a All Pro for them....Please next cut or trade Lyle Sendlein!!!!!Lyle is a perfect example of the Cardinals accepting a sub par player and being happy...

Go Cardinals!

(Cardinals Fan Since 1962)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I just hope that Levi Brown doesn't get moved to Guard for Pittsburgh and become a All Pro for them....Please next cut or trade Lyle Sendlein!!!!!Lyle is a perfect example of the Cardinals accepting a sub par player and being happy...

Go Cardinals!

(Cardinals Fan Since 1962)

Welcome. I like the way that you think. I have been screaming how bad Sendlein is for years now.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
Levi may have been a underachieving tackle however he is not a loser. I can't recall how many people here who have met him personally have stated how nice he was to them. That is not a loser.

He was drafted too high however that was not his fault. Maybe you could call him lazy or stubborn and those words might be true however again not a loser.

I think BA believed he and his staff could turn Levi into a proficient LT. Turns out Levi either isn't coachable of simply refuses to absorb what they tried to teach to him. Then again maybe he just isn't capable of doing what they asked him to get better at.

In any event I think BA decided that Levi was not salvageable so he cut ties with him. I suspect this was in the making for some time and that is why Sowell was brought in with the intention of shipping Levi out.

OP
OP
SissyBoyFloyd

SissyBoyFloyd

Pawnee, Skidi Clan
Reaction score
As I posted he should have left out the "born loser".

Since being reborn in AZ, the Cards players as a whole have been the epitome of poor, under-achieving, stupid playing, lazy quitters, group of losers. Maybe some of you don't remember the total history of the Cards in AZ, and the endless game after game of mistake filled comedy of errors. And for those who think it only applies to the 80's or 90's, I refer you to last year's 58-0 drubbing.

Last edited:

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Since being reborn in AZ, the Cards players as a whole have been the epitome of poor, under-achieving, stupid playing, lazy quitters, group of losers. Maybe some of you don't remember the total history of the Cards in AZ, and the endless game after game of mistake filled comedy of errors.
I don't think you know what "as a whole" means.

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
At the end of the day its still a damn game. People put way too much stock in winning rings and somehow equate that to the character of a man. Sure we produce bad football players sometimes, but we also produced Pat Tillman, who gave up football altogether and gave his life for this country.

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using Tapatalk 4

BurqueCardFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Levi may have been a underachieving tackle however he is not a loser. I can't recall how many people here who have met him personally have stated how nice he was to them. That is not a loser.

He was drafted too high however that was not his fault. Maybe you could call him lazy or stubborn and those words might be true however again not a loser.

I think BA believed he and his staff could turn Levi into a proficient LT. Turns out Levi either isn't coachable of simply refuses to absorb what they tried to teach to him. Then again maybe he just isn't capable of doing what they asked him to get better at.

In any event I think BA decided that Levi was not salvageable so he cut ties with him. I suspect this was in the making for some time and that is why Sowell was brought in with the intention of shipping Levi out.

He may be a nice guy and a good person but can still be classified a loser when it comes to the game. Over the years, so many players we drafted high would get their big contract and then check out until they could bolt for another team. This may be partially the fault of the organization but a lot falls on the lack of character & commitment of the player. Guys like Thomas Jones, Rice, Hearst, Knight, Davis, KVB, etc... I don't think they gave their best effort while they were Cardinals. But once they left, they found the motivation to be great players. To me that is a lack of character.
The great ones like Aeneas, Centers, Adub, Fitz, PP, etc... motivated themselves to be the best they can be.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
Since being reborn in AZ, the Cards players as a whole have been the epitome of poor, under-achieving, stupid playing, lazy quitters, group of losers. Maybe some of you don't remember the total history of the Cards in AZ, and the endless game after game of mistake filled comedy of errors. And for those who think it only applies to the 80's or 90's, I refer you to last year's 58-0 drubbing.

This is BS. Just because guys come to Arizona and underachieve doesn't mean they are "born losers". Just that they and their teammates were losers as Arizona Cardinals.

It's like the nutcases who want to claim a poster is negative in every aspect of their life just because they post negative things about the Cardinals football team.

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
He may be a nice guy and a good person but can still be classified a loser when it comes to the game. Over the years, so many players we drafted high would get their big contract and then check out until they could bolt for another team. This may be partially the fault of the organization but a lot falls on the lack of character & commitment of the player. Guys like Thomas Jones, Rice, Hearst, Knight, Davis, KVB, etc... I don't think they gave their best effort while they were Cardinals. But once they left, they found the motivation to be great players. To me that is a lack of character.
The great ones like Aeneas, Centers, Adub, Fitz, PP, etc... motivated themselves to be the best they can be.

I can buy the lack of character or under motivated but Sissy was classifying Levi as a born loser in life which I disagree with. Brown earned a Bachelor of Science in Labor and Industrial Relations from Penn State in 2005, and Bachelor of Science in Psychology. He completed college in 3 1/2 years with a GPA over 3.0 He may be a bad football player but he certainly is a pretty smart guy.

Jim Otis

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
The term Born Loser would be better applied to a new born baby coming out of the womb addicted to the drugs that mommy and daddy were taking . It hardly applies to a NFL player being paid millions of dollars .