Lienart may start

phillycard

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Well stated.

I would honestly rather live through Leinarts Growing pains now. Especially since the season is pretty much tanked.

See I don't know that it is Shane. I think a Leinert start will indicate that Denny thinks that way, no matter what he would say to the contrary, and I'm not ready to go that route. Kurt may get murdered behind our line before it's all said and done so it's really a moot point anyway. I fully expected to see Matt at some point due to injury, not a benching. Kurt hasn't been THAT bad.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
"Warner has now fumbled eight times this year, and lost three of them. In pre-game warm-ups Sunday, two snaps to Warner from center Alex Stepanovich ended up on the ground.

'The ball shouldnít hit the ground in pre-game,' Green said. 'There shouldnít be a pass that goes on the ground. There is no defense, and when there is no defense you should be 100 percent perfect.'"

from the same article. This is just ridiculous - we were fumbling IN THE PREGAME! You can't make this stuff up!

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
See I don't know that it is Shane. I think a Leinert start will indicate that Denny thinks that way, no matter what he would say to the contrary, and I'm not ready to go that route. Kurt may get murdered behind our line before it's all said and done so it's really a moot point anyway. I fully expected to see Matt at some point due to injury, not a benching. Kurt hasn't been THAT bad.

5 TDs, 4 INT, 8 FUMBLES - more turnovers than TDs, leading the team to 3 TDs in two games and only 4 TDs in the last 11 quarters - he has been that bad - he just got lucky we got to play the Niners in the first game who are pathetic and even made Josh McCown look like an NFL QB the last couple years.

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

Sorry bro but yes he has. He looks slow and feeble. The guy is one hit anyway from eating through a straw. I swear I thought I saw him limping around yesterday.

One thing about Leinart is that he makes quick decisions, and I think it is exactly what this offense needs. Get the ball out and let the playmakers play! That is what made Warner king in STL.. and now he can't do that anymore on a consistent basis.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
At 1-2, the season should not be tanked. But, as Cardinals fans, we've been 1-2 so many times and we have precious few seasons to point at where we did not continue to tailspin and were out of it by December.

I fully understand both points of view. I just can't fully get behind either one.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There's a such thing as reality and we're staring it in the face. We've got a washed up has been as our QB who even on the sidelines BEFORE THE GAME can't get the snap right with the Center! Did any of you actually read the article where Green says that in the pregame they were fumbling the snap - IN THE PREGAME! AGAINST NO ONE! GOOD LORD.

The reality is that we are 3 games into the seasons and fans are already throwing in the towel. It's not like the Cardinals got blown out on Sunday. One player made a bunch of mistakes. If he doesn't make those mistakes this game turns out different.

Oh and yes it is disgusting that our center an QB can't even get something as fundamental as a snap down before the game. The coaching staff had better get this under control.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The reality is that we are 3 games into the seasons and fans are already throwing in the towel. It's not like the Cardinals got blown out on Sunday. One player made a bunch of mistakes. If he doesn't make those mistakes this game turns out different.

Oh and yes it is disgusting that our center an QB can't even get something as fundamental as a snap down before the game. The coaching staff had better get this under control.

personally, I don't think throwing Matt in is throwing in the towel - I think he actually giveds us the best shot to win now and in the future. That's how little faith Ihave in Dirty Kurt who is now something like 9-23 in his last 32 games with an overwhelming Turnover:TD ratio with a horrific amount of sacks taken.

When I called for Matt to tbe the starter in the preseason it was because I thought Warner was a washed up has been, but I had no idea he was this washed up - there's no future or present with him at the helm IMO.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
personally, I don't think throwing Matt in is throwing in the towel - I think he actually giveds us the best shot to win now and in the future. That's how little faith Ihave in Dirty Kurt who is now something like 9-23 in his last 32 games with an overwhelming Turnover:TD ratio with a horrific amount of sacks taken.

When I called for Matt to tbe the starter in the preseason it was because I thought Warner was a washed up has been, but I had no idea he was this washed up - there's no future or present with him at the helm IMO.

What is a Dirty Kurt?

Just curious.

BTW, start Leinart!

That's all.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Throwing in the towel would mean sticking with Warner. Going to Leinart at this point is a way to try to salvage the season.

If the coaching staff thinks that Warner is a liability then yes that would be an option. I'd prefer that we wait for a home game to start Leinart.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the coaching staff thinks that Warner is a liability then yes that would be an option. I'd prefer that we wait for a home game to start Leinart.

I think it depends on how the team feels about both QBs as to whether they would perceive it as throwing in the towel or not.

Personally, I'm guessing that starting Leinart would be popular among the players.

MadCardDisease

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Oh I agree. However I want to see Leinart succeed and keep his confidence. That is why I would let Kurt start one more game because it is on the Road.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
Home shhhhmoooomeee

Start the kid, give him a full week, watch the competence it's infectious.

Slacker

Rookie
Reaction score
There was an article last week about Mike Shanahan not wanted to hurry Cutler into the starting job until his team has confidence in him. He doesn't want to do with Cutler what he did with Griese.

I think there is a lot to be said there. If the team has confidence Matt can lead them, he should play. If they don't, Warner should stay in. It's as simple as that.

conraddobler

I want my 2$
Reaction score
There was an article last week about Mike Shanahan not wanted to hurry Cutler into the starting job until his team has confidence in him. He doesn't want to do with Cutler what he did with Griese.

I think there is a lot to be said there. If the team has confidence Matt can lead them, he should play. If they don't, Warner should stay in. It's as simple as that.

I haven't heard ringing endorsements of Warner, in fact mostly you heard thinly veiled threats that something needs to change.

Edge wasn't talking about the O line, either was Rolle.

The change they want is Matt.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Throwing in the towel would mean sticking with Warner. Going to Leinart at this point is a way to try to salvage the season.

I agree.

Matt's rookie mistakes won't be as bad as Kurt's veteran rookie mistakes. And Kurt's mistakes ARE costing us games.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, even in Denver there's an acknowledgment that Cutler isn't the same QB as Griese, and that if Shannahan's hand is forced at somepoint in the season (if last night's game was another doozy by jake it could have been as early as this week) then the team WOULD be behind Cutler.

Ithink that's the same thing here. Greise was never a "locker room guy." In fact, one of his teammates punched him in the face his second year in the league (ie "he tripped over his dog and got a black eye").

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Edge has already told Matt that this will be his team....Edge is giving Matt tips he learned from Peyton.

Edge, at least IMO, is pretty clearly in the Leinart camp. And you can bet when Edge is vocally in that camp, the rest of the team will be as well.

Crazy Canuck

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Yup. This season is tanked. You may want to live in the fantasy world thinking this team will turn it around and make a run but it just isnt going to happen. We will lose on the road this coming week. Most likely in a bad fashion. The team will get further down and infuriated. From there its all down hill. We cant even take care of business at home. Our history shows were doomed on the road. Add all the coaching deficiencies and we are SCREWED with a capital S!

Nostradamus has spoken.

It's obviously time to start discussing next springs' draft.

What are we going to do with the no. 1 pick?

I say... trade down.

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
ive always supported warner...but its time for Leinart

yesterday was an absolute disaster.