Listen to the Hawks news conference...

Dr. Dumas

Registered
Reaction score
I hope every team doubles down on Joe. I can't wait till he curls up into a little ball from the pressure.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Billy Knight seems like he doesn't know what he is talking about. No mention of Joes stats or what he did in Phoenix last year.

fordronken

Reaction score
Sundance said:
They're acting as though they just signed Jesus Christ or something.

"Well, what with eighty percent of our fan base being alcoholics, we feel signing a player who could turn water into wine will be a big boost for our franchise."

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Doesn't sound much like an outspoken leader. Of course, that may just be anti-JJ bias, but does anyone else think that?

OP
OP
AmareFan

AmareFan

4DASUNS
Reaction score
what I captured so far....
Announcer- “Glorious day in Atlanta Hawks history”

Michael Garren- who said the hawks cant be exciting and interesting in Aug…this is a great day, Joe, welcome to Atlanta….thank you to Billy Knight for overhauling the roster, we will be exciting for years to come…

Another owner…welcome to Joe Johnson, glad to be up on the stage with Joe.

Coach….welcome to everyone for coming up, we need the fan support in the worst way…this day is about Joe Johnson and his family, excited to coach Joe Johnson, this day is about Joe Johnson….welcome and proud to have you here…

Billy Knight- thanks to everyone for being here, I would like to thank the ownership group for supporting me personally and professionally, thanks for the support …..supported me from the day I walked in here, I appreciate that …..I think that I try to spend every moment of everyday working on putting a team together and moving forward, that’s my hobby and that’s what I do…obviously this is an important day for our franchise, Joe exemplifies everything we want to be as a team, he is everything we want to exemplify as a team going forward, appreciate his patience and his agent’s patience, I appreciate the Phx Suns staying with us on this deal, all of these things are important, it could have gone differently…appreciates Joe’s confidence in him to get the job done, Joe has shown a lot of confidence in them because he could have gone anywhere….

Joe- Thanks to everyone for coming out today, I want to thank Billy Knight, coach and the rest of the owners…. had a great time in Phx, but now is the time for me to move on…closer to home and family,,,will be a lot of fun and looking forward to it……

Announcer then introduced Joe’s family and friends,…..clapping.

Questions….

Q- At what point in this process when did you realize you would be here?

Joe- talked to Billy a few times this summer, knew it would happen.

Q- Did you get discouraged at all with the process

Joe- No, kept in contact with me and let me know everything will be okay..

Q- Why the Hawks?

Joe- Good start for me, we have a lot of young guys…wanted to start over again.

Q- What was it that you saw in Joe that made you want to have him?

Billy- Versatile b-ball player, important to our team…Joe can play more than 2 positions, 3 or 4 positions…Joe can handle the ball and make plays

OP
OP
AmareFan

AmareFan

4DASUNS
Reaction score
This press conference sucks!!!!!!!!!!!! and Joe is officially the enemy....so much for our "Joe" chants during the spurs playoff game.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I am going to the game in ATL. I am going to heckle the s#it out of him!!!

Dr. Dumas

Registered
Reaction score
AmareFan said:
…..I think that I try to spend every moment of everyday working on putting a team together and moving forward, that’s my hobby and that’s what I do…

That's why Atlanta will always suck. It should not be your hobby.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't know, it seems extremely apparent that Tellum told JJ to not say anything bad about Phoenix. It seems artificial.

Folster

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"I just want to have fun"

I wonder if he'll be having fun after 60 losses.

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
Joe's family is available for any questions you may have......

OP
OP
AmareFan

AmareFan

4DASUNS
Reaction score
more that i captured....

Q- What will you take away from your experience in Phx.

JOE- Had a great time, experience I will cherish…have a lot of friends there, will keep in contacted..but I wanted to start over.

Joe is a horrible speaker….

Q- Talk about what it will be like to be the man.

Joe- It’s a fresh start for me, opportunity I have been looking forward to, cant wait to get started….

Q- Does this sign and trade put on any extra pressure

Joe- No, I will come in and play ball like I know how to …have a great time and have fun..

Q- Talk about what the team gave up.

Billy- We completed the same deal we started from the beginning…we felt it was important, when we do a deal we feel it’s the best deal for our franchise…these are conditional picks, and we don’t feel like we can get a player like Joe in the draft with those picks…we know what Joe will bring and contribute to our team.

Josh smith just walked in the house….clapping….we are going to fine Josh for being late after we find some money…laughing…

Clapping..presented the jersey to Low Blow JOE>

Thanks for coming out…..

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
AmareFan said:
Q- Does this sign and trade put on any extra pressure

Joe- No, I will come in and play ball like I know how to …have a great time and have fun..

Unfortunately for Atlanta, that doesn't include playing point guard...

PrimeTime

Rookie
Reaction score
Hawks feel that they need to address their frontcourt, if they are to be competitive.

In related news, beer is alcoholic.

KANIDJA

Registered
Reaction score
this really is a messed up organization. that press conference was more like a circus day.
jj, i am glad you are gone. moving on...

Sundance

Registered
Reaction score
Poor Joe, the basketball gods bestowed upon him a great deal, but they failed to grant him the ability to articulate his profession in a public forum.

Last edited:

scoutmasterdave

Board Certified Suns Fan
Reaction score
AmareFan said:
these are conditional picks, and we don’t feel like we can get a player like Joe in the draft with those picks…

LMAO - there is someone as good or better than Joe in EVERY draft, especially as high as the Hawks ALWAYS pick.

:stupid:

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
So how many people think Johnson will be a Hawk for the next six years? How soon will he start complaining that he can't win on this team and start demanding a trade to a "contender"? Supposedly his contract makes him virtually untradeable, but I would not be surprised if Johnson ended up in a different uniform two years from now, if not sooner. I hope I'm wrong, because frankly, Johnson deserves to spend the rest of his career in Atlanta. After all, that's what he said he wanted.

fordronken

Reaction score
Griffin said:
So how many people think Johnson will be a Hawk for the next six years? How soon will he start complaining that he can't win on this team and start demanding a trade to a "contender"? Supposedly his contract makes him virtually untradeable, but I would not be surprised if Johnson ended up in a different uniform two years from now, if not sooner. I hope I'm wrong, because frankly, Johnson deserves to spend the rest of his career in Atlanta. After all, that's what he said he wanted.

He'll be a Hawk for at least three years. Even the Hawks can't be stupid enough to trade a guy after they already paid the majority of his salary up front.

SactownSunsFan

Welcome to the Age of Ayton
Reaction score
PrimeTime said:
Guess its too much to ask for video.. what a pathetic organization

They would have had live video feeds, as Belkin wanted it, but the other owners took him to court and had it overturned.
:D

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
sigh and good riddance to this whole damn experience.... i need a new avatar...anyone know boris diaws web page address???;)