Losing the lower pick surely sucks.

SoonerLou

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
AJ & Julio in 2011 are the only prospects in MHJ's category IMO. Then it's Megatron in 07 who is ahead of all three.
Julio was that level of prospect either. He always had potential and HS hype. However, Julio was a stiff runner and had major drop issues coming out of Bama. People thought ATL was reaching to get Julio. He's the specimen who worked out...no pun.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Smart money says the Bears will certainly consider MHJ but again, if they commit to Fields as their QB, they're committing to a running QB so why would they be locked in on a WR that Fields will struggle to get the ball to?

DJ Moore had a nice year for them this year, clearly we expect MHJ to be significantly better than Moore or Mooney, but if they commit to Fields they're going to be committing to building the OL the run game and the defense.

Maybe they think MHJ does for them what Brown did for the Eagles last year who knows. As I keep saying part of why the Eagles are struggling right now is they lost a ton of key depth because they had to figure out where best to spend their money after giving the big deal to Hurts and Brown getting paid when they got him.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score
Thinking about what Chicago has.....

Can you imagine leaving the draft with: Caleb Williams (#1), Nabers, Alt, or Odunze (#8)..... and then either Latu or Turner at #'s 10 or 11 (projecting Fields to either Atlanta or LV at 10 or 11)? Oooof... that's nice.
No chance they get a first for Fields. Maybe a second for Fields and a fourth or something.

He has one year left on his rookie deal + fifth year option and he’s not yet a top 15 QB.

Me too!

Hahaha, my wife went to the store and got us pork chops for the Win..

Go Redbirds!

You must be registered for see images attach

Those look a little over to me.

It's on the coaching to do the tanking, not the players. We saw Gannon do it well earlier in the season.

Coaches don’t tank. Every team that get fooled into passing the ball against us only has themselves to blame.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
What does that matter? Just like Nabers, MHJ also had a very talented QB throwing him the ball. Not like McCord was his QB the whole he has been there.
what does it matter??? Lol. You’re just trying to argue. McCord just transferred to Syracuse.
If you think McCord is talented you should abstain from any draft/prospect talk.

He was a heisman finalist with the equivalent of NFL John Skelton throwing him the ball.

DVontel

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
what does it matter??? Lol. You’re just trying to argue. McCord just transferred to Syracuse.
If you think McCord is talented you should abstain from any draft/prospect talk.

He was a heisman finalist with the equivalent of NFL John Skelton throwing him the ball.
I’m going to enlarge the font for you so the point doesn’t go across your head this time. Also, clearly when I said talented, that was about Stroud.
What does that matter? Just like Nabers, MHJ also had a very talented QB throwing him the ball. Not like McCord was his QB the whole time he has been there.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Any chance that SOS tie breaker changes enough next week to move us up? We could just as easily be number 2.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Even if we don't get MHJ, there should be enough talent in the top 20 we should be OK.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
I’m going to enlarge the font for you so the point doesn’t go across your head this time. Also, clearly when I said talented, that was about Stroud.
You were acting like Harrison was a by product of playing with Stroud.

My original point was Nabers played with a heisman winner QB. Nobody heard of Nabers until this year.

I know McCord wasn’t Harrison’s QB the entire time but he was this entire year and he was still dominant and the only non-QB heisman finalists.

Not sure what you’re trying to say about Marvin.

There isn’t a WR in his class this year.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
I dont agree with any of this, at all and it will become more clear as people actually watch tape leading up to the draft. The fluidness, change of direction, and YAC ability of Nabers blows MHJ out of the water. MHJ has the height but the hips are stiff and he is a straight line guy.

You can watch Nabers blow by Alabama and other top defenses while MHJ played a whole lot of no names, western Kentucky, Maryland, etc. The evaluations and concensus will look a LOT different 4 months from now I can guarantee that.
The question is would they take nabers over alt or fashaunu? I think Monti takes alt if harrisson is gone and then goes corner or pass rusher with the next pick. I wonder if Monti would have passed on harrisson anyway. His old teams o line online oline

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
The question is would they take nabers over alt or fashaunu? I think Monti takes alt if harrisson is gone and then goes corner or pass rusher with the next pick. I wonder if Monti would have passed on harrisson anyway. His old teams o line online oline
Interested in how Monti drafts here, too. We have so many needs, we really can go best available.

Denny Green Fan

Registered
Reaction score
I was listening to an Arizona podcast the other night as I drifted off to sleep. Man says if they get another stud ot to go with Paris defenses will be like “oh lord they got 2 studs now” I grinned from ear to ear

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky