LT just called out Bellichek!

OP
OP
clif

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He was upset how the Pats were celebrating on the Chargers field... mocking Merriman's dance.. he said it was very unclassy and it might come from their head coach.

OP
OP
clif

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I dont like Deion at all, but he's right.....it's a freakin dance, then nfl is supposed to be fun, and Merriman doesn't have the rights to it, so chill out

for LT to call out Belichick is freakin insane, I dont care who you are

Of course, but I still like the fact that someone called him out. Sure the dance is silly anyways (and I am not even a fan of Merriman) but I am glad he said it. Belichick is a great coach, but he is not a class guy.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
And I loved it!

What is up with players & even the announcer getting pissed off because the visiting team shows up the losing home team. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! I am so sick of hearing these players saying crap like "I was dissed". Be a man & shake hands. To the winner goes the spoils. If the visiting team wins & they want to do backflips, then so be it. LT was obviously upset at a couple of Patriots, but I don't think it was because they over-celebrated. Shake hands & get even the next time you play them.

ItsInTheCards

Bomb2Quan
Reaction score
Of course, but I still like the fact that someone called him out. Sure the dance is silly anyways (and I am not even a fan of Merriman) but I am glad he said it. Belichick is a great coach, but he is not a class guy.

but he wins....

just LT being a baby

to call him classless is being classless yourself. if LT had all that class that he said he had, he'd keep his mouth shut.

he's a great RB, but pot meet kettle.....

OP
OP
clif

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
What is up with players & even the announcer getting pissed off because the visiting team shows up the losing home team. ARE YOU KIDDING ME!!!!! I am so sick of hearing these players saying crap like "I was dissed". Be a man & shake hands. To the winner goes the spoils. If the visiting team wins & they want to do backflips, then so be it. LT was obviously upset at a couple of Patriots, but I don't think it was because they over-celebrated. Shake hands & get even the next time you play them.

Please... there is a such thing as acting like you've been there before. You don't dance around on someone else's field like an idiot.

ItsInTheCards

Bomb2Quan
Reaction score
Please... there is a such thing as acting like you've been there before. You don't dance around on someone else's field like an idiot.

then we definitely disagree....

NE was a HUGE underdog in this game, and they're not allowed to celebrate that they're going back to the Championship game?

you dont think that Seattle would've been dancing around like idiots had they shut down Soldier field?

Brian

PANEM ET CIRCENSES
Reaction score
but he wins....

just LT being a baby

to call him classless is being classless yourself. if LT had all that class that he said he had, he'd keep his mouth shut.

he's a great RB, but pot meet kettle.....

:biglaugh:

You need to watch more football.

LT is one of the classiest guys in the league, and Bellichek is one of the biggest jerks.

OP
OP
clif

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score

NE was a HUGE underdog in this game, and they're not allowed to celebrate that they're going back to the Championship game?

you dont think that Seattle would've been dancing around like idiots had they shut down Soldier field?

So what... celebrate in the locker room or on the plane home. You don't come running out on the field like a pack of wolves. It was classless. Uncommon? NO but it is still very disrespectful to your opponent and yourself.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
So what... celebrate in the locker room or on the plane home. You don't come running out on the field like a pack of wolves. It was classless. Uncommon? NO but it is still very disrespectful to your opponent and yourself.

Only the home team is allowed to celebrate at the final whistle? When did that rule go into effect?

I'm glad the Chargers lost. Bunch of crybabies.

OP
OP
clif

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Only the home team is allowed to celebrate at the final whistle? When did that rule go into effect?

I'm glad the Chargers lost. Bunch of crybabies.

There was time left on the clock and they ran out on the field like they won the freaking superbowl mocking another player (one that I admittedly don't like but still)

They could have waited until the game was actually over. There is a time and a place to celebrate like animals and that wasn't one of them.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
LT is a cry baby. If you don't want the Pats to celebrate, then maybe you shouldn't choke away a season. The personal fouls and head butts were real classy San Diego. LT thinks he's back in Pop Warner. The funniest part is how he said how classy he was. Just shut up and wipe off the golf clubs. Your team choked. Get mad at your coach for calling a stupid challenge and your terrible clock management at the end of the game. The Pats won. People celebrate after wins.

Renz

An Army of One
Reaction score
There was time left on the clock and they ran out on the field like they won the freaking superbowl mocking another player (one that I admittedly don't like but still)

They could have waited until the game was actually over. There is a time and a place to celebrate like animals and that wasn't one of them.

I agree that mocking Merriman's dance was not cool, but when the FG was missed the game was over. All NE had to do was kneel down once.

The Bears acted like they had won the Super Bowl when Rackers missed his FG on MNF. I don't remember any Cardinals having a hissy fit about it.

OP
OP
clif

clif

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I agree that mocking Merriman's dance was not cool, but when the FG was missed the game was over. All NE had to do was kneel down once.

The Bears acted like they had won the Super Bowl when Rackers missed his FG on MNF. I don't remember any Cardinals having a hissy fit about it.

I've always had a problem with players running out on the field like that. It is so pee wee football to me. I don't even like it when coaches get gatorade baths with like 5 mins to go. It just seems so childish.

No biggie. The the whole thing was that he called Billy boy out. Belichick is such a jerk but because he wins no one says anything about it. He shoves a cameraman out of the way and it is such a non issue. Let that be anyone else and there would have been a lawsuit.

Gambit

First-Class Second-Rate Poster
Reaction score
I hate New England (just because them winning is boring), but LT was acting like a spoiled brat.

PJ1

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Can't stand Bellichek, Brady and that whole NE bunch but LT needed to take the high road and be cool about it.

Just shake hands and leave. If you are mad just channel it toward next year and getting back to the playoffs. He sounded like a jerk after the game and he is usually a pretty good guy from what I have seen. Emotions run high right after a loss.

Ohio Cards Fan

Veteran
Reaction score

Of course you can celebrate a victory...wherever the game is played. There is a sportsmanlike way to celebrate and there is a classless way to celebrate. Imitating and mocking a losing player is a bunch of BS. Trying to defend it by saying "nobody owns a dance" is even more BS. Deion Sanders was a taunter too, so of course he would defend the Pats.

LT never dances. He doesn't lower himself by doing a ridiculous endzone dance. He gives the ball to the ref and trots to the sidelines. He NEVER opens his mouth. He IS one of the games best, possibly ever. If he has a beef with what the Pats did, then I would side with him every time.

Also, this is not the first time I've heard that Belichick is a jerk. Just because he wins doesn't alleviate him from that title if his actions and words warrant it.

devilalum

Heavily Redacted
Reaction score
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

You lost shut up and go home.
To the victors go the spoils. Maybe if MerryMan hadn't done his roid rage dance 17 times this year they wouldn't have impersonated him.

njlawrence

RIP, Jim
Reaction score
Waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah!

You lost shut up and go home.
To the victors go the spoils. Maybe if MerryMan hadn't done his roid rage dance 17 times this year they wouldn't have impersonated him.

:biglaugh: Amen!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Well said, devilalum. You gonna do the dance, you invite a reaction.

moklerman

Rise from the Ashes III
Reaction score
You beat me to it, but good call. Merrimen's dance itself is classless so mocking it doesn't seem so awful. Sinking to his level I suppose but sometimes it's nice to put it back in someone's face. New England was too big of an underdog and it was too much of a hard fought game not to expect whichever team won to get excited about winning. I would much rather see a team act like kids again and actually care about winning than be indifferent.