M-v-p&%#@!!!

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Where is Nashes heart???? Nash is tired I get it, but WTF. He is a shell of himself. Marion is getting literally manhandled, same with Diaw and T2, they are getting pounded by big guys. Nash has just disapeared, He is playing very weak. This is not a MVP performance, he is playing like he is 60 years old, dude needs to suck it up and play.
You must be registered for see images

Lefty

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Nash said after tonight's loss he is not healthy. Looks like his legs are the problem and you can attribute that to his poor outside shooting. Game seven is Monday, let's see who comes to play.

Nash

Reaction score
we'll probably see a better Nash Monday. In the post game interview after Game 5 he said the motion of shooting a mid-range jumper was in itself very painful because of his body pain. And he said his legs were just gone.
He's 32 and some rest should do him good.
He didn't turn in an MVP performance but he still had
17 pts, 11 assts. We have such high expectations of him so he seemed average.

He'll be back.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
as much as I hate to say it - I think we may be seeing the reason why Cuban balked at dishing out all that money to Nash. I love the guy, but there's only so much his body can take.

Let's hope the four day rest gets him his legs back and he can put this team on his shoulders one more time this year! (he won't have to carry us next year with everyone back, but he's got to do it now).

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
I could watch only the fourth quarter, but it looked to me like Nash was at his most active in the final couple of minutes, after the game had already been decided. It was sort of like he was thinking, "Okay, time to get some rest, but let me go ahead and remember what it's like to move again, just to have something to build on."

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Playing heavy minutes is one thing, but on this Phoenix Suns team Steve Nash has been counted on to create the majority of the offense. Actually, the biggest problem is this ridiculous playoff schedule. It's great for the fans, but it makes no sense for the basketball teams. They should schedule an extra day of rest when the series moves back and forth between arenas.

Joe

Nash

Reaction score
oh come on cheese! go easy on the guy. He's played huge mins all season. Its only now that its taking a toll on him.
And the team looks lame when he's not on the floor, making his huge mins imperative.

That mfin Pippen said "Clippers are making him a scorer , which he is not. His MVP status is getting exposed now. He cannot will his team to a win."
Whatever little respect I had for that 'clinger-on' Pippen just went straight into the trash.

Nash was 30.3 ppg, 12 apg, 55 % FG, 41.9% 3pt last year against Dallas in the playoffs. And he's one of 2 or 3 players in the league who had a 50% FG pct this season. A female expert just said that its well known that he isn't one of the greatest shooters! Whaaaaat?
One slip and these media idiots are pouncing on him!

Last edited:

JS22

Say Vandelay!
Reaction score
It's not Nash's fault that he's basically playing the entire game. The Suns have absolutely NOBODY who is capable of backing him up, and the entire offense essentially runs through him. If they play is not developing the ball is normally given back to Nash, and he creates for himself. I can imagine this being very taxing on his body. That, and the fact that he is 32.

The Suns NEED to address the backup PG situation in the offseason.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
Cheese definitely is a little alarmist, but let's not absolve Bryan Colangelo of some of the guilt for not going out and getting a true backup point guard.

And where would this team be with Amare and KT right now? Nash wouldn't be as worn out as he is now.

Personally, I thought this game was pathetic. I am so disappointed in the Suns--they showed no heart whatsoever--even Marion had his big game fairly quietly. It was almost like they didn't want to win the game.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chaplin said:
Cheese definitely is a little alarmist, but let's not absolve Bryan Colangelo of some of the guilt for not going out and getting a true backup point guard.

And where would this team be with Amare and KT right now? Nash wouldn't be as worn out as he is now.

I thought that's what I was saying in my last statement - you know - the one where I said "Let's hope the four day rest gets him his legs back and he can put this team on his shoulders one more time this year! (he won't have to carry us next year with everyone back, but he's got to do it now)."

That being said, I do worry about Nash a little. I LOVE the guy and definitely think that at some freaking point (like THIS OFFSEASON), this team needs to address the backup PG spot (although, they thought they did that with Eddie - which worked in the regular season, but obviously he's gone into a shell in the playoffs). But, history does creep into my mind and before I fell in love with Nash's game, all I remember thinking while watching the Mavs during the playoffs was that Nash never seemed to have the energy he did during the regular season and almost never made a name for himself in post-season.

Luckily, his game has been pretty amazing up until this series, but he ain't getting any younger and he needs help out there desperately. That's all I'm saying - but hey, I'm a a "hater" and I guess if I say just the tiniest thing negative, it's gonna get blown out of proportion - comes with territory - oh well (Chap - this ain't directed at you - it's directed to Nash and everyone else who I'm sure will come on here ripping me a new one! :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Nash said:
oh come on cheese! go easy on the guy. He's played huge mins all season. Its only now that its taking a toll on him.

uh - that's my point though about Cuban spending such big bucks on Nash. I'm not saying WE didn't make the right decision - we certainly did - but I can now start to see why Cuban didn't make the deal, whereas before, I thought he was just a bitter ex-girlfriend. It actually seems like the rare move that payed off for both teams.

Just on a hunch, I decided to check out minutes played for the top superstars in the playoffs so far and MY GOD are the superstars getting run through the woodshed - Kobe - 44 mpg, Dirk 42 mpg, Wade 41 mpg, and then, get this Lebron - 46.8 MPG! HOLY CRAP. You want to talk about carrying a team - THAT'S carrying a team. That kid is unbelievable, simply put, the absolute FUTURE of sports as we know it.

Nash

Reaction score
nope. this post was prefectly reasonable to me. no flames ;)

Just one thing - Eddie House wasn't quite a success as a PG in the regular season. He shot the freakin' lights out when Nash drew defenders and gave Eddie open looks.

In the regular season they were overly dependent on Nash-worse than now. Nash had to be on the bench for 5 mins and a 10 point lead for the Suns would disappear prompting Nash to come back in. House didn't quite show the skills to be a legit PG.

Is there anyone you think we might want to acquire in the post season to fill this void. I mean who are the PGs in the league worth a look to back Nash?

Nash

Reaction score
Oh Lebron is a freak of Nature! Everything from his build to dribbling skills to his leadership seem unbelievable for a kid his age.
As far as carrying the team goes, Nash can't log those kind of mins on a regular basis. Younger kids are trying to take care of that; y'know like Marion ;) - you gotta give it to Marion, the last 2 games he's been something else.

slinslin

Welcome to Amareca
Reaction score
Well I am not sure how Steve Nash can be faulted for getting outrebounded by 20 and allowing 60+% shooting over an entire game.

Guys we don't lose these games because of offense. Effort, Defense and Rebounding is just lacking badly. Calling it bad in our losses would be an understatement.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Every series in the playoffs being 7 games is stupid. Its too long and it diminishes the value of the playoffs. It should go back to 5-7-7-7 or better yet 3-5-7-7.

As to what that has to do w/ Nash, obviously, it would give him more rest time/he'd play less. But Im not a proponent of a shortened playoffs for that reason, I just happen to think its better overall. By the time the NBA finals get to a game 7 these days, players are tired all across the board and fans dont get to see the very top flight basketball.

AZ Shocker

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Nash has a pretty bad sprained ankle. Remember?

- The Clippers had a week off before this series.

- The Suns had to beat the Lakers and refs in their first series using a lot of energy.

- The national media (Pippen, ESPN new chic, etc.) don't watch Pacific Coast games unless its the Lakers on late at night. They seem to know nothing about the Suns and Nash. One bad game and the MVP is "exposed? My goodness Pippen...get a clue. :shrug:

Give Nash and the Suns an almost 4 day rest and we'll see the "real" Suns on Monday. :thumbup:

Unfortunently, as this series has now gone to 7 games...it looks as though the NBA is now pulling for mega-market Los Angeles. The media is starting to want it to happen as well. Looks like we'll be battling the refs again (even in our own house) come Monday. Sometimes I hate this league. :bang:

Joe Mama

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I haven't looked at the plus and minus numbers for last night's game yet, but I will bet that they are much better with Nash out of the game. He just looked really bad last night. Offensively he wasn't doing much, and defensively she was getting killed.

It's bad enough that Nash was getting abused in the post, but he repeatedly lost track of his men, especially Ross, giving up easy baskets.

Of course the Phoenix Suns pathetic double teaming didn't help either. I have no idea why they were waiting so long to double down on Elton Brand all night. Sure, the small would dig down on him, but they would wait until he was 5 feet from the basket to force him to give up the ball. By then he had surveyed the floor, and his teammates had plenty of time to get into great position or cut.

I hope the Nash feels better by Monday. He doesn't play better I can't see this team winning.

Joe

jibikao

Reaction score
Let's wait until Monday to make this judgement.

I didn't watch last night's game but his shooting seems to be a bit improved with 2 3-pointers rather than NONE. He had 11 assist with only 1 turnover. That's still pretty efficient considering he has to run the whole thing and penetrate defense 90% of the time, and both Bell and Tim Thomas had terrible shooting night.

Clipper's strategy is to tire Nash out by keep going at him all the time even if they don't score. I watched game 5 and they kept throwing the ball to Maggette to post Nash (even though Maggette didn't make any shot in the first Q by posting up. It was Kaman who kept getting the missed rebounds over and over again over Diaw).

It's a known fact that Nash can't play over 40mins with little rest. And it doesn't help that Eddie House has not shown up at all in the playoff. There is literally no backup except for Barbosa.

I was hoping coach D can use House a bit more. He is basically taking the risk of wearing Nash down by playing him 39mins after a Double OT with less than a day rest with traveling to LA.

Last edited:

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
cheesebeef said:
but hey, I'm a a "hater" and I guess if I say just the tiniest thing negative, it's gonna get blown out of proportion - comes with territory - oh well (Chap - this ain't directed at you - it's directed to Nash and everyone else who I'm sure will come on here ripping me a new one! :)

Just post them under my name. Saves your skin. :)

jibikao

Reaction score
Hey, at least Nash did not give up unlike somebody did. There is game 7 and Clipper is the better LA team. Are you surprised that this series takes up to game 7? I am not.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
jibikao said:
Hey, at least Nash did not give up unlike somebody did. There is game 7 and Clipper is the better LA team. Are you surprised that this series takes up to game 7? I am not.

Do you follow basketball? Not just the Suns, but basketball in general?

Seriously.

Did you watch TNT last night to see the actual guy actually explain (quite well in fact) what he was doing in that game, and even compared it to game 4? Are you still going to myth-bang everything you hear? Good buddah, but you are a chicken with your head cut off about this kind of stuff. I've had enough...far too much.

:bang:

jibikao

Reaction score
D-Dogg said:
Do you follow basketball? Not just the Suns, but basketball in general?

Seriously.

Did you watch TNT last night to see the actual guy actually explain (quite well in fact) what he was doing in that game, and even compared it to game 4? Are you still going to myth-bang everything you hear? Good buddah, but you are a chicken with your head cut off about this kind of stuff. I've had enough...far too much.

:bang:

I just said "somebody".

TucsonDevil

Good to be back!
Reaction score
True, Nash isn't at his MVP caliber form... however, blame needs to fall on Three other individuals.

First: Coach D'Antoni. By half-time, we could all see that Nash couldn't stop a high schooler from scoring. Well, guess what, that is the reason we keep House on the bench - Coach could have decided, "Let's see if Eddie has one of those nights. If he doesn't, at least I can give Nash needed rest going into Game 7". Coach didn't even try this in the late 4th quarter. Shame on him! Nash could have had 3 days rest, PLUS less stress on his legs/back.

Second: Tim Thomas was 1 for 6 with 5 rebounds. That is 3 points and 5 boards. Not the "playoff MVP" as some were willing to crown him a week ago. If you want to find a disappearing act, look for TT.

Third: James Jones has now remembered that he sucks. We needed his "amnesia" another couple of weeks. His 'hustle' that we praised two days ago was missing last night. Yeah, he is tired, but so is everyone else. James Jones needs to give us more than a shot or two and a couple of rebounds. Last night he gave us ZERO points, 2 boards and 2 Turnovers. Of course, he only played 10 min, but turning the ball over twice in 10 minutes will get you pulled if you aren't contributing elsewhere.

Suns can still win on Monday. I still Believe.

just do it

Registered
Reaction score
WastedFate said:
It's not Nash's fault that he's basically playing the entire game. The Suns have absolutely NOBODY who is capable of backing him up, and the entire offense essentially runs through him. If they play is not developing the ball is normally given back to Nash, and he creates for himself. I can imagine this being very taxing on his body. That, and the fact that he is 32.

The Suns NEED to address the backup PG situation in the offseason.

This offseason:

# 1 - get Amare healthy

# 1A - get a real back-up PG. I would love to swing a deal with Seattle for Ridnour if he is available?

nowagimp

Reaction score
Joe Mama said:
Playing heavy minutes is one thing, but on this Phoenix Suns team Steve Nash has been counted on to create the majority of the offense. Actually, the biggest problem is this ridiculous playoff schedule. It's great for the fans, but it makes no sense for the basketball teams. They should schedule an extra day of rest when the series moves back and forth between arenas.

Joe

But then, they wouldnt be able to advertise "40 games in 40 nights". I expect that the NBA has even polled fans who probably dont like waiting 2 down days. I agree though, that the schedule is rediculous. Alot of teams, not just the suns, look fatigued. The "product", as the NBA is so fond of calling the game, is degraded by fatigue. I'm sure David Stern understands, you know he knows the game so well, even was a pro himself.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05