Madden 2006 Thread

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
I love when you play against the computer and they're driving at the end of game and completing absurd passes and their runningback is bouncing off tackles.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
waah waah, go make a football game. ea is the best one out there and is now the only one, gonna have to deal with it or stop playing football games. if u are good at madden play it on all madden, its very realistic unless you suck, its rare i get blown out or blow anyone else out and alot of the stupid AI goes away

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I personally love the graphics in Madden. They are so realistic....if they were playing the NFL in TOON TOWN! They say these guys look real? On what planet? And give our players the correct numbers for a change you bastards at EA.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
BigRedRage said:
waah waah, go make a football game. ea is the best one out there and is now the only one, gonna have to deal with it or stop playing football games. if u are good at madden play it on all madden, its very realistic unless you suck, its rare i get blown out or blow anyone else out and alot of the stupid AI goes away

Go make a football game? Stupid comment. EA made it so nobody else can make a football game, at least an NFL game, which is all anyone wants to play. Madden blows, they have put out the same crap product for the last 20 years, and it is popular, so people like you like it. Play ESPN football once, and you'll realize the game play and player movements are much more realistic. (i.e. you are not running on ice skates.) ESPN NFL 2k5 was as highly rated as madden, and much cheaper, EA got scared and payed a buttload of money to eliminate the competition. That sucks for people who want to enjoy a good NFL game.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
i dont like madden because its popular, when i was younger and got my first super nintendo madden was the first game i got with it and every year i have played the new madden, along with the other nfl games that come out. i own madden 2005 and espn, now with maddens subtle changes the gameplay is still really good and they add new **** every year, i love playing it. I also own espn, while i had fun with it for a while i find the player movement choppy, the controls annoying, the playbooks really generic....i could go on forever. ive owned both for around the same amount of time and have finished several cardinal seasons and played a few online, on espn ive tried to start a season many times and once i get into the first season game it just bores me, without using the weekly prep theres not much to do with the team and that weekly prep is just one long and boring pain in the ass

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
Madden blows nowadays. The graphics are way outdated...like it's 1996 or something. ESPN has the graphics. I admit the playbook and some of the gameplay is choppy, but Madden is not even a sim game anymore, it's a damn cartoon game. The players on Madden are getting smaller and smaller.

I loved the halftime show on ESPN that showed your highlights. I also loved the way a pocket forms around your QB, just like in reality. I hated the way players ran, but I loved the way the tackles looked.

EA sells you the same regurgitated crap every year with a few tweaks and you drop $50 bucks because you want to to see the new players on the teams.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
no.

2006 for the Xbox, PC, PS2, GC, PSP, and DS will be out in August.

All of those versions suck and last year's NFL2k5 is better.

The real Madden 2006 will come out as a launch title for the Xbox 360 in November if it stays on schedule. If not, you might not see the next gen Madden until 2007.

bratwurst

on double secret probation
Reaction score
I might skip Madden until 2007 when they have the new cards stadium in the game.

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
vince56 said:
no.

2006 for the Xbox, PC, PS2, GC, PSP, and DS will be out in August.

All of those versions suck and last year's NFL2k5 is better.

The real Madden 2006 will come out as a launch title for the Xbox 360 in November if it stays on schedule. If not, you might not see the next gen Madden until 2007.

So they are going to be releasing it twice?

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
BigDavis75 said:
So they are going to be releasing it twice?

No one from EA is saying. We don't know if the next gen game is gonna premier this November when the Xbox 360 launches or next August as a multi-console game for the Xbox 360, PS3, and Nintendo Revolution (which by the way looks absolutely abysmal, Nintendo's going down the tubes fast).

cardsunsfan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Dan H said:
The PC has such amazing video hardware available to it, though. It would be awesome to see what high-end Madden could look like rendered on a pair of SLI'd 6800 Ultras . . . it would make the next-gen X-Box and PS look like Atari 2600s. ;)

They say the Playstation III will have a graphics card that is twice as fast as the fastest graphics card out there..and it is being created by the same people who make the fastest card...they say the Cell technology they are using is going to revolutionize the computer industry...it's not going to be used just for the playstation III..it supposedly stacks 8 processors (or something like that) together.... The consoles will be a breakthrough in computers...

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
SunCardfan said:
They say the Playstation III will have a graphics card that is twice as fast as the fastest graphics card out there..and it is being created by the same people who make the fastest card...they say the Cell technology they are using is going to revolutionize the computer industry...it's not going to be used just for the playstation III..it supposedly stacks 8 processors (or something like that) together.... The consoles will be a breakthrough in computers...

In the last Game Informer magazine, they state that the guys at Sony aren't as impressed with IBM's cell processor as they thought they'd be. Word is the Xbox will actually be better than the PS3 because it looks like Sony gambled and lost on the Cell Processor snafu. You'll hear more about it as it gets closer to the PS3 launch.

Gnomad

Roamin' Gnome
Reaction score
yay. A new Madden year, same exact look. I'm heavily underwhelmed by what I see in those screen grabs. I sure hope those are for the console version of the games. I see lots of aliasing, and the modeling still has a lot to be desired. There's no way these are 'next-gen', they're simply far to low quality.

Meanwhile, xbox 360 will be $500 in oct/nov. PS3 will be $400 around the same time. I've heard games will be more expensive, too.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
I'm renting Madden before I buy it this year. It has disappointed the last 2 yrs in a row. Basically throwing the same game out with a few tweaks.

Combine ESPN 2k5 graphics and presentation with Madden gameplay and you have the perfect game.

SeattleCard

Back in Arizona!!!
Reaction score
Gnomad said:
yay. A new Madden year, same exact look. I'm heavily underwhelmed by what I see in those screen grabs. I sure hope those are for the console version of the games. I see lots of aliasing, and the modeling still has a lot to be desired. There's no way these are 'next-gen', they're simply far to low quality.

Meanwhile, xbox 360 will be $500 in oct/nov. PS3 will be $400 around the same time. I've heard games will be more expensive, too.

Wrong. XBOX360 will be 299 I believe....

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
SeattleCard said:
Wrong. XBOX360 will be 299 I believe....

yep. Apparently Microsoft is taking about a $75 hit per unit sold as well to keep it at that price. They believe they'll make the money back later off Xbox live subscriptions and licensing fees from developers.

Basically, the Xbox 360 will be $375 worth of hardware, but only cost $299. Pretty cool. IMO, the Xbox360 and PS3 may spell doom for PC gaming. Just a hunch.

bratwurst

Reaction score
They better not doom pc gaming, because I'm not buying a console anytime soon. More like, I'm not buying a console. I'll stick with my PC.

JPlay

JPlay
Reaction score
I have a lot of friends who play video games and I don't know one who plays video games on PC. Maybe it's a nerd thing, so we get down on XBox and PS2.

vince56

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
bratwurst said:
They better not doom pc gaming, because I'm not buying a console anytime soon. More like, I'm not buying a console. I'll stick with my PC.

I'm a big fan of PC gaming too, but if you take a realistic look at it, where's the bigger market? With a $300 system that will have hundreds of new games, or a $1500 computer that will have only a few new games every year?

The marketing engine is obviously behind the console market, especially now that for the first time the consoles will be able to do comparable graphics to PCs. I hope PC gaming doesn't end, and for MMORPGs and FPSs it won't. It's just a lot better to play FPS games with a mouse/keyboard than a clunky controller IMO.

bratwurst

Reaction score
I totally hear your cost argument for the avg home gamer.

Then again, I work with computers for a living. So in my case I'm always going to have a computer at home that I can play games on. I don't have any desire to go out and spend another $300 on a console, then have to pay for a second controller, whatever other accessories are a must have, etc.

It stinks in a way because there are a lot of games that I would like to play that won't come out on the pc though. NCAA titles from EA sports for instance.

Then again, there were games on the PC that you couldn't have played on the consoles in the past couple years that I think were amazing. Mafia for one, was a tremendous game. There isn't much of a mod scene on the consoles either I don't think? I could be wrong.

Plus, I think the GTA games are a lot better once they come out on the PC. The thing that sucks there is the wait. San Andreas just came out a month or so ago.