Magic @ Suns, 03/13/2011

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
This is by far the worst announcers to do a Suns game this year. These guys are idiots.:D

Gortat and Brooks are keeping us in this.

ninous26

Registered
Reaction score
Yeah you guys are right..

Now were playing better D, they're missing shots and free throws but now we aren't getting any calls or hitting anything. ****.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Man....Akim has really struggled in the starting role past 2 games. He had a fantastic game the other night but since has been horrible defending, shooting and holding on to the ball the last two games.

Vince....terrible.

Lopez....terrible.

Seriously, without Nash and Frye out there...the team has had to rely on some other guys and and has only highlighted how unrealiable the some of these guys really are.

Brooks has been a bright spot.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The Denver game, now the Magic, with upcoming games with Houston and the Hornets could spell lottery for the Suns. At best the Suns are a long shot for making the playoffs.

Gwindor

Rookie
Reaction score
OK, what is Lopez doing out there? If they try to come back to the game - put in Gortat. If they gave it up already - put in Siler...

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Siler is showing his limitations which are considerable.

Gwindor

Rookie
Reaction score
Personally i can't see why some of you guys saying that Siler can't step up as a 2nd C in case of trade involving Lopez... He may not be best mobile C, but against most other centers he shuld be fast enought. He fights for rebounds. He have PASSION for the game that i can't see in Lopez. He may not have J like Lopez, but it looks to me like he may be post up threat if he'll have a chance to play more minutes...

I will not write anything about tonight game, coz it was simply bad. Using kind words.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Personally i can't see why some of you guys saying that Siler can't step up as a 2nd C in case of trade involving Lopez... He may not be best mobile C, but against most other centers he should be fast enought. He fights for rebounds. He have PASSION for the game that i can't see in Lopez.
If it is determined that we will not make the playoffs (Nash hurting and Frye out), why in the world would we not give Lopez a rest and see what Siler can do as backup at Center? We'll never know based on two-minute exposures in garbage time (no matter how often that's happening now).

As bad as the ABC announcers were, they got one thing right, when they commented that Lopez vs. Howard at the start of the game put the Suns into a play-from-behind mode the rest of the way.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If it is determined that we will not make the playoffs (Nash hurting and Frye out), why in the world would we not give Lopez a rest and see what Siler can do as backup at Center? We'll never know based on two-minute exposures in garbage time (no matter how often that's happening now).

As bad as the ABC announcers were, they got one thing right, when they commented that Lopez vs. Howard at the start of the game put the Suns into a play-from-behind mode the rest of the way.

I'm wondering at what point in the season do the Suns start transitioning to lottery mode or will they fight to win every game at all cost. Personally, I want the Suns to rest Nash as much as needed and not bring Frye back early. IMO, the Suns need to start thinking about the future. I do not want them to give up, but they lack the talent and effort save for a few players, to be pushing for the playoffs. I'd rather for the Suns to play a regular rotation with healthy players and let water seek it's level.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think us losing by a lot whenever Nash is absent has more to do with the way the offense is build than his replacements having a bad game.

Our offense is build for Nash's strengths and covers up his weaknesses. We need to change that cause Nash ain't gonna be around forever. We gotta change it to where it doesn't depend on one single player that much. We don't have to go away from the fast offense but we have to make minor adjustments.

I don't think we can judge Brooks on whether or not he can be our future PG until that happens cause his stat line today really isn't that bad:

19 pts on 8-14 shooting, and 10 assists without a single turnover.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
I don't think we can judge Brooks on whether or not he can be our future PG until that happens cause his stat line today really isn't that bad:

19 pts on 8-14 shooting, and 10 assists without a single turnover.
I like Brooks, especially his coming close to being able to run Nash's system.

I just wish that, in the blowout vs. Orlando, he didn't get all 19 points in the first half (putting him right in the radar) and zero in the second half (because he was right in the radar), when the blowout mounted.

I don't remember how many of his 10 assists were in the first half. 'A little help, please.

jagu

#13 - Legendary
Reaction score
Hakim Warrick playing in the starting lineup will not yield us many victories.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I like Brooks, especially his coming close to being able to run Nash's system.

I just wish that, in the blowout vs. Orlando, he didn't get all 19 points in the first half (putting him right in the radar) and zero in the second half (because he was right in the radar), when the blowout mounted.

I don't remember how many of his 10 assists were in the first half. 'A little help, please.

He had 7 assists in the 1st half if I'm not mistaken. He would have finished the game with at least 15 assists had Warrick & Carter make their wide open shots.

I'm excited about Brooks. He has already impressed me while being only part of this team for just a month. Like the ABC announcers said, Brooks is capable of putting up 25-30 pts on most nights. The knock on him was his passing but that does not seem like a problemm ever since he came to PHX. He's made some amazing passes, only if our guys can finish.

BC867

Long time Phoenician!
Reaction score
Defensive, rebounding and fouls analysis

It is impossible, of course, to learn about one-on-one defensive stats in a game from the box score. Or to keep track over 48 minutes while watching the game.

I appreciate that AzCentral.com/The Arizona Republic kept track and reported the outcome from our loss to Orlando.

At the Center position, Dwight Howard made 4/5 shots vs. Lopez in Robin's 17 minutes. But he made only 5/12 vs. Gortat in Marcin's 28 minutes.

Siler played the final 3 minutes of garbage time and had 3 rebounds to Lopez's 4 in 17 minutes. Gortat did not have a good rebounding night, pulling down only 4. A total of only 11 from the Center position. Warrick led the team with 8.

Lopez picked up 4 fouls in his 17 minutes. Gortat picked up 2 fouls in his 28 minutes. That is an example of why I don't accept the excuse that it is better to let Lopez get the fouls at the beginning of the game.

All it shows is that Gortat plays better defense without fouling and Lopez plays worse defense and gets more fouls.

Alvin Gentry is slowly moving in the right direction, now starting Gortat in the 2nd, 3rd and 4th quarters, but sticking with Lopez to start the game and let the opposing Center establish his territory.

'Though you might like to see these stats.

I wonder if Gentry reads AzCentral.com.

http://www.azcentral.com/sports/sun.../20110313phoenix-suns-orlando-magic-game.html

AfroSuns

ASFN Lifer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
^^Interesting comment from the article.

"It's fine," Gortat said. "I'm on a different team. I'm a grown (expletive) man. I don't need him anymore. The first year, he helped me a lot."