Magic @ Suns 11-30-18

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Friday the Orlando Magic come to town to visit the Suns. The Suns are trying to break a three game losing streak while the Magic are trying to recover from recent losses to the Warriors and Trailblazers.

Ayton will get a chance to go up against another big center in Nikola Vucevic.

The game is scheduled to start at 7 p.m. Arizona time. It will be televised on FSAZ.

Here is a preview of the game from Duane Rankin at azcentral:

Outlook: Phoenix (4-17) is coming off a 116-99 road loss Wednesday against the Los Angeles Clippers, who outscored the Suns, 40-25, in the third quarter. … Orlando (10-12) has lost four of its last five, dropping the final two at Golden State, 116-110, and at Portland, 115-112. … Phoenix waived point guard Isaiah Canaan as he averaged 7.5 points and 3.3 assists in 19 games. … Nikola Vucevic leads the Magic in scoring (20.8 ppg.) and rebounding (11.1 rpg.). … Phoenix has lost six of its last seven games since beating San Antonio by 20 points. … Orlando will conclude its six-game road trip Tuesday at Miami. … The Suns recalled rookie point guard De’Anthony Melton on Thursday from their G League affiliate, Northern Arizona Suns. … Orlando’s second-leading scorer, Aaron Gordon, missed the Magic’s last game with lower back tightness and pain.

https://www.azcentral.com/story/spo...l-apart-second-half-loss-clippers/2144297002/

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Hopefully JJ has carry over from his performance against the Clippers. We are likely going to need that if we are going to have any real shot at winning this game.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
So. Which Deandre Ayton will show up at this game.

This one.
You must be registered for see images

Or this one.
You must be registered for see images attach

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Bleah. Jackson has been playing well off of the bench recently, by adopting the mindset that his minutes are limited and he should focus on being smart while he's on the floor. Now that all goes to hell. I would have preferred Bridges to get the start.

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Bleah. Jackson has been playing well off of the bench recently, by adopting the mindset that his minutes are limited and he should focus on being smart while he's on the floor. Now that all goes to hell. I would have preferred Bridges to get the start.

Bridges is already starting at SG. Booker, Bridges, Jackson, Ariza, Ayton. It has to be Jackson, Okobo, or Anderson.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I assume Bridges IS starting:

Booker
Bridges
Jackson
Ariza
Ayton

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
I’m not happy about it, but I’m calling this out: Ayton has a bad second game in a row tonight. That’s a big, long and athletic (at the two forward spots) frontline he’s going up against. I hope he proves me wrong and muscles through, but those are the tea leaves I’m reading . . .

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I’m not happy about it, but I’m calling this out: Ayton has a bad second game in a row tonight. That’s a big, long and athletic (at the two forward spots) frontline he’s going up against. I hope he proves me wrong and muscles through, but those are the tea leaves I’m reading . . .

Hopefully its not this Ayton who shows up. Maybe we can shame him into some aggressiveness.

View media item 150

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
On Aaron Gordon's availability.

Superbone

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Errntknght

Reaction score
It would be a good game to experiment with Holmes starting the game alongside Ayton... maybe he won't feel overwhelmed again. It's a lot better idea than starting JJ at PF but Igor doesn't seem to think along those lines yet. Heck, the way Holmes has been playing he's crying for more floor time, and the obvious place is our gaping hole at PF. I'd rather have a PF with no game at the 3pt line than JJ shooting them from there. If you must have some three point shooting let Ayton do it.

Superbone

Supporting Member
Reaction score

Errntknght

Reaction score
No Book... probably ought to start Crawford so Okobo deosn't feel under the gun. Never imagined I'd ever say that...

OP
OP
Mainstreet

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
From Kellan Olson.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Without Booker and Warren tonight and playing a solid defensive team would you guys take over or under 89.5 points? It's gonna be tough to get close to 100 tonight unless we have a few guys get hot from outside.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
No Book... probably ought to start Crawford so Okobo deosn't feel under the gun. Never imagined I'd ever say that...

Okobo doesn't seem like he's the type to be overwhelmed with the new role, or change, I think he'll be fine. If we started Crawford then we would have a lot less talent in our 2nd unit. Who on the bench would score other than Okobo? This won't be the last time Okobo starts either. It's good to give him a chance there. If plays well, similar to the last game, he might even earn a starting job.

We also called Melton back up recently, who I think will see some time. Maybe he surprises some of us. I'm not holding my breath but I'm glad he's back up on the main roster. After Canaan was waived I was surprised he wasn't called back immediately. He played in 1 more game down there.

He's averaged 17 ppg, 6.6 assists, and 7 rebounds in 5 G-League games this year. That's one thing I'll give the Suns credit for, using our G-League team with Okobo and Melton.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Okobo doesn't seem like he's the type to be overwhelmed with the new role, or change, I think he'll be fine. If we started Crawford then we would have a lot less talent in our 2nd unit. Who on the bench would score other than Okobo? This won't be the last time Okobo starts either. It's good to give him a chance there. If plays well, similar to the last game, he might even earn a starting job.

We also called Melton back up recently, who I think will see some time. Maybe he surprises some of us. I'm not holding my breath but I'm glad he's back up on the main roster. After Canaan was waived I was surprised he wasn't called back immediately. He played in 1 more game down there.

He's averaged 17 ppg, 6.6 assists, and 7 rebounds in 5 G-League games this year. That's one thing I'll give the Suns credit for, using our G-League team with Okobo and Melton.
In the 2 games that Okobo played in with NAZ he put up 18.5 points and 9 assists and they were the two best offensive performances for the team.