Manning says NO to Chargers

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
ESPN is reporting that the Manning FAMILY has requested that the Chargers not draft Eli & that Eli would like to play in NY.

vikesfan

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
ROTFLMAO

Players should not be able to get away with this kind of BS. Bad teams will never get better. INDI should have called Elway's bluff way back when!

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
PACardsFan said:
ESPN is reporting that the Manning FAMILY has requested that the Chargers not draft Eli & that Eli would like to play in NY.
That is b.s.

I am now glad that we don't have the first pick. What a joke.

ThunderCard

Reaction score
Wow !!! I have a weird feeling Gallery might be the first pick overall and the Chargers trade with someone else except the Giants. I wonder what the Raiders will do ??

ThunderCard

Reaction score
KingofCards said:
That is b.s.

I coud see it now. Peyton, and Archie up on stage saying they refuse there brother/son going to AZ, because they are a armpit. Seconds later they have close ups of Simeon saying I told you so.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
KingofCards said:
That is b.s.

i think this is BS as well, but at the same time lets no blow this out of proportion as well. They said that "they would like to play for NY", they didnt say "if you pick me I wont sign with you". I am on a wait and see stance on this.

jmt

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If that's true than screw Eli and I hope he is a big time bust. I always hated Elway and the Broncos after baby john refused to paly for the Colts. Just another example of what being a primo donna is all about.

ThunderCard

Reaction score
crushing blow for the chargers.

First they take forever to trade the pick so a deal could be placed together. Now no team is even offering anything close for a #1 overall in a great draft. Lastly the one person you think should go #1 overall does not want to play with you're team.

Where do you go from there ?? Draft him and see if he does not throw a grudge ? Draft him with the attitude he doesn't want to be on you're team ? Chargers are not looking to good in this situation.

Phill11

The Payphone Man
Reaction score
:lmao:

I'm tired of these athletes whining. Hell, I'd play on any team if I was physically capable. This is getting sick.

And I'm winning and Eli Manning Auto for $10.00! Looks like I'll be retracting that bid! :thumbup:

ThunderCard

Reaction score
jmt said:
If that's true than screw Eli and I hope he is a big time bust. I always hated Elway and the Broncos after baby john refused to paly for the Colts. Just another example of what being a primo donna is all about.

Also I wanted to add a " If it is true " . Where do these players get off telling the NFL teams where they are going to play. They should have smacked down Owens the first second he opened his mouth

seesred

Reaction score
I can't remember his name but we had the same situation with a QB that became a nothing in the league but would not play for us, all I rember is he was no Manning.

GBR

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
seesred said:
we had a QB that became a nothing in the league
This is every QB we have ever drafted....except McCown :)

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
vikesfan said:
ROTFLMAO

Players should not be able to get away with this kind of BS. Bad teams will never get better. INDI should have called Elway's bluff way back when!

Is Manning as good of a baseball player as Elway was?

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
seesred said:
I can't remember his name but we had the same situation with a QB that became a nothing in the league but would not play for us, all I rember is he was no Manning.

GBR
Kelly Stouffer.

You know of Kelly Stouffer's Allstate Agency.

Reaction score
seesred said:

GBR

Broadway Joe Namath

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
The Bolts should do whats good for their team. If they trade down with the Giants there isn't any guarantee that Gallery will be there @ 4. If they want Gallery they should take him at 1.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Seems to me that Eli does whatever his family tells him to. He went to Ole Miss just like his dad, where Peyton spurned them to go to a major school in Tennessee where he beat out Todd Helton as the QB. Eli sounds like a really daddy's boy where as Peyton is not

NickelBack

ASFN Lifer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
azdad1978 said:
If the story is true then I lost respect for the Manning family.

If this story is true, you need look no further than his agent.

seesred

Reaction score
Your both right Broadway Joe was drafted by the Cards and the then NY Titans he chose the money and went to NY. Kelly S on the other hand was I am bigger than the game smarts. He failed, Broadway Joe never failed and except for bad knees he might have been one of the greatest. He did star in one of the greatest Super bowls beating back the great Baltimore team. Babe Ruth and Joe both called their own shots.

GBR

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else think that maybe the Giants are pushing this tale? Kind of forcing SDs hand?

What do you guys think SD would get for the swap? Swap 1s and get a 2? Ike Hilliard?

A-Bomb

azdad1978

Championship!!!!
Reaction score
seesred said:
Your both right Broadway Joe was drafted by the Cards and the then NY Titans he chose the money and went to NY. Kelly S on the other hand was I am bigger than the game smarts. He failed, Broadway Joe never failed and except for bad knees he might have been one of the greatest. He did star in one of the greatest Super bowls beating back the great Baltimore team. Babe Ruth and Joe both called their own shots.

GBR

But it doesn't work that way. Kids don't call the shots. He's not even a FA for crying out loud!!! at least Elway has his baseball career as a leverage what does Eli has as leverage? His family name?