Manu "Monkey BUtt" Gifloppi

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
i cannot wait till someone goes for a career ending injury on that piece of s-word..

CaptainInsano

Reaction score
Stackhouse is definately dirty, but mostly selectively dirty.

That doesn't change the fact though, that manu threw the elbow first, and then stackhouse got pissed, dragged manu to the ground, and tried to go all ghetto beatdown on him.

Double dirty = double fouls called looks fair to me.

*edit: And you know what is really funny, when amare and boris left the bench and then turned right back around they were suspended even though they wouldn't have done anything. Yet, if nobody held stackhouse back I am 95% sure he would have decked ginobili, shouldn't that give you a one game suspension then also? Welcome to the nba, where rules come straight out of peoples anuses I guess...

Last edited:

Phade

Registered
Reaction score

That doesn't change the fact though, that manu threw the elbow first, and then stackhouse got pissed, dragged manu to the ground, and tried to go all ghetto beatdown on him.

*edit: And you know what is really funny, when amare and boris left the bench and then turned right back around they were suspended even though they wouldn't have done anything. Yet, if nobody held stackhouse back I am 95% sure he would have decked ginobili, shouldn't that give you a one game suspension then also? Welcome to the nba, where rules come straight out of peoples anuses I guess...

i cant wait till someone rips out sterns heart and eats it right in front of his children..

arwillan

The King
Reaction score

they didn't really turn right back around. amare went to go towards where the fight was but he had to be held back by the coaching staff.

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score
Hey, at the beginning of the year, wasnt the league talking about penalizing players who flopped?? What happened to these discussions.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I dislike Stack as much as Ginobili, but if you watch the play, but Ginobili clearly is trying to flop in Ginobili. He is the initiator and the driving force of the contact.

Spurs fans are delusional about this.

shazaam6

Censor this
Reaction score
The Pop Flop
It must be number one play the Spurs playbook.

I thought I saw Oberto flop but I couldn't remember where. Watch at the end where Amare gets a foul called on him.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OiMpWIlk8GE

Geez refs are stupid. I wonder how many times they would fall for the "pull my finger" gag before they would get it.

Flop Goes the Weasel the Spurs theme song
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4Gg4EPfHnJY&feature=related

I would pay money to have this played in the arena on the big screens after every Spurs flop.

Last edited:

YouJustGotSUNSD

Custom User Title!
Reaction score
The Pop Flop
It must be number one play the Spurs playbook.

I thought I saw Oberto flop but I couldn't remember where. Watch at the end where Amare gets a foul called on him.
http://youtube.com/watch?v=OiMpWIlk8GE

Geez refs are stupid. I wonder how many times they would fall for the "pull my finger" gag before they would get it.

Flop goes the weasel
http://youtube.com/watch?v=4Gg4EPfHnJY&feature=related

I would pay money to have this played in the arena on the big screens after every Spurs flop.
At first I was going to say 'damn you for picking the non-english speaking clip over the 1000 english copies.'

Then at about :32 in the clip the announcers' reactions made me spit my gum out laughing.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
You guys are making a great case at being objective. So Stackhouse pulled down Ginobili by the neck after what one of the announcers called a "good boxout", and all 3 announcers are saying that Stackhouse was the one in the wrong, but because it was a double foul, it was Ginobili's fault because he initiated contact? How do people in Phoenix box out? Without contact?

You guys really crack me up, just an unbelievable amount of bias. When Ginobili was also called for the foul, it was definitely the right call, but whenever the Spurs benefit from the call, it was because the refs were biased and the Spurs flop.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
You guys are making a great case at being objective. So Stackhouse pulled down Ginobili by the neck after what one of the announcers called a "good boxout", and all 3 announcers are saying that Stackhouse was the one in the wrong, but because it was a double foul, it was Ginobili's fault because he initiated contact? How do people in Phoenix box out? Without contact?

You guys really crack me up, just an unbelievable amount of bias. When Ginobili was also called for the foul, it was definitely the right call, but whenever the Spurs benefit from the call, it was because the refs were biased and the Spurs flop.
ambchang_, if it were the Grizzlies flopping, kicking, biting, etc, then no one here would care. The only reason some here care is that the SPURS ARE GOOD and have been our nemesis for a while now. Take it as a compliment and move on. You will never convince Suns fans that the Spurs are saints just like I will never convince Spurs fans that the Suns can play defense. Just let it go.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
ambchang_, if it were the Grizzlies flopping, kicking, biting, etc, then no one here would care. The only reason some here care is that the SPURS ARE GOOD and have been our nemesis for a while now. Take it as a compliment and move on. You will never convince Suns fans that the Spurs are saints just like I will never convince Spurs fans that the Suns can play defense. Just let it go.

I actually appreciate that someone here admits to it.
For the record, I am glad the Spurs have a reputation as this dirty team now, sure beats years of being called soft and a pretender in the 90's.
Funny thing is, the Suns are still a top team, I just find the obvious bias to be disturbing, but the failure the admit to bias to be astonishing.

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
I actually appreciate that someone here admits to it.
For the record, I am glad the Spurs have a reputation as this dirty team now, sure beats years of being called soft and a pretender in the 90's.
Funny thing is, the Suns are still a top team, I just find the obvious bias to be disturbing, but the failure the admit to bias to be astonishing.
Of course we are biased, as are you for the Spurs. It is expected - and even demanded at times - of fans, IMO.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score

Sorry, I call BS. San Antonio is known for it league-wide, and it isn't nearly just Suns fans that call them on it.

Oh, and we're not a good defensive team either, for the record.

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
the spurs fans themselves admit they like floppers they were just talking crap the other day how they wanted nocioni cause he was a good flopper..

ArizonaSportsFan

Hall of Famer
Reaction score
Sorry, I call BS. San Antonio is known for it league-wide, and it isn't nearly just Suns fans that call them on it.

Oh, and we're not a good defensive team either, for the record.
But would WE CARE about their flopping if SA wasn't good? Would we care if they hadn't taken care of us in two of the last three years? I did not say that they did not flop. I said we only care because they are who they are.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
You people act as though the Spurs are the only team in the league that flops. Newsflash: The Suns flop as well. Ginobili has a reputation as a flopper, but he hasn't flopped much the last two years. Horry and Oberto still flops, but there are players like that in every team.

You think Bell and Nash doesn't flop?
http://youtube.com/watch?v=Jd_oXDpngqQ
http://youtube.com/watch?v=8BjhfwVY_p8 (also have flops by players on the other team)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xNN9ZiH38fs&NR=1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6CplMELbi7o

Funny thing is, when I was trying to look up Manu flop, I found this:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wVdf9flv3sE&feature=related
The guy was bounced around 3 guys, Nuggets were called for a flagrant, and that was a flop?

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Yeah we know Raja & Nash occasionally flop. Raja's are usually with some pretty good contact though. He sets guys up for it by hounding them on defense and then they try to push him off of them to make a cut and he takes the hit and falls back to get the call. The difference is that he's actually getting hit and he doesn't do it on offense.

Nash really doesn't flop much. He might take a dive if he's going around a screen and the guy setting the screen sticks his hip or knee out into Nash (which is an illegal screen anyways) and he occasionally falls early when trying to take a charge. He falls to the ground a lot when going in for layups, but I don't think he's flopping there.....it's more a combination of his momentum + jumping in the air and getting hit by a big guy from behind that knocks him off balance. Nash needs to flop though because he gets fewer calls than any other all-star, all-nba, 2X MVP in league history.

Manu is the king of flops because he'll do it when there's no contact at all. It's like 2nd nature to him to throw his hair around whenever he shoots with a defender anywhere near him and then fall to the ground. What I hate about Manu the most is that he'll flop backwards and fall into opposing players.....maybe he didn't know someone was behind him, but it doesn't change the fact that he dove into Barbosa's leg & injured him for 20+ games a season or two ago. Oberto & Horry make me sick too. Oberto doesn't even try to play defense half the time against Amare because he knows he can't guard him 1-on-1 so he flops and hopes the refs call Amare for an offensive foul. It wouldn't bother me so much if the refs didn't fall for it over and over again. Same thing with Horry really.

Last edited:

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
But would WE CARE about their flopping if SA wasn't good? Would we care if they hadn't taken care of us in two of the last three years? I did not say that they did not flop. I said we only care because they are who they are.

Well, if they flopped but lost, we'd simply laugh at them. The fact is that they flop and get away with it. That's why we get upset about it, and why other teams do too, yeah. Is it the only reason they win? Of course not. Should they get away with it just because they're a good team? Absolutely not.

Reaction score
True that many other players flop. True that Nash and Bell flop. But most players flop to exaggerate contact initiated by an offensive player. Ginosebleed flops INTO players...then down onto the floor...then flops around for a bit to sell it...you know...like a hooked marlin.