Manu "Monkey BUtt" Gifloppi

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
True that many other players flop. True that Nash and Bell flop. But most players flop to exaggerate contact initiated by an offensive player. Ginosebleed flops INTO players...then down onto the floor...then flops around for a bit to sell it...you know...like a hooked marlin.

Contrary to what was said, I am having trouble finding Manu flopping with no contact on youtube. On the other hand, I found a few staring Raja Bell.

Reaction score
Contrary to what was said, I am having trouble finding Manu flopping with no contact on youtube. On the other hand, I found a few staring Raja Bell.

Where do it say "no contact" eh? What da youtube is goin' on here? Is da youtube da nbatube? No?

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Both flops, in fact, all 30 teams flops. Usually older teams flops better because their years of experience have allowed them to pick up tendancies of certain referees.

I am not sure what is meant by who flops better. It really depends. But if you look at charges drawn, Raja Bell is at the top of the league a few years running, Ginobili on the other hand isn't.

Horry and Oberto are really pretty good floppers, but they play relatively insigificant roles with less minutes. Bell isn't bad, and Nash is pretty good as well.

On the other hand, Parker gets an incredibly few amount of FTs based on how frequently he drives into the lane, and Duncan is shooting career lows in FTAs this year, so that tells you how weak they are at flopping. Shaq flops once in a while more to entertain himself, he doesn't really do it much, Amare Stoudemire doesn't have the mental capacity to understand the benefits of flopping, same could be said for Barbosa. Hill is pretty good at drawing contact, but I don't really see him as much of a flopper. The Suns don't play their bench, so any flopping that is done their is insignificant.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
Of course, back to the topic of this post, I can't understand how supposedly objective, totally free of bias Suns fans can somehow call what Ginobili did a flop. The man boxed out, had someone pull on his neck and back about 10 feet, but he was at fault? All the while this whole board was up in arms complaining about the Billups "charge" of last night's game. Really objective guys.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Of course, back to the topic of this post, I can't understand how supposedly objective, totally free of bias Suns fans can somehow call what Ginobili did a flop. The man boxed out, had someone pull on his neck and back about 10 feet, but he was at fault? All the while this whole board was up in arms complaining about the Billups "charge" of last night's game. Really objective guys.

Once again....:deadhorse:.

:bigyawn:

TJ

Frank Kaminsky is my Hero.
Reaction score

:ban:

Phade

Registered
Reaction score
3rd for a ban.. i guarantee if you research his posts you will see his 'objective' crap like 300 times..

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What bothers me most about Manu's antics is that he's a really good player and doesn't need to be doing that kind of crap. Horry and Bowen are 1 trick ponies so they need to cheat to get an advantage, Manu is too talented to lower himself to that level. It cheapens the rest of his game.

ambchang_

Registered
Reaction score
His posting is getting ridiculous and is obviously trying to incite Suns fans. I 2nd a Ban is in order.

Ban? Why? What was wrong with what I said?
Some posters here are not being objective, and I called them out. What is wrong with that?

What is this going to be again? That Ginobili so obviously flopped that anybody who felt otherwise is stupid/a homer/********? I can forsee another 35 pages of "arguments" from you guys rambling about nothing and every thing all at once.

Wake up guys, the league LOVE the Suns, absolutely loves them. Just because you don't get every single call doesn't go your way, and the league does not bend over its rules to accomodate you guys, and doesn't call everything against your arch-nemesis the Spurs doesn't mean that they are out to get you.

EDIT: BTW, I didn't realize that anything that does not alight iwth your views is ridiculous. What was so ridiculous about what I wrote? That Stackhouse did indeed pull Ginobili on his neck? That he did in fact box out? I don't have a problem with a double call, because unlike you guys, I can actually see my favourite team's players committing fouls (box out elbow too high). If anything, you insisting that the whole incident is the sole responsibility of Ginobili is what is ridiculous.

Last edited:

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ban? Why? What was wrong with what I said?
Some posters here are not being objective, and I called them out. What is wrong with that?

What is this going to be again? That Ginobili so obviously flopped that anybody who felt otherwise is stupid/a homer/********? I can forsee another 35 pages of "arguments" from you guys rambling about nothing and every thing all at once.

Wake up guys, the league LOVE the Suns, absolutely loves them. Just because you don't get every single call doesn't go your way, and the league does not bend over its rules to accomodate you guys, and doesn't call everything against your arch-nemesis the Spurs doesn't mean that they are out to get you.

EDIT: BTW, I didn't realize that anything that does not alight iwth your views is ridiculous. What was so ridiculous about what I wrote? That Stackhouse did indeed pull Ginobili on his neck? That he did in fact box out? I don't have a problem with a double call, because unlike you guys, I can actually see my favourite team's players committing fouls (box out elbow too high). If anything, you insisting that the whole incident is the sole responsibility of Ginobili is what is ridiculous.

The few times I have seen it, it looks like a good double foul. No one can see what happened, or if Ginobili is holding Stackhouse at all. Their backs are to the play. That push on the face that Stack did, is exactly the same thing that Bowen did to Chris Paul a couple of weeks ago. Glad at least a technical was called for that.

justAndy

Jolly Nihilist
Reaction score
I still think Ginobiflopili needs chiclets knocked out in retaliation for that flop that injured Barbosa a couple years ago.
That is soccer nonsense and does not belong in NBA basketball.
If the league office had any integrity they would clamp down on that junk - don't they watch film?

Ishta

Reaction score
I still think Ginobiflopili needs chiclets knocked out in retaliation for that flop that injured Barbosa a couple years ago.
That is soccer nonsense and does not belong in NBA basketball.
If the league office had any integrity they would clamp down on that junk - don't they watch film?

Yes they do...Obviously they do not agree with your assessment.:)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05