Marc Bulger?

BigDavis75

Making a Comeback
Reaction score
I would be all for picking up Bulger on a one or two year deal, I've always liked him and it would certainly be interesting to see what he could do with real talent for the first time in what three years?

TheHopToad

Россия отстой!
Reaction score
I just can't shake this overwhelming feeling that Leinart is simply a bust and will never prove to be NFL-caliber/starter material...
Man I hope I'm wrong... but I just don't see it. Not one bit.

And as you and Shane have point out, rightfully so, Leinart hasn't done enough to say "No question, he's the guy." But IMO he also hasn't been so horrible as to say he will never be any good. I think that he's got enough talent to be better than Trent Dilfer, who won a Super Bowl because he was surrounded by a good team.

I agree with that without question. The talent is there. IMO its all mental with matt.
I pretty much agreee here. However, lately the only Leinart we have seen is the one that has to step in at the last minute when Kurt is injured or the one in garbage time. I'm still holding out hope that if he is the named starter and the preparation, practice reps, and game planning are all oriented around him full time, with Whiz' endorsement and motivation I think he can gain the mental attitude and game rythm he will need to succeed.

Matt has shown flashes enough that I'd like to see what he has when he's given a full playbook developed just for him.

English on tour

Eng-gur-land Eng-gur-land
Reaction score
If Bulger IS a Card by next season i leave this board forever :)

I think Matt gets his shot but if we can pick someone up in the in the second, third round then great.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I pretty much agreee here. However, lately the only Leinart we have seen is the one that has to step in at the last minute when Kurt is injured or the one in garbage time. I'm still holding out hope that if he is the named starter and the preparation, practice reps, and game planning are all oriented around him full time, with Whiz' endorsement and motivation I think he can gain the mental attitude and game rythm he will need to succeed.

Matt has shown flashes enough that I'd like to see what he has when he's given a full playbook developed just for him.

We have seen all of that under Whiz and he failed miserably. Thats why no confidence that he can do it again.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We have seen all of that under Whiz and he failed miserably. Thats why no confidence that he can do it again.

Matt played well in the Titans game. If we're talking about what he can do as a starter than obviously the best game to judge him on is the only game that he started this year.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matt played well in the Titans game. If we're talking about what he can do as a starter than obviously the best game to judge him on is the only game that he started this year.

Matt Played Mediocre in the Titans game. He wasnt really good and he wasnt really bad. I don't think 21-31 for 220 yards zero TD's with our group of WR's and perfect weather is "playing well" even on the road.

He obviously didn't play well enough to win. I don't think expecting a TD pass or two our of him in that situation would be asking to much.

If that's what we are judging him on I would say we still don't know what we have.

DS_Whit

Rookie
Reaction score
:biglaugh:

Come on, is this the joke of the day?:mulli:

How is that anymore of a joke then a washed up, broken Marc Bulger? You guys are out of your mind to think that he would even be a suitable option. Give Rod Graves some credit, he is a lot smarter then any of you. There are far better free agents out there. If the Cardinals go with Bulger, they will be settling for mediocrity.

Last edited:

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How is that anymore of a joke then a washed up, broken Marc Bulger? You guys are out of your mind to think that he would even be a suitable option. Give Rod Graves some credit, he is a lot smarter then any of you. There are far better free agents out there. If the Cardinals go with Bulger, they will be settling for mediocrity. ******!

Paging Rugby: Now that is an abrasive post! :)

I would dare to even say BAN worthy. :banned:

OP
OP
Totally_Red

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

Respectively disagree. I think we can also judge him on the Green Bay game, and he was not at all sharp in that game when there was a good possibility he'd play and he got practice reps. But I will also say that the entire team was not sharp in that game.

Any true judgement on Matt will have to wait till next season if Kurt retires IMO.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Respectively disagree. I think we can also judge him on the Green Bay game, and he was not at all sharp in that game when there was a good possibility he'd play and he got practice reps. But I will also say that the entire team was not sharp in that game.

Any true judgement on Matt will have to wait till next season if Kurt retires IMO.

Right now the only true judgement we have of Matt was when he was GIVEN the starting job under Whis and given an entire training camp and pre season to take the job and run with it. In that capacity he failed and failed badly.

That was the 2nd year in the system so its not like we can argue that it was a continuity issue.

Looks like he may have that same opportunity this coming season. Based on past results in that situation and his spot duty lately having confidence in him is hard.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matt Played Mediocre in the Titans game. He wasnt really good and he wasnt really bad. I don't think 21-31 for 220 yards zero TD's with our group of WR's and perfect weather is "playing well" even on the road.

He obviously didn't play well enough to win. I don't think expecting a TD pass or two our of him in that situation would be asking to much.

If that's what we are judging him on I would say we still don't know what we have.

His numbers for that game are right in line with Kurt's average's for the season.

Matt 21/31 68%
Kurt 22.6/34.2 66%

Matt 220 yards
Kurt 250 ypg

Matt 7.1 ypa
Kurt 7.3 ypa

The only real variant is that Matt had neither a TD or INT. As far as scoring he led the offense on an 80 yard scoring drive that was capped off by a short Hightower run. ML doesn't get credit for that on the stat sheet but he did lead the team all the way down the field. Most importantly his team was ahead the last time he left the field. You can't blame him for the defense allowing the Titans to go 99 yards for a TD on the final possession.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
His numbers for that game are right in line with Kurt's average's for the season.

Matt 21/31 68%
Kurt 22.6/34.2 66%

Matt 220 yards
Kurt 250 ypg

Matt 7.1 ypa
Kurt 7.3 ypa

The only real variant is that Matt had neither a TD or INT. As far as scoring he led the offense on an 80 yard scoring drive that was capped off by a short Hightower run. ML doesn't get credit for that on the stat sheet but he did lead the team all the way down the field. Most importantly his team was ahead the last time he left the field. You can't blame him for the defense allowing the Titans to go 99 yards for a TD on the final possession.

I know exactly what the #'s are and they don't change the confidence level in Matt one bit.

Assface

Like a boss
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Right now the only true judgement we have of Matt was when he was GIVEN the starting job under Whis and given an entire training camp and pre season to take the job and run with it. In that capacity he failed and failed badly.

That was the 2nd year in the system so its not like we can argue that it was a continuity issue.

Looks like he may have that same opportunity this coming season. Based on past results in that situation and his spot duty lately having confidence in him is hard.

Matt failed badly last year because he lost out to a guy who went on to have one of the best years of his soon to be HOF career? Because of that Oakland game the perception is that Matt just stunk it up the whole time but his other 3 preseason games resulted in some pretty impressive numbers. I don't see how people can blame him for not beating out someone who was almost perfect.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
We can all point out why/why not Leinart will fail/succeed as the starting QB if Kurt retires before the season. All we really know is that he will get 1 season to prove he can or cant

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Matt failed badly last year because he lost out to a guy who went on to have one of the best years of his soon to be HOF career? Because of that Oakland game the perception is that Matt just stunk it up the whole time but his other 3 preseason games resulted in some pretty impressive numbers. I don't see how people can blame him for not beating out someone who was almost perfect.

But Matt didnt need to be perfect or Warneresque to beat out Kurt last year.

Kurt was far from perfect in TC that year or in pre season. There was much debate on here that when Whiz named Kurt the starter that he was making a huge mistake. Nobody not even Whiz could foresee what kind of year Kurt was gonna have.

All he had to do was not turn the ball over and manage the game and he would have been the starter come opening day. yet he couldn't even do that in pre season against a terrible team. He wilted and wilted badly. That's why to me its not a question of Matt's talent its all mental with him.

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
And as you and Shane have point out, rightfully so, Leinart hasn't done enough to say "No question, he's the guy." But IMO he also hasn't been so horrible as to say he will never be any good. I think that he's got enough talent to be better than Trent Dilfer, who won a Super Bowl because he was surrounded by a good team.

If the Cards were being compared defensively to the 2000 Ravens or the 85 Bears, I would imagine feeling a little more comfortable with Leinart. :D

WarnerHOF

Registered
Reaction score
Chad Pennington on a cheap deal would be a much better option imo.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05