Marcellus Wiley

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Somebody posted here last week that he signed with Seattle.....he is still a free agent. IMO, he would be a nice consolation prize to Eric Hicks....

BHICH

jrjbritt

Registered
Reaction score
I dont think so.. We have plenty of DE's on this team and I honest beleive that with new coaching and conditioning progam.. two of them will drastically improve.. I think Pace and Johnson will kick ass this year.. I can see one of them actually getting doulbe-digit sacks this year along with Berry.

Go CArds

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
Originally posted by jrjbritt
I dont think so.. We have plenty of DE's on this team and I honest beleive that with new coaching and conditioning progam.. two of them will drastically improve.. I think Pace and Johnson will kick ass this year.. I can see one of them actually getting doulbe-digit sacks this year along with Berry.

Go CArds

Nice enthusiasm.But let's not go overboard.Let's start by getting at least 5 sacks before calling for double digits.I think the DL will be better just by the removal of JOe Greene.You're right ,how many DE's are we going to carry.Berry,Pace,Johnson,Wakefield, KVB, and King(although he'll play DT also) make 6.I thought Wakefiled would be a cut posibility until Green said he was the starter.I still think that was a motivational ploy to get Johnson's ass in gear.

Jttsaz

#40 Never Forget
Reaction score
Originally posted by Ryanwb
Somebody posted here last week that he signed with Seattle.....he is still a free agent. IMO, he would be a nice consolation prize to Eric Hicks....

BHICH
Cowboys | Wiley Update - from www.KFFL.com
Tue, 9 Mar 2004 20:10:28 -0800

Updating a previous report, according to Nick Eatman of DallasCowboys.com, the Dallas Cowboys will have free agent DE Marcellus Wiley (Chargers) in for a visit Wednesday, March 10.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
That was me Ryan. I was riding in the car and ESPN radio reported that it was a done deal.

I asked if anyone had heard that or if tehy could confirm and nobody could.

I agree though he would be a good P/U.

CUT WAKEFIELD!

seesred

Reaction score
Don't forget Coach said he has something up his sleeve and that is still coming. Is it a big trade? Is it a big free agent? Is it in the draft it self? Pnly DG knows and when it happens the NFL and ESPN will be watching!

GBR

Cardinals.Ken

That's Mr. Riff-Raff to you!
Reaction score
Cbus, of all the photos of Anthony Clement you could of chosen for an avatar, why pick THAT one?

DevonCardsFan

BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I would rather have Wiley then Hicks or any DE on this team, I would be completely stoked if the Cards were to sign Wiley

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by DevonCardsFan
I would rather have Wiley then Hicks or any DE on this team, I would be completely stoked if the Cards were to sign Wiley

Hey if we trade down we could get Udeze!

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by DevonCardsFan
I really don't want Udeze, I'd rather us go after a RB instead of Udeze.

I don't really want him either. Actually I just wanted to see you go on a four state shooting spree at the mention of trading down.
Cheap entertainment really.

But, as long as we're talking, I'd take Jackson over Udeze any day.

spanky1

Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
I don't really want him either. Actually I just wanted to see you go on a four state shooting spree at the mention of trading down.
Cheap entertainment really.

But, as long as we're talking, I'd take Jackson over Udeze any day.

Do you mean Stephen Jackson.......that talented RB from Oregon State? You don't really want him do you?:beer:

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
Originally posted by spanky1
Do you mean Stephen Jackson.......that talented RB from Oregon State? You don't really want him do you?:beer:

Did somebody mention the best back in the draft? One that we can actually trade DOWN to get??
Genius I tell ya. Pure genius.

NeverSayDieFan

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
F. Wakefield

OK--so the guys' not a speed-rusher. I have NEVER seen a game where the guy wasn't giving it his all. Not good enough, you say?? I say, let's see if this new defensive "scheme" brings out his best. Ya know, I "graded" last years' draft an F-. NOW I'm reading comments from "expert" football people that are grading it a B. A B?!? That's quite a bit higher than an F-. Point is, I was WRONG!! So, let's see what happens w/ F. Wakefield. He may "surprise" us all. ...And wouldn't that be a shame. NOT!! GO CARDS!!

Snakester

Draft Man
Reaction score
Re: F. Wakefield

Originally posted by NeverSayDieFan
OK--so the guys' not a speed-rusher. I have NEVER seen a game where the guy wasn't giving it his all. Not good enough, you say?? I say, let's see if this new defensive "scheme" brings out his best. Ya know, I "graded" last years' draft an F-. NOW I'm reading comments from "expert" football people that are grading it a B. A B?!? That's quite a bit higher than an F-. Point is, I was WRONG!! So, let's see what happens w/ F. Wakefield. He may "surprise" us all. ...And wouldn't that be a shame. NOT!! GO CARDS!!

I don't think many if anyone on this board would disagree with you about Wakefield trying hard. He just has not shown enough passrush ability at DE. He does on the other hand look decent as a passrushing DT. He does have great size, he just needs more speed and passrush moves.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05