mark cuban sheds light on the new ball

Errntknght

Reaction score
nowagimp, "Your dictionary definition of elastomer is so terse as not to have obvious information."

I looked it up in a couple of encyclopedias, too, and they had much longer descriptions which said about the same thing - they all made the rubber comparison. What puzzles me is why you, with the expertise you claim, referred to memory foam and nerf balls as being elastomers. I figured you knew what you were talking about but I looked the word up and, lo and behold, you were dead wrong. I was just stunned! As far as the actual definition goes, I do have an advantage - I grew up playing with all sorts of rubber items so the definitions make sense to me.

"Memory foam is actually a viscoelastic polymer, not an elastic one, the viscous part actually makes it less elastic, its a bad example of an elastomer"

So I found out when I read the definition - so bad that its not an elastomer at all. Why you introduced the term is beyond me. We all know what memory foam is and that it's and example of something thats elastic but doesn't bounce worth a darn.

"and gold pros are not especially knowledgable in classical physics, they're parrots of the engineers that design the clubs/balls"

You mean there are golf pros that talk like that... I thought I was making a joke.

"I just assumed you knew more than you did, my bad."

Yeah, I did the same thing but then I looked in the dictionary and discovered my mistake in time.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05