Mark Grace as Announcer Thread

ArizonaLacky

YoungGun
Reaction score
Mark Grace,
A man never with out a stupid comment. As i watch the ball game, i wonder if mark grace thinks about what comes out of his mouth. Today he was talkin about one of the phillies who was from philly, and he makes a reference that implies every on in philly calls each other homie. And he uses spanish to make jokes, and its bad spanish at that.

Attachments

• grace.jpg
    grace.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 221

AZZenny

Reaction score
He said something else today which at the moment escapes me, but it definitely bordered on crude (and I am not easily offended), and I thought, "Wow! The impulse control of a goat!" :D

Cland

Veteran
Reaction score
None of that stuff surprises me. But I have been surprised by the amount of times Thom has had to explain things to him about the game or correct him. And I keep thinking that this is the guy whose going to replace Brenly??

minercon

Registered
Reaction score
Grace is WAY TO IMMATURE to replace Brenley. At least Brenley doesn't act like a high school jackass.

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mark Grace has been my favorite player since 1989, but his skills as an announcer are very bad. You can easily tell that he is censoring himself with every comment to keep from dropping f-bombs or making off-color remarks.

Grace will not replace Brenly, Robin Yount will.

A-Bomb

moviebuff316

Registered
Reaction score

I think Mark Grace is funny...Lets hire the commentators from ESPN and fall asleep. Or better yet lets hire Ben Stein.

Freddie

Registered
Reaction score
The funniest thing I've heard from Grace is when Baerga hit the home run against the Phillies, Grace said "Muy Bueno".

AZZenny

Reaction score
Radio call-up

Sidewinders announcer Brett Dolan will be making the first of three trips to the big leagues tonight when he fills in with the Montreal Expos' radio team.

Dolan will call tonight, Saturday and Sunday for the Expos at Bank One Ballpark against the D'backs. He also will work three games in June in Kansas City and three in August at Colorado.

It is Dolan's second year with the Expos in that capacity. He also missed three Sidewinders games May 1-3 when he was in Salisbury, N.C., to attend a banquet where he received an award for the Arizona Sportscaster of the Year.

I know I get teased for wanting to replace half the organization, from GM on down, with Minor League staff and players, but really - the Sidewinders' announcers are excellent - their duo is SO much easier to listen to than our radio team. We'd be nuts to let the Expos/Mexpos grab him out from under us.

sunsfn

Reaction score
I post on the suns board most of the time, but come here and read the posts.

I wanted to see if there was a post on Mark Grace, damn he is bad!
:barf:

I shut the game off the other night so I did not have to listen to him.

I plan on calling the D-backs tomorrow later in the day and complain about him.

:soapbox: