marylands uniforms

jerseyred

Rookie
Reaction score
Did anybody see the maryland vs Miami gamé on espn how horrific marylands uniforms are , they look like the covers the knights used to put on there horses in midevil times

wilycoyote24

All Star
Reaction score
Everyone is saying how horribly ugly they are. However, I don't really agree. Don't misunderstand, they aren't attractive, but everyone is talking about them like they are the ugliest uniforms in sports. Personally, teams with gradient helmets (such as below) are worse.

http://withmalice.files.wordpress.com/2007/09/san-diego-state.jpg

Or this (but not because of a gradient effect)...

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-dvQfltsiqtE/TaXhp3tb3KI/AAAAAAAACWE/QEJYYXQ-YE4/s1600/ASU%2B01.JPG

Also, you could see one of these Maryland uniforms from a mile away and know which team it is. There is something to be said for unique uniforms (unless they are really ridiculous like http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2010/0114/pg2_e_kurtwarner12_576.jpg).

Last edited:

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
They're awesome. Apparently you have to be a Marylander to appreciate them, because we are all digging the new unis. I just got a crab with some lacrosse sticks with the state flag in it and lacrosse sticks in the claws drawn up for a tattoo on my ribcage and it almost looks like the helmet lol.

Buckybird

Hoist the Lombardi Trophy
Reaction score
Everyone is saying how horribly ugly they are. However, I don't really agree. Don't misunderstand, they aren't attractive, but everyone is talking about them like they are the ugliest uniforms in sports. Personally, teams with gradient helmets (such as below) are worse.

:mulli:

They're awesome. Apparently you have to be a Marylander to appreciate them, because we are all digging the new unis. I just got a crab with some lacrosse sticks with the state flag in it and lacrosse sticks in the claws drawn up for a tattoo on my ribcage and it almost looks like the helmet lol.

:mulli:

You guys are nuts :D

2 differant sides & logos on a helmet? As Keyshawn would say "Come 'on Man". Seriously...the most horrible things I've ever seen including the UFL uni's...someone from the NCAA needs to step in & stop the uniform madness!!!

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
pic of maryland uniforms? that ASU uniform link is awesome.

earthsci

That Rapscallion!!
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
:flaggeekalert:

I think that they look pretty cool. Better than an "M" with a happy turtle hanging off of it.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score
Those are horrible. Splitting the helmet might have been interesting if it had been subtle, but that is just atrocious.

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
One side of it looks like they are a crash test dummy with the black and yellow. Or a cab company.

What a trainwreck!

Last edited:

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
Sheesh!!!! It makes your eyes go funny.

Maybe it's supposed to distract the other team.

How about Georgia? Is this a replacement or an alternate? If replacement, they screwed up one of the best traditional uniforms in college football.

You must be registered for see images

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
I've seen the backside of donkeys that looked better than the Maryland uniforms. Whoever approved them must have been dropping acid at the time of approval. They would be better off wearing flour sacks.

Kel Varnsen

Supporting Member
Moderator Emeritus
Reaction score

How about Georgia? Is this a replacement or an alternate? If replacement, they screwed up one of the best traditional uniforms in college football.

It's like the NCAAFL now. Just makes me that much happier that the NFL didn't lock out.

Pretty cool how they got a guy named Georgia to play for them, though. :p

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
It's like the designer photoshopped two uni's together, for ease of comparison and the following occurred:

"For your approval Sir, do you like the left? or the right?

"I like it just how it is currently"

"You don't understand Sir, this is just for a comparison"

"Hey buddy!, I write the checks around here!"

"umm, ok"

kps0001

Warriors Come Out And Plaaaay!
Reaction score
Those Marlyand uni's are ridiculous and by ridiculous I really mean hideous.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, there is righty and then there is lefty. And each side thinks differently. :D

Actually the uniforms remind me of a video card going bad.

Capital Card

The Kobayashi of Kool-Aid
Reaction score

I spent 2 years at ASU, and I have a degree from Maryland....

The ASU change has grown on me. In fact, I ordered a new jersey after watching the UCDavis game. Should be here in time for the Mizzou game this Thursday.

I'll NEVER like the new Terp design. "Fear the Turtle"... Not with those uni's.

Go Cards!!!

Last edited:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It's like the designer photoshopped two uni's together, for ease of comparison and the following occurred:

"For your approval Sir, do you like the left? or the right?

"I like it just how it is currently"

"You don't understand Sir, this is just for a comparison"

"Hey buddy!, I write the checks around here!"

"umm, ok"

ha... seriously.

those are beyond hilariously atrocious.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Well, there is righty and then there is lefty. And each side thinks differently. :D

Actually the uniforms remind me of a video card going bad.
Fetching.

If I ever took a tab of LSD, I guess that's what the world would look like.

Last edited:

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Under Armour will be the company who will force the NCAA to regulate uniforms more strictly and end up costing teams more in uniform money when companies can no longer use the constant uniform changes as advertising and reduce sponsorhsip $$$.

OP
OP
J

jerseyred

Rookie
Reaction score

Those are bad they look like somthing a romulin from startrack would wear