Maverick Fans cannot take criticizm

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Not really, the Mavs humilliation wasn't even close.

Last year the Suns won only 54 games, lacked Amare and KT and the Lakers were very hot near the end of the season. Still, the Suns had on game stolen by the refs (refused to accept Nash's attempt to call a time-out while two Lakers were beating him senseless). It would have been disappointing, but the Suns were not being humiliated even in their losses.

Now this year, losing to the Lakers would have been humiliating.

frdbtr

Registered
Reaction score
Why just extend the award to first round? Why not 2nd, finals, etc.?

I think Dirk really had an awesome season and deserve the award. I don't have any problem with it.

I thoroughly enjoyed Mavs elimination from playoffs and crap Dirk has been getting, but the MVP is for regular season and Dirk had a phenomenal season.

You are right, the MVP is for the regular season. This happens every year, someone wins the MVP and then everyone else calls it illegit because this person's team may or may not do well in the playoffs. The NBA has a regular season MVP award and an Finals MVP award, the Finals MVP award is for the playoffs.

island_dude

Reaction score
For the record Dallas-Mavs.com isn't the best board. I think dallasbasketball.com is much better. You won't be banned there for having a different opinion, in fact there's a suns fan who posts there quite regularly.

azirish

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
In any case, trolling is trolling and if I don't want it here, I wouldn't suggest doing it there.

Obviously the Dirk as MVP is going to be a sore point for them. It's tainted and they know its tainted so there isn't much to discuss. If I was interested (and I'm not really), I'd be more interested in whether they think Cuban will blow the team up.

IMHO, Dirk, Howard and Diop are the only guys who won't be on the block.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
IMHO, Dirk, Howard and Diop are the only guys who won't be on the block.

Um, the only problem there is that Jason Terry would be the only other guy with any kind of marginal trade value to get a high-level player.

I think Howard becomes a major trade possibility, especially if it gets them a Jason Kidd or someone of that caliber.

Greg Popovich

Registered
Reaction score
How would a moderator for this website react if the Suns lose and a Spurs fan came on the following week and criticized Coach D and the rest of the team?

I think the fan would get banned.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
How would a moderator for this website react if the Suns lose and a Spurs fan came on the following week and criticized Coach D and the rest of the team?

I think the fan would get banned.

you'd be right.

Steel Sun

I hate John Paxson
Reaction score
They didn't give j-school graduates AP Style Guides until the early 80s. Before then, the following items were included in the graduation package for future sports reporters:

- A flask
- A fifth of bourbon, usually of the Kentucky variety
- Number to editor's bookie
- A sweater vest, preferably a dull color and a little stale
- Address to this man's barber
- Bartlett's Guide to War Metaphors (just for Chaplin) ;)

The above image was one of the reasons I got into sports journalism. I thought I was going to be Oscar from The Odd Couple. I had no idea of the shifting culture until I was already working. In the post-Jim Murray world, (most) every sports reporter is looking for the big controversy that will land them the job as a pretentious Sports Illustrated prick -- or at least a few spots as the biggest gas bag on the next pointless ESPN talk show.

If you've ever watched the unbearable preening and PC vernacular passed off as sports journalism on HBO's Real Sports with Bryant Gumbel, this is seen in all of sports journalism as ideal. It's one of the reasons I had to get out of the biz.

good stuff Gad

Lorenzo

Reaction score
So last night, I posted on the Mavs board about Dirk receiving MVP. I said he was the worst MVP ever, but that he did somewhat deserve it. I said that for the most part, I felt he deserved it for the regular season, and that the voting for MVP should be extended to the first round of the playoffs, because if it had, he would have had no chance to win it. And guess what? I am now banned FOREVER. Haha thought maybe some of you would get a kick out of how sensitive the Mavs fans are, and how funny it is that they can dish it out - but they certainly can't take it.

Rant over.
I'll be the first one to admit my mavs ties kept me off of here for a while. It was aweful watching them fall to GS. I also know that if the MVP voting were extended to the playoffs that dirk clearly would not have won. If that were the case it would appear that TD is the current winner. but that's why they have the finals mvp i guess. as a mavs fan i would love to see a real trophy. but i'm happy for dirk. given the recent reaction by suns fans to outsiders coming on here......i'd say you see why mavs fans probably had a negative reaction on that board.

Lorenzo

Reaction score
Um, the only problem there is that Jason Terry would be the only other guy with any kind of marginal trade value to get a high-level player.

I think Howard becomes a major trade possibility, especially if it gets them a Jason Kidd or someone of that caliber.
i doubt they would trade howard. but ur right. I don't know what they will do, but they need to do something. dampier was useless in the playoffs. I think it was said before by someone that you can't change your approach come playoff time. and we couldn't play dampier in the playoffs either for that reason.....or his sholder is as tough as a dixie plate. It's funny....if you go back to that awesome OT game with phoenix it looked like dampier could be a force. from then on it was all downhill for him.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05