McCown Looked Good

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
McCown looked OKAY tonight in the game. He made a few mistakes, but I add it up to first game gitters.

I have faith that Green made a good decision. McCown is going to have to step it up in the next few games, but he will be okay.

Lenny_Biscuit

Rookie
Reaction score
McCown looked horrible. I don't know if he is gun shiy with all the turnovers the last few years but..... throw the f'n ball.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
The guy had very limited protection. But seemed not to go through his progressions.

OP
OP
SouthNZoneFan

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
He is going to be fine. Just needs some more time under his belt. I like that he can take a hit like an old boxer and get back up.

Lenny_Biscuit

Rookie
Reaction score
I am a big fan of Josh, but let your arm go son! Maybe it is lack of receivers but Josh had plenty of protection tonight. Qudos to the O-Line. Iam encouraged.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McCown was disappointing. The oline was not any worse than last year, but McCown didn't look to his second wideout nearly enough when the first guy was covered. He'd get happy feet and turn his eyes towards the rush. His play was the most worrisome part of this game.

football24/7

Registered
Reaction score
Josh was Ok, nothing more or less. Held the ball to long, the wr's did not get open, and the o-line is still a question mark. Other than that, no worries!!

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
football24/7 said:
Josh was Ok, nothing more or less. Held the ball to long, the wr's did not get open, and the o-line is still a question mark. Other than that, no worries!!

:eek:

Lenny_Biscuit

Rookie
Reaction score
ajcardfan, I couldn't agree more with you. Come on Josh, let the hands go and throw the ball. We aren't going to win with your legs. I am a big Josh fan. I think he is going to be something special, but he needs to let the hands go and throw the ball.

Redsz

We do this together
Reaction score
Since the WR's weren't getting much seperation I believe that Josh was hesitant to throw.

football24/7

Registered
Reaction score
Duckjake, do you really think I feel fine with this performance. I was being sarcastic.

blindseyed

I'm saying you ARE stuck in Wichita
Reaction score
football24/7 said:
Duckjake, do you really think I feel fine with this performance. I was being sarcastic.
Oh thank God 24/7..I almost called 911 in fear of a koolaid OD

seesred

Reaction score
If we are evaluating the QB's in todays game I thought McCown did not look good at all. However the kid King made some nice plays and I like Navarre a lot. He can't run well but has a gun.

GBR

PAQ77

Registered
Reaction score
I though McCown did okay... First game jitters. King looked so-so. I liked Navarre tonight. He looked calm and collected out there. Not much of an athlete but he got the job done.

NJYAJ09

Hall of Famer
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
IMO none of out QB's today looked good. I want Plumer back! ;) What did we trade him for again?

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Josh Mc Cown

I don't know how he looked because I haven't seen the game, yet. But the posters who have been calling to have him "force" a pass are probably the same ones who criticized Jake for throwing too many ints. Only time will tell if holds onto the ball when receivers are open. Let's remember he's practically a rookie when it comes to the number of games he's started/played in. Will there be improvement, next week? I hope so, for Josh and the team.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
McCown certainly was dissapointing last night. But its hardly enough of a reason to be down on the guy.

It really should be expected. He will get better as the pre-season unfolds. Just give the guy a little time. He is going to make bonehea dplays this year that is expected. But he will make many exciting ones too.

On a sidenote King came in alooked like a saavy veteran. Its good hes there just in case!

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
SouthNZoneFan said:
McCown looked OKAY tonight in the game. He made a few mistakes, but I add it up to first game gitters.

I have faith that Green made a good decision. McCown is going to have to step it up in the next few games, but he will be okay.

Big Ben looked like many predicted. Real good. We will look back one day and wonder how we passed on this guy.

john h

LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
AntSports Steve said:
McCown looked bad to me. He ran for it too quick and never really made a play. He seemed reluctant to throw the ball.

In the final analysis we got our butts kicked. cannot get it into the endzone and cannot stop the other team. if you can find positives in this great.

Crimson Warrior

Dangerous Murray Zealot
Reaction score
john h said:
In the final analysis we got our butts kicked. cannot get it into the endzone and cannot stop the other team. if you can find positives in this great.

Long way to go man. Lets not get too excited by the first preseason game.

Shuesters2

Wind Breaker
Reaction score
AntSports Steve said:
For the Cards large OLine, King is too short. He has trouble seeing and got the ball batted down.

Concur. He did a poor job of getting the ball to the receiver on dumps and screens... several were batted down. He was good on his longer throws. Poole almost pulled down the one at the end of the half.

Shuesters.

P.S. Didn't see Josh. Navarre seems to stare down his receivers, but got the ball to them.