McGinnis on MarTay

arthurracoon

The Cardinal Smiles
Reaction score
Originally posted by SECTION 11
1) He's not a good receiver.
2) He's a malcontent.

I agree w/ the first one...If he comes he will be the 6th reciever probably.

Is he malcontent? Maybe he has been humbled. or of course, maybe not. But he is now going to have to accept that he is jobless and he would have had a job had he stayed with his old team.

But ONE MAJOR reason to bring him back is special teams. He is a gunner and a return man. He has speed. He has return skills.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by arthurracoon

But ONE MAJOR reason to bring him back is special teams. He is a gunner and a return man. He has speed. He has return skills.

So does Kasper! We dont need him!

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
So does Kasper! We dont need him!

Shane explain to me who you think we do need? According to you the cards need no one. BTW Kasper is not a gunner.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by azcardsfan1616
Shane explain to me who you think we do need? According to you the cards need no one. BTW Kasper is not a gunner.

We could still use Alex moldin IMO! I have little faith in the rookie Goss!

Other than that there isnt a whole lot out there worth pursuing. You seem to think we should grab anyone including a safety which is arguably our position of most strength on the entire team? Sorry but your reasoning just doesnt jive. Oh and by the way I am far from the only one that has ZERO interest in Martay!

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
Originally posted by Shane H
We could still use Alex moldin IMO! I have little faith in the rookie Goss!

Other than that there isnt a whole lot out there worth pursuing. You seem to think we should grab anyone including a safety which is arguably our position of most strength on the entire team? Sorry but your reasoning just doesnt jive. Oh and by the way I am far from the only one that has ZERO interest in Martay!

Milloy would help this team in many ways. As someone just said in the other thread move wilson to corner and have jackson and milloy at Safety. We have no depth at all in safety. Like i said before Lucas is still hurt and if wilson or jackson go down we are screwed.Milloy also has a SB ring, he knows how to win and what it takes to win. I didnt mean just martay i meant FA's in general because all i have ever heard from you when someone gets cut is no we dont need him.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Originally posted by azcardsfan1616
Milloy would help this team in many ways. As someone just said in the other thread move wilson to corner and have jackson and milloy at Safety. We have no depth at all in safety. Like i said before Lucas is still hurt and if wilson or jackson go down we are screwed.Milloy also has a SB ring, he knows how to win and what it takes to win. I didnt mean just martay i meant FA's in general because all i have ever heard from you when someone gets cut is no we dont need him.

By the way I think we could use Marco Coleman as well

HIX

Brittney, Anna, Madonna
Reaction score
How is Kasper not a gunner? He has the speed and already has tackles on coverage....

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
Just wondering, who would you cut to make room for Martay? Don't say McAddley because we know Jerry won't let him go.

pinnacle

Reaction score
oran..I think we concluded yesterday that it would be either mcaddley or kasper....mcaddley would probably clear waivers and go to the practice squad.. I do not think kasper would clear waivers...but that does not mean he is at risk if we would sign martay...looks like the roster is set for the lions game...if we do anything, it would be next week..

HIX

Brittney, Anna, Madonna
Reaction score
How is Kasper not a gunner? He has the speed and already has tackles on coverage....

Mr.Dibbs

Cap Casualty
Reaction score
oran..I think we concluded yesterday that it would be either mcaddley or kasper....

Just by the verbage that we heard over the preseason, I don't see McAddley being moved- the coaches are too high on him and might not see clearly because of this. Kasper is a great player, and I agree that he would not clear waivers, but I feel this is the guy the team would waive. If getting Martay means losing Kasper then I'm not for it.

Lex

troublemaker
Reaction score
I'm with Section 11 on this one, screw Martay. Send him two nice lower level tickets on the east side of SDS for games one, and two here. Let him see if ANY team wants his big head. By game four, we'll know more about what we've got, and Martay will know more about how good he had it here.

Then, if we need him, I'd give him a shot. But not at the expense of Kasper.

RonF

Per Ardua Ad Astra
Reaction score
If MarTay turned down our original offer to go elsewhere, and is willing to come here, offer him the veteran's minimum for one year.

If he's any good let his action's dictate that on next year's contract. You never bring a player back for the same offer he rejected in the first place.