MCU: Deadpool & Wolverine

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This sucker is a juggernaut. 2nd weekend with 97 million, only down 53% from weekend 1. That’s a great hold.

Probably gonna top out around 600 million and 1.4-1.6 billion overall.

Ronin

In your city
Super Moderator
Reaction score
DiscussingFilm
@DiscussingFilm
·
5m
Dafne Keen confirms that X-23 in ‘DEADPOOL & WOLVERINE’ is the same one from ‘LOGAN’

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
When we went to see Trap, the Harkins at Chandler Fashion had changed several theaters over to Deadpool and Wolverine. Must have been screening in 5 or 6 theaters there at the same time. I saw a pair of old ladies in their 70s heading into the theater with drinks and popcorn and thought of the power of the cast to draw in a varied audience. No doubt they just wanted to be entertained - by the likes of Ryan Reynolds and Hugh Jackman. :D

UncleChris

Shocking, I tell you!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I didn't realize how many came between since so many were unremarkable.

• Shang-Chi and the Legend of the Ten Rings - A
  • Eternals - F-
  • Spider-Man: No Way Home - B+/A-
  • Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness -  D
  • Thor: Love and Thunder - C
  • Black Panther: Wakanda Forever - C+
  • Ant-Man and the Wasp: Quantumania - C+
  • Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - B
  • The Marvels - Haven't Seen
So, you're right!
With a 94% audience score, I'll have to argue against GotG 3 being a "B"...... but agree with the rest. :cheers:

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
With a 94% audience score, I'll have to argue against GotG 3 being a "B"...... but agree with the rest. :cheers:
Yeah… I thought Guardians was easily the best overall movie during the post Endgame MCU, probably just ahead of No Way Home, where the first 80 minutes or so were solid, but the last hour was about as fun as anything could get in the Multiversal storyline. I’m still amazed at how they redeemed Andrew Garfield’s storyline, making me love him the most of the three in that movie when I really didn’t care for him in his own movies.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think it was the run time for me. I thought it was fun, just had a few moments that felt long to me. I'll have to watch again.

Devilmaycare

Nerd Supreme
Reaction score
Only a 44% drop for this weekend too which is pretty good for the dollar amounts and being 3 weeks in now.

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
Saw it with the family. Was fun overall. Has a couple of drag moments and a couple of those "ohh! Snap" type laughs with some of the things they dropped in there

One scene we definitely laughed at louder than those and us was the "read the room" line. We've been on our son to do the same for years

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
$2B here we come!!
I think this thing could post a good week.

We ended up at AMC and the theater was pretty full. They had a fair number of showing at our local.

Local Harkins has show times every 50-60 minutes. Started from 6ish to late and not a theater had 4 seats together that wasn't in the bottom rows

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This doesn’t have another 900 million in it. But it probably gets to around 1.5 or 1.6 when all’s said and done.
Box office...I agree. Not likely but after this thing comes to PPV, home video sales and merch? Yikes. This is a big hit for Disney considering it's an R rated movie, not targeted for wide release to families and the biggest R rated hit of all time.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Box office...I agree. Not likely but after this thing comes to PPV, home video sales and merch? Yikes. This is a big hit for Disney considering it's an R rated movie, not targeted for wide release to families and the biggest R rated hit of all time.
It’s a massive hit regardless of it’s R rating, but it ain’t coming close to 2 bills.

OP
OP
Covert Rain

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
It’s a massive hit regardless of it’s R rating, but it ain’t coming close to 2 bills.
Yep but it's a bigger deal because it's an R movie and expectations are always smaller for R rated movies.