MCU: Marvel (Disney) News Going Forward (2023)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
BTW, they did this story after Civil War 2. It involved Tony's consciousness while he was comatose. Wouldn't be a big leap to be in his death.

So this does not have to be multiverse.

You must be registered for see images attach

Wasn’t this Doom taking over Iron Man, not Vice versa.

oaken1

Stone Cold
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
In a BIG swing, Marvel just announced Avengers 5 is no longer The Kang Dynasty, but now DOOMSDAY as Victor Von Doom makes his MCU debut, to be played by…

IRON MAN.

No BS.

It’s about to get Multiuniversal up in this bitch!
??? So, Dr Doom(F4) is now Doomsday(X-men) who is really Iron Man aka Tony Stark(Avengers) ???

Whaaaa.....???

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
The only intriguing thing about it is why they are so dumb as to do this.

Because a year from now when the cool trailer with RDJ drops everyone will be back in. It will probably be Ultron/Civil War caliber so not great but will do numbers.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wasn’t this Doom taking over Iron Man, not Vice versa.

It was but again it involved Tony's consciousness. Tony has already proven he can create life with Ultron. I could see him trying to make a new body and he goes crazy.

Chris_Sanders

Not Always The Best Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
So, Marvel, how can you make me out on the Avengars moving forward?

Tony Stark is Doctor Doom because multiverse.

Thank you. Now I can save my money.

An assumption of multiverse. The story they are basing this on is not a multiverse story.

Covert Rain

Father smelt of elderberries!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
??? So, Dr Doom(F4) is now Doomsday(X-men) who is really Iron Man aka Tony Stark(Avengers) ???

Whaaaa.....???
I am glad I am not the only one that thought this was completely STRANGE. There is one way I can see this working. If an evil Tony Stark from another verse was hiding in the shadows and changed his name to Victor or something like that. That could work. I mean the they have to address the elephant in the room why he looks like Tony. If not? Dumb.

Stout

Hold onto the ball, Murray!
Reaction score
Marvel is tanking for me. I won't say they just killed another property for me, but they damn sure didn't pull me back in with DP3 either. What a disappointment, and this crap? It's like they've reached the Kevin Smith "the fans will pay for anything so let's stop caring and use whatever we bank to smoke weed" approach.

bankybruce

All In!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Fan made! Pretty impressive in just a few days.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only way that’s possible is if he’s not funny or charismatic. I’m trying to think of a RDJ performance where that wasn’t his MO even before the MCU.
He just won an Oscar for that kind of role in Oppenheimer… where I thought he was the most underwhelming of all the performances in the movie.

GatorAZ

feed hopkins
Reaction score
He just won an Oscar for that kind of role in Oppenheimer… where I thought he was the most underwhelming of all the performances in the movie.

Still kind of a more bitter, older, charismatic Stark in some ways. Not a Dr Doom expert but is he considered purely evil or egotistical? Maybe they go over the top evil?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is encouraging to me.

Robert Downey Jr.’s Doctor Doom Won’t Be a Tony Stark Variant​

I am the opposite. This is extremely discouraging. That means the elephant in the room will be there the entire movie. Nobody will be able to see him without thinking why does he look like Tony. I hope this story is wrong or they have a really good explanation why he looks like Tony or this is beyond stupid IMO.

puckhead

Waxing Gibbous
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I am the opposite. This is extremely discouraging. That means the elephant in the room will be there the entire movie. Nobody will be able to see him without thinking why does he look like Tony. I hope this story is wrong or they have a really good explanation why he looks like Tony or this is beyond stupid IMO.

As long as it's not an origin story, then post-college accident disfigured Doom can help alleviate the likeness to Stark. The voice is still a problem, but under the mask, that is easier to hide too. At which point, one does have to ask, why RDJ? Unless he was just dying to play a villain in the universe or something and they pulled some strings. :shrug:

OP
OP
Brian in Mesa

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the Human Torch/Captain America thing bother you?

Covert Rain

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did the Human Torch/Captain America thing bother you?
No because that was pre-MCU and technically set up to be a fun cameo. This Fantastic Four is being billed as putting them in the current MCU and it’s a MAJOR character. I guess you could do the disfigurement direction like puck mentioned. However, we are talking the iconic Ironman
/Tony Stark which has been a main thread on the MCU. Ignoring it would be a massive elephant in the room IMO.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pprat