MEGAPHONES! The Small Plastic Ones

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Here's the chants you need to start up - STADIUM WIDE.

LETS GO CARDINALS - (bang-bang-bang-bang-bang).

and

HERE WE CARDINALS- HERE WE GO - (bang-bang).:newcards:

Here are our other chants. Man, someone should make a list of chants and when and pass out fliers before the game.

Countdown to kickoff: "10!...9!..8!..7!...6!...etc"

Kickoffs to Breaston: "Steve! Steve! Steve!" (you increase the pace until you are just yelling)

Play by DRC: "DRC! DRC! DRC!"

Donald, am I missing any?

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
[pa announcer]and another cardinals......[fans]FIRST DOWN!!!

That's one the PA announcer actually pauses for us to yell, and I'd say only 1/5th the stadium, if that, knows to do it. It's supposed to be our version of Denver's IN-COM-PLETE yell.

I'm really loving the idea of the countdown to kicking your ass 10-9-8-7..etc.

Then there are all the Larry, JJ, [insert player name] type things.

And hopefully, we get to do the most fun one of all...na-na-na-na...but not too early, right abomb? :)

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I love yelling 'Larry, Larry' in a Jerry Springer type fashion when he makes one of his spectacular catches.

I like yelling Duuuuuuce when Early Doucet makes a play (this one will probably have to wait until next year)

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
And hopefully, we get to do the most fun one of all...na-na-na-na...but not too early, right abomb? :)

Not doing it until we leave the stadium. :D

Also doubling up on the Immodium. I am going to be a bundle of nerves on Sunday.

Carddan

Average Fan
Reaction score
Here's the chants you need to start up - STADIUM WIDE.

LETS GO CARDINALS - (bang-bang-bang-bang-bang).

and

HERE WE GO CARDINALS- HERE WE GO - (bang-bang).:newcards:

This game we're yelling "here we go Cardinals...To the Show"

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
i bought 30 megaphones.

i also bought 10 clappers. but i'm thinking those might not make it in/get taken away. oh well, just $10 for those.

BirdMan21

Ex-Ex-AP Hype Man
Reaction score
Gonna swing by a party store tomorrow on the way home from work and buy every red and white megaphone they have and distribute them to everyone at the tailgate and to random people that look either drunk or crazy.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Gonna swing by a party store tomorrow on the way home from work and buy every red and white megaphone they have and distribute them to everyone at the tailgate and to random people that look either drunk or crazy.

Preferably both.

Bert

Walkin' on Sunshine
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I usually just get an extra game program and roll it up like a Megaphone, that works well for me.

If you dont have a party city nearby, this is the best alternative.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I usually just get an extra game program and roll it up like a Megaphone, that works well for me.

If you dont have a party city nearby, this is the best alternative.

That works if it's all you got, I agree. Better than yelling through your hands.

But plastic cups with the holes cut out of the bottom trump the game program, softer material vs. hard plastic and sound wave absorbtion (which is why the program is better than hands, btw).

And the narrow entry of the megaphone vs. the cup is best of all.

It's science. /anchorman. :D

Bottom line, do whatever you can, however creatively you can, to make more noise than you ever believed you could possibly do and ENCOURAGE those around you to do the same thing...tell those around you who aren't yelling on every single defensive play that they might as well be sitting home watching on the tube.

Get it rockin, red birds!

splitsecond

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Great Idea, I am going to invest in a few of these asap. Of course, posterboard signs can also double as megaphones for those who don't want to carry in an armload of goodies.

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
i bought 30 megaphones.

i also bought 10 clappers. but i'm thinking those might not make it in/get taken away. oh well, just $10 for those.

if your wearing pants, you could get the clappers in if you stuff them in your socks. notice how they only make sure you have nothing taped on your chest or in your belt? lol

Zeno

Ancient
Reaction score
If any of us leave the stadium with our voices still intact we weren't doing something right.

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
if your wearing pants, you could get the clappers in if you stuff them in your socks. notice how they only make sure you have nothing taped on your chest or in your belt? lol

that's a great call! i was thinking down the pants, but my incredibly generous manhood would get in the way. in the socks they go!!!

daytripper

All Star
Reaction score
If you can't get one, MacGyver it....one week i just poked the bottom out of a coke cup and used that. The next week i bought a Cardinals commemorative beer cup and drank the beer...then I used my car keys to cut the bottom out of it. It worked so well i have used the same cup for 2 games and plan on bringing it to this one.

Yeah that!!!!!!!!

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I just unpacked a bag of little plastic bird whistles that you put a little bit of water in. They're just silly loud, I'm bringing all of them (except the green ones).

PoolBoy

BIRDGANG
Reaction score
I just unpacked a bag of little plastic bird whistles that you put a little bit of water in. They're just silly loud, I'm bringing all of them (except the green ones).

they don't actually sound like whistles do they? we don't need any stadium penalties, (or is that only college?)

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
they don't actually sound like whistles do they? we don't need any stadium penalties, (or is that only college?)

They do actually. They're unbelievably loud. My buddy got them for the 98 season and I've had them ever since. I wondered about the whistles, I don't know what the rule is on that.

RandomGuy

Registered
Reaction score
They do actually. They're unbelievably loud. My buddy got them for the 98 season and I've had them ever since. I wondered about the whistles, I don't know what the rule is on that.

Officially, it's a penalty on the home team if the opposing QB asks the refs to make a ruling and they determine crowd interference via noisemaker.

No BS.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05