Metta World Peace Assaults Harden (ugly vid)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
EPIC CHOKE JOB.

Donald you gonna blame this game on everyone but Kobe also when he shot 9-25, had multiple turnovers at the end of the game and pretty much tried to play hero even though Bynum and Pau were shooting over 50% and playing tough D and rebounding?

Oh good ****ing god cheese, don't be average sunsfan, please. BTW, Bynum and Pau both had the ball with a five point lead and didn't attack.

But that last two minutes was on Kobe. Two lazy ass passes..one he threw and the other he didn't go to. *******.

Should be 1-1...now they have to hold court which I don't know if they can do. Frustrating damn team.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Oh good ****ing god cheese, don't be average sunsfan, please. BTW, Bynum and Pau both had the ball with a five point lead and didn't attack.

But that last two minutes was on Kobe. Two lazy ass passes..one he threw and the other he didn't go to. *******.

Should be 1-1...now they have to hold court which I don't know if they can do. Frustrating damn team.

the last two minutes? the dude was 9-25. he was awful all game long, not just the last two minutes. And the last time Bynum actually got the ball, he posted strong against Perkins and put them up 7. And the play before that, Pau fed Bynum for a layup. Then, Kobe and Artest pretty much did everything else.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakes should have just fed the bigs...on a night when they are engaged, go to them. Instead, we get Blake on the corner three...down 1? Really? Really?

God, I wish we had hired Adelman like I wanted. I doubt he'd allow them to douche around in the last 2.05 and blow a 7 point lead.

*sigh* that's why I love this team...nobody does it better, weirder or more frustratingly. When they are great, they are great. When they are crap, they are crap. When they are good, they might also suck simultaneously. You can't put a price on that kind of crazy.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Lakes should have just fed the bigs...on a night when they are engaged, go to them. Instead, we get Blake on the corner three...down 1? Really? Really?

God, I wish we had hired Adelman like I wanted. I doubt he'd allow them to douche around in the last 2.05 and blow a 7 point lead.

yeah... Brown was a TERRIBLE hire.

He's probably gonna go down as the coach who couldn't win a title with Kobe AND Lebron (who will probably scratch ONE pathetic title out eventually).

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
the last two minutes? the dude was 9-25. he was awful all game long, not just the last two minutes. And the last time Bynum actually got the ball, he posted strong against Perkins and put them up 7. And the play before that, Pau fed Bynum for a layup. Then, Kobe and Artest pretty much did everything else.

The last two minutes. He was 9-20 before then...not awful all game long. Then he went hero mode, and so what, that happens.

But after that, Pau and Bynum both touched and kicked out, and Kobe sucked and Artest shouldn't have even been in the game at that point.

But the ABSOLUTE key was Kobe's two turnovers inside two minutes...two lazy ****ing plays that led to 4 points and turned a seven point game into a 1 possession game with 1:40 left to play or so. That is simply unacceptable. Add to that his turnover in similar fashion right at the half. LAZY play. You don't do that against a high school team, much less a home team trying to make a comeback.

Just flat out asstastic crunch time decisions/laziness. Entitlement.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score

*sigh* that's why I love this team...nobody does it better, weirder or more frustratingly. When they are great, they are great. When they are crap, they are crap. When they are good, they might also suck simultaneously. You can't put a price on that kind of crazy.

Not saying the play was the proper play... however, he was WIDE open... It looked like Kobe was being well covered and Artest just panicked and tossed the ball to the WIDE open guy - Blake.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm no Kobe fan, but Blake did miss a wide open 3 to win the game...

WTF was that the play though? They were down 1 at that point...really, a Blake corner three is the one you are going with?

FFS, there are 25 plays worth calling down 1 before even glancing at that option.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not saying the play was the proper play... however, he was WIDE open... It looked like Kobe was being well covered and Artest just panicked and tossed the ball to the WIDE open guy - Blake.

Yes, he was open for sure and if he had made it, that's huge. But still, just a very odd play that was low odds to make.

And honestly, I'd have been more comfy if it were Metta Ron shooting that one. :shock: He only makes big threes. :)

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
WTF was that the play though? They were down 1 at that point...really, a Blake corner three is the one you are going with?

FFS, there are 25 plays worth calling down 1 before even glancing at that option.

dude was WIDE OPEN. He's got to hit that shot. Fish probably would have.

82CardsGrad

7 x 70
Reaction score
Yes, he was open for sure and if he had made it, that's huge. But still, just a very odd play that was low odds to make.

And honestly, I'd have been more comfy if it were Metta Ron shooting that one. :shock: He only makes big threes. :)

Did you see Kobe's reaction to the play?? Clearly, the called play was NOT to go to Blake. However, Kobe was blanketed and Meta World Mishap panicked... ;)

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
dude was WIDE OPEN. He's got to hit that shot. Fish probably would have.

Regardless of how open he was, a three down 1 (from a bench guy) can simply NOT be the best you have drawn up.

Bynum or Pau at the rim has to be the play, or Kobe at the elbow. They can't take all three of those away.

The Lakers run that play for the open corner three A LOT, it's one of their go-to end of half set plays..but damn it if I want to see it run down 1 trying to steal one on the road in the playoffs.

Get the two and play defense.

I give a ef how wide open he was. And yes, he should have made it..and yes, it is still a dumb call.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Did you see Kobe's reaction to the play?? Clearly, the called play was NOT to go to Blake. However, Kobe was blanketed and Meta World Mishap panicked... ;)

Metta world mishap. :)

That's a set play for the Lakers...they run it a lot. That's a primary option on the set...most of the time it is kicked to the corner off of Kobe penetration at the end of a half when the defense collapses.

Metta Ron made the right pass for the set. Blake should have made it. Brown never should have called it.

Kobe was just pissed he didn't get a chance to turn it over again.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did anyone watch that little snippet of Ron Artest's interview with Craig Sager? Man... he's 6 cokes short of a six pack.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
did anyone watch that little snippet of Ron Artest's interview with Craig Sager? Man... he's 6 cokes short of a six pack.

More like 7 or 8 short of a six pack.

His eyes trip me out when he's being interviewed. Dude is so off.

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

LOL I think Harden was so focused on delivering the elbow that he almost lost track of the ball.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score

They wasted way too much of the clock.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

LOL I think Harden was so focused on delivering the elbow that he almost lost track of the ball.

If only he had ACTUALLY clocked him. I could watch the replay all day.

Artest shouldnt accuse anyone of flopping. I hope next game he and Kobe go to elbow the same player, whiff and end up taking each other out.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

That wasn't the play it was the last outlet of the play. They were trying to get it to Kobe or inside IMO, that's why Blake was so open, Westbrook turned his head looking for a pass into the paint where he went to help. Nearly a huge mistake by him if Blake knocks it down.

I know Blake is a pedestrian player but if you're inbounding in that situation and the key guys aren't open, you hit him. He just missed the shot.

Sure saved Durant's butt, what in the world was he thinking intentionally missing like that up 2?

Rivercard

Too much good stuff
Reaction score
if you're inbounding in that situation and the key guys aren't open, you hit him. He just missed the shot.

Yeah, that was really their only good play in the last 2:00! I thought it was a good shot all things considered. A lob in traffic or a full cross-court pass to Kobe in that situation had disaster written all over it even if he managed to get open a bit.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yeah, that was really their only good play in the last 2:00! I thought it was a good shot all things considered. A lob in traffic or a full cross-court pass to Kobe in that situation had disaster written all over it even if he managed to get open a bit.

The best play in that scenario is running Pau to the high post, screening Kobe. If they double, go to Pau. If they switch or fight through, go to Kobe.

Pau initiating from the high post there gives many more options and spreads the floor.

Regardless, idiot Kobe with his turnovers and crap shots put them in the situation where they were down and needed to scramble. Up 7 with the ball and two minutes left, they should have been shooting free throws off intentional fouls late in the game, not scrambling out bad plays.

Super play, gang!