Michael Beasley being investigated for alleged sexual assault

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Wow, I'll reserve my judgement until it's verified it's not someone just trying to extort money from him, but if this is true, he needs to be let go immediately.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Not to make light of the situation but if this is true we're really screwed. Without Beasley I'm just not sure we can seriously compete for that number one draft pick next year.

Steve

SirStefan32

Krycek, Alex Krycek
Reaction score
Not to make light of the situation but if this is true we're really screwed. Without Beasley I'm just not sure we can seriously compete for that number one draft pick next year.

Steve

We can always bring in TMac and/ or AI on one year contracts, bring back Shannon Brown... if we combine all three, they might do as much damage as Beasley can do by himself.

RON_IN_OC

https://www.ronevansrealty.com
Reaction score

Steve

It would be addition by subtraction.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It turns out he was not just figuratively raping the fan base...

What a disaster. As disgusted as I was with his signing and how dire my predictions were I think I underestimated.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
By the way, those of you who were saying that "Cubby" is dead, just check out the 1:21 p.m. comment from "TheCastleberry" on that article.

HooverDam

Reaction score
Whats the salary situation if Beasley is off to jail for a year or two? Can the Suns get out of his contract like they might be able to get out of Channings b/c of his health?

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Is there some sort of morality clause in his contract? I would cut him anyway, but it would be better if we didn't have to pay him or have it count against the cap.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I understand the Suns stand to lose 9M if they cut Beasley. If the Suns could package in a trade it would be a miracle. I think the Suns should cut him before they bring him back for another season.

Phrazbit

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Whats the salary situation if Beasley is off to jail for a year or two? Can the Suns get out of his contract like they might be able to get out of Channings b/c of his health?

You don't have to pay a player thats rotting in prison. We'd be able to void his contract. The problem there is even if this ever went to trail and he was convicted that would probably take place a few years down the road, too late for the Suns.

Someone needs to get him high and convince him to confess, plead guilty and get this all over with before free agency starts!

I understand the Suns stand to lose 9M if they cut Beasley. If the Suns could package in a trade it would be a miracle. I think the Suns should cut him before they bring him back for another season.

Barring some extremely swift justice the Suns are out 9 million no matter what.

Even without this assault allegation the Suns should have been seriously considering getting rid of him. The guy is absolute poison to team basketball.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Wow, I'll reserve my judgement until it's verified it's not someone just trying to extort money from him, but if this is true, he needs to be let go immediately.
THIS.

Too often in today's world, people are trying to extort money from rich athletes.

I find it extremely strange that this happened on January and its only being reported 4 months later...

I'll wait to hear more facts before crucifying Beasley for this accusation.

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
THIS.

Too often in today's world, people are trying to extort money from rich athletes.

I find it extremely strange that this happened on January and its only being reported 4 months later...

I'll wait to hear more facts before crucifying Beasley for this accusation.

There is a thing in this country called "innocent until proven guilty". The problem is he has a reputation. I hope for his sake (and ours) that he didn't do it.

sunsfan88

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
There is a thing in this country called "innocent until proven guilty". The problem is he has a reputation. I hope for his sake (and ours) that he didn't do it.

Are you trying to mock me or something? I know about "innocent til proven guilty" and that's why I said I won't rip Beasley apart for this until more info is out.

And he has a reputation for marijuana, not for any sexual, or assault issues.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
I've been both a prosecutor and a defense attorney on a number of sexual assualt cases. The chances of getting a conviction on a case where the victim comes forward months later are extremely low. They are very tough cases to prove in the best of circumstances, since there is almost never any witnesses of the alleged act besides the victim. They delay in reporting and the fact that the accused is a wealthy celebrity will be exploited by any competent defense attorney to make it look like the victim is lying. Unless some really ugly facts come out, I would be shocked if Beasley gets convicted of anything.
He'll be with the Suns opening day, playing matador defense and jacking up ill advised shots like usual.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If the Suns cannot miraculously package Beasley in a trade they should cut him. I felt this way before the current allegations whether true or false. As I view it, Blanks' project should not remain the Suns project as he is a distraction to the team going forward. Maybe Babby can do another Turkoglu type trade.

Griffin

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If the Suns cannot miraculously package Beasley in a trade they should cut him. I felt this way before the current allegations whether true or false. As I view it, Blanks' project should not remain the Suns project as he is a distraction to the team going forward. Maybe Babby can do another Turkoglu type trade.
I don't think it is possible to trade Beasley, unless the Suns acquire bad contracts in return. Imo, he has considerable negative trade value at this point. Turkolgu's case was special, because the Suns traded him back to the one team for which he actually played well at one point and at a time when that team was desperate to stay competitive and keep its star player. I don't think the T-Wolves will want Beasley back.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake