Michael Beasley being investigated for alleged sexual assault

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
Beasley has no trade value until he is an expiring contract.

His on court contributions are generally negative. His PER has dropped every season he has been in the league. He plays laughable defense. He has a negative Wins Share.

He is a distraction off courts. He has had drug problems. He says stupid stuff like that he is intentionally ignoring the coach. He has posted suicidal sounding updates on Twitter.

He is an all around negative for any team and he is owed over $12 million over the next two years. Even without the sexual assualt allegation, he is a caustic asset. Regardless of how this case shakes out, it makes his value to any organization even less.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't think it is possible to trade Beasley, unless the Suns acquire bad contracts in return. Imo, he has considerable negative trade value at this point. Turkolgu's case was special, because the Suns traded him back to the one team for which he actually played well at one point and at a time when that team was desperate to stay competitive and keep its star player. I don't think the T-Wolves will want Beasley back.

That's why I used the word "miraculously." It looked impossible to move Turkoglu as well although one team was interested. I don't think Beasley has any takers out there.

Needless to say, the Suns would have to give something or take back something to move Beasley, likely in a larger package. I agree, he has negative trade value. If the Suns kept him to the trading deadline he might be easier to move because of less salary being involved. I wasn't thinking the T-Wolves would want him back. However, there are a lot of NBA teams loaded with unwanted salaries. At least Beasley's salary for 2014-15 is only partially guaranteed.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Beasley has no trade value until he is an expiring contract.

His on court contributions are generally negative. His PER has dropped every season he has been in the league. He plays laughable defense. He has a negative Wins Share.

He is a distraction off courts. He has had drug problems. He says stupid stuff like that he is intentionally ignoring the coach. He has posted suicidal sounding updates on Twitter.

He is an all around negative for any team and he is owed over $12 million over the next two years. Even without the sexual assualt allegation, he is a caustic asset. Regardless of how this case shakes out, it makes his value to any organization even less.

As mentioned in my last post, I believe Beasley's salary is only partially guaranteed for 2014-15. So he is owed 6M this coming season and 3M guaranteed for the following season unless someone wants to pay him the full 12M.

:)

Superbone

Phoenix native; Lifelong Suns Fan
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Are you trying to mock me or something? I know about "innocent til proven guilty" and that's why I said I won't rip Beasley apart for this until more info is out.

And he has a reputation for marijuana, not for any sexual, or assault issues.

Not at all. I'm agreeing with you.

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
As mentioned in my last post, I believe Beasley's salary is only partially guaranteed for 2014-15. So he is owed 6M this coming season and 3M guaranteed for the following season unless someone wants to pay him the full 12M.

:)

In that case, what a bargain! I say let's trade him straight up for Lebron and a few first rounders. :)

$12 million or $9 million over the next two years, I can't imagine anyone wanting to pay to have this waste of a roster spot on their team.

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake