Michael Floyd making the Leap?

Darkside

ASFN Addict
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Maybe, but whenever a coach says, "He has to get better fundamentally," it just means he isn't first round material in my opinion.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
They need to stop with this crap. They keep writing all these articles designed to fool me into getting excited for the 2013 season and it's taking all I have to remain calm. I keep repeating over and over "we suck, we'll be lucky to win 4 games" but they keep hammering away at me. They are wearing me down. By the time training camp starts, I'll be guaranteeing an 11 win season and a trip to the Super Bowl. We still have the core of our defense. We have a real QB for the first time since Warner retired. We look to have shored up our O Line and we finally have a strong RB unit to play behind them and now, according to this piece, we have a true star playing next to Larry Fitzgerald. Start the season already. Just break my heart and get it over with.

Steve

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Maybe, but whenever a coach says, "He has to get better fundamentally," it just means he isn't first round material in my opinion.

He said that in February, let's see what he says about him come training camp.

Steve

Reaction score

He said that in February.

"I think he is a bright young star. He has to get better fundamentally," Arians said in February. "But he's physical, he's big, he's active. I loved him coming out."
Already running ahead of Andre Roberts with the first-team offense, Floyd has Cardinals beat writers noting his increased confidence as he has "made a big leap."
None other than team leader Larry Fitzgerald believes Floyd is on the verge of a big season.

1DS

Registered
Reaction score
I hope so, but I'll believe it when I see it. This is the classic "get everyone fired up" offseason article. What do you want them to say about last years 1st round bust (so far).

I'd love to be wrong about him, just can't see much to get excited about. When a player lacks the mental fortitude, all the physical tools are forever wasted.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
He said that in February, let's see what he says about him come training camp.

Steve
yup. I'm excited to see what they can do. If Palmer can get them the ball, the line can give him the time, and the run game can keep the opposing D honest, I think our offense could be exciting to watch. Which is a BIG change from the hard-to-watch group on the field last year

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
yup. I'm excited to see what they can do. If Palmer can get them the ball, the line can give him the time, and the run game can keep the opposing D honest, I think our offense could be exciting to watch. Which is a BIG change from the hard-to-watch group on the field last year

3 of their last 7 games with less than 100 yards passing and threw 13 INTs during that stretch. I mean, how do you lose a game where your defense forces 6 turnovers? :bang:

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score

I think hard to watch is an understatement. My eyes started bleeding sometimes watching last year's offense it was so bad. I would get pain behind my eyes and a migraine would set in before the bleeding started. My doctor told me the only cure was to stop watching the games. I told him it was an addiction I was having trouble breaking.

binkar

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

I think almost all first round picks need to get better fundamentally. People seem to really dig deep to find reasons to hate the Floyd pick. Some are rational, some (like this one), are irrational.

The guy had a great finish to the season at a position where it's difficult to adjust in the NFL. Arians thinks he's a bright young star, Carson Palmer has talked extremely positively about him, Fitz said he expects him to have a big year. Maybe he's actually a good player? :shrug:

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I think almost all first round picks need to get better fundamentally. People seem to really dig deep to find reasons to hate the Floyd pick. Some are rational, some (like this one), are irrational.

The guy had a great finish to the season at a position where it's difficult to adjust in the NFL. Arians thinks he's a bright young star, Carson Palmer has talked extremely positively about him, Fitz said he expects him to have a big year. Maybe he's actually a good player? :shrug:

Well he did have that huge game in week 17 vs SF* but the 6 weeks before that he averaged just over 31 yards per game. Not exactly great.

*Hard to believe that outside of Floyd the Cards caught only 11 passes for a measly 59 yards. Dang the offense went south in a hurry last season.

az jam

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
WRs normally take 2 to 3 years to really click in the NFL. Floyd has all the tools and now with a decent qb it will be interesting to see how he does. He was drafted to be the #2 wr and take pressure off of Fitz. I think he can do well in Arains system.

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
3 of their last 7 games with less than 100 yards passing and threw 13 INTs during that stretch. I mean, how do you lose a game where your defense forces 6 turnovers? :bang:
yup. Pretty darn embarrassing
I think hard to watch is an understatement. My eyes started bleeding sometimes watching last year's offense it was so bad. I would get pain behind my eyes and a migraine would set in before the bleeding started. My doctor told me the only cure was to stop watching the games. I told him it was an addiction I was having trouble breaking.
I meant it very literally. It was physically hard to watch. It also really gave me headaches

cardpa

Have a Nice Day!
Reaction score
yup. Pretty darn embarrassing

I meant it very literally. It was physically hard to watch. It also really gave me headaches

I totally agree with you it was that hard to watch. The ineptitude that was the offense of 2012 was so bad I'm not sure if I have ever and I mean ever seen an offense as woeful as the 2012 edition of the Arizona Cardinals.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I think it means he needs to run better routes and learn the plays. Floyd has talent, he showed that the 2nd half of the year.

I still wouldn't have picked him but I do think it's quite likely has a MUCH better year this year.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
We sure are good at grasping at straws. Levi Brown played better the 2nd half of 2011. Bobbie Massie played better the 2nd half of 2012. Michael Floyd's 30 receiving yards per game were a better 2nd half of 2012. But the Cards still lose every game.

Gluttons for punishment we are. :bang:

ndhillst

Rookie
Reaction score
We sure are good at grasping at straws. Levi Brown played better the 2nd half of 2011. Bobbie Massie played better the 2nd half of 2012. Michael Floyd's 30 receiving yards per game were a better 2nd half of 2012. But the Cards still lose every game.

Gluttons for punishment we are. :bang:

The joy is that you get to convince yourself it can't get any worse, until it does.