Michael Floyd - womp womp

desertdawg

ASFN Icon
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
I think BPA means BPA. I think if a team truely needs to address a certain position in the Draft, than they should pick out a certain person or two, and go after them if you need that position addressed so badly. Not the wait around BS and see who is there thing. Trade up, trade down, but don't settle on someone you didn't plan on or even wanted. Aggresive can be used to describe the BPA approach, but you can also be aggresive when you are drafting for need. Sorry, I'm done now. :p

Jetstream Green

Kool Aid with a touch of vodka
Reaction score
seriously.....

Peyton Manning's 1st game 3 INT's and a 58 passer rating...Why'd the Colts even keep him around

Lawrence Taylor had 1 sack his first year...man they should have cut him

Barry Sanders only got 71 yards his first game and 57 his second....waste of talent there

Joe Montana had 2 INT's his first start....bum

Walter Peyton's first game he ran 8 times for ZERO YARDS....why in the world did they even keep him

Colts should cut Andrew Luck after his first game...he sucked

that is all that needs to be said to show how dumb the suggestion of Floyd being a bust is after one game, and we should not even need these stats to prove something so obvious and have a whole discussion on it. This thread is so stupid, that I would even consider deleting it all together, out of fear that fans from other teams or even players would see it. It is embarrassing to this forum.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I thought the general consensus here was that they should always take BPA. Not draft for need...

Sure. But there are usually several players about even in the BPA category at most junctures in the draft so why take the one at a position where you are loaded?

As I've asked before is Michael Floyd that much better than Ingram or Wiley or DeCastro or D Hightower? I don't think so. It's not like there was Floyd and the next guy on the next best player available was Peter Konz.

Last edited:

52brandon

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sure. But there are usually several players about even in the BPA category at most junctures in the draft so why take the one at a position where you are loaded?

As I've asked before is Michael Floyd that much better than Ingram or Wiley or DeCastro or D Hightower? I don't think so. It's not like there was Floyd and the next guy on the next best player available was Peter Konz.
I dunno. I liked the choice to take a WR. Another legit threat would free up Fitz and stop some QB pressure. But he hasn't been as good as he was supposed to be. Our later picks have already proven to be more useful...

Harry

ASFN Consultant and Senior Writer
Reaction score
Too Early

Floyd should be solid; I just wanted line help more.

Mitch

Crawled Through 5 FB Fields
Reaction score
The fact that the Cardinals re-signed LT Levi Brown before the draft tipped their hand. They weren't going to draft a RT in the first round---primarily because they were enamored with Floyd from the get-go. He is clearly the player they wanted.

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The fact that the Cardinals re-signed LT Levi Brown before the draft tipped their hand. They weren't going to draft a RT in the first round---primarily because they were enamored with Floyd from the get-go. He is clearly the player they wanted.

I agree although I'm not quite sure who "they" are. I really find it hard to believe that he was a consensus pick. I don't see how the coaching staff could buy into the idea given how obvious some of our needs are/were.

Steve

SoCal Cardfan

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I have to agree with "womp womp" Did anyone else notice the way he was walking, with his back turned to the play? I was screaming my head off.. "Block for someone else?.. Nah".

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
He's looked good in the 4th qtr!! Give him as much playing time as possible. Regardless of what some of you say, this kid will be great.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
He's looked good in the 4th qtr!! Give him as much playing time as possible. Regardless of what some of you say, this kid will be great.

He caught 4 passes in garbage time.

Did you see him earlier on that pass to Sherman when he just stopped and watched instead of trying to block.

I hope you're right but right now I see a guy who can't get open consistently against man coverage. he's very stiff when he runs.

Zobaczcie suki

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
spectacular diving one handed grab tonight. And he had his man beat in the end zone, but Skelton underthrew it.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
spectacular diving one handed grab tonight. And he had his man beat in the end zone, but Skelton underthrew it.

THe catch was amazing but he wasn't really open on that deep ball, the ball was underthrown but he had no real separation.

I just don't see it, it was like Skelton's stats last week very misleading because most of it was in a garbage time drive.

But the left handed grab was amazing.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
THe catch was amazing but he wasn't really open on that deep ball, the ball was underthrown but he had no real separation.

I just don't see it, it was like Skelton's stats last week very misleading because most of it was in a garbage time drive.

But the left handed grab was amazing.

Get used to it because for the next 8 games garbage time will start about midway through the 2nd quarter.

PACardsFan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Get used to it because for the next 8 games garbage time will start about midway through the 2nd quarter.

Exactly, but an opportune time to get him in there & get him better acclimated to the NFL. This kid was an abolute freak in college & there's no reason why he won't be in the NFL. All our problems on the offensive side of the ball are also contributing to his slow rookie season. First & foremost, the OL needs at least 2 new starters next year. Our RB situation may also need to be addressed. If the situation presents itself to get better @ QB, then we need to take a chance there also. It sounds like a long process, but it really isn't. It can be done. This year has been the perfect storm with injuries. In the NFL, this crap can happen & unfortunately, we are experiencing it. It is what it is.

Russ Smith

The Original Whizzinator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

Unfortunately I think you're right.

I knew last night was over at 7-0 when Peterson lost Crabtree on the short pass and he nearly got the first down but gave them an easy FG to go up 10-0.

We can't score 10 points on offense against their D, and I knew up 10, Harbaugh would be too careful on offense so short of fumbles, we weren't going to score.

Then the TD by Crabtree just before the half I knew that was the final nail. Stop there FG 13-0 we at least have a prayer. 17-0, this offense, no way.

Fitz Rulz

Registered
Reaction score
again why was the need to waste this draft pick when we have Roberts & Doucet.
Look at 49ers got Moss & Manningham as FA
if we were desperate for WR, so he should have made impact right away