Mike Jurecki regarding draft

ndhillst

Rookie
Reaction score
What I believe:
(1) The Cards like Eric Fisher
(2) The Cards like Dion Jordan
(3) The Cards would like to walk away from the first two days of the draft with prospects secured on the offensive line, safety, and rush linebacker

What I don't believe:
(1) The Cards would play Bobbie Massie at OG

Agreed. Thanks, saved me a bunch of typing.

Garthshort

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
I don't understand all the Jurecki hate. He, at least puts out a lot of Cardinal stuff. And I don't care if it's all correct, because some of it is, and, imo, he has an inside source. As has been pointed out, BA said that Massie and Potter could move inside, and posters who say he/they can't, please post your coaching/scouting experience so that I can compare it to BA's. And when it comes to the draft, and if it's one thing that I don't know it's the draft as I'm never right about the Cards' picks. However, it does seem that the team will go OL, OLB, and S at the top. Unfortunately, there is always one player who falls through the cracks and that changes everything. I've put Fisher and Joeckel out of my head, and am guessing Johnson in the first. And if Miami or SD move up to grab him, as I think they will, I'm thinking Warmack (a nice consolation prize). But like I've said I'm always wrong when it comes to the Draft.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
I agree, the last two people I see moving to guard are Massie and Potter. Imo Brown would be the best option to move inside.

You obviously havent read anything that the coaches or keim have said. Levi is not moving and its either massie or potter moving inside if they get a OT in the first round.

SECTION 11

vibraslap
Reaction score
I still find it amazing that defensive tackles are routinely taken at the top if the first round, but the guards and centers who have to match up with them are all magically available anywhere in the draft.

ARZCardinals

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
If Warmack is on the board and both Luke and Fisher are gone I expect the Cards to draft Warmaxk and make a trade with KC for Branden Alvbert for our 3rd

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I agree that the Cards figure to be high on Fisher and Jordan.

Joeckel, Fisher and Jordan appear to have separated themselves from the rest of the pack, but, in the case of Joeckel and Fisher, not enough to trade up for (because Johnson and Warmack would remain quality fall-back options).

Jordan is a different kettle of fish because it's a lean year for edge rushers (& his trade-value figures to be sky-high because more teams will be competing to trade up to get him).

For those reasons, I think the Cards will stand pat at #7 and go the BPA route, and if the draft pursues its logical course, we figure to be handed either Warmack or Lane Johnson at #7 and will be happy to take either one.

But - much as they did when Palmer was merely a blip on their radar screen - the Cards will prepare for the unlikely scenario that Jordan falls to them and be ready to nab him if this happens. Ditto Fisher (with the weirdest and least likely scenario one which has both Fisher and Jordan falling to us. What then)?

I also think the Cards could conceivably trade back 2 or 3 picks if the stars were all in alignment - i.e. Team A - sitting at #9 or #10 wants to trade up for a QB and Warmack, Johnson and one other guy we like are still on our board.

But if I had to roll dice, we figure to either end up with Warmack or Johnson.

Goldfield

Formally known as BEERZ
Reaction score
You obviously havent read anything that the coaches or keim have said. Levi is not moving and its either massie or potter moving inside if they get a OT in the first round.
Oh no, I have read it... I just don't buy it. If they prove me wrong great.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I don't understand all the Jurecki hate. He, at least puts out a lot of Cardinal stuff. And I don't care if it's all correct, because some of it is, and, imo, he has an inside source. As has been pointed out, BA said that Massie and Potter could move inside, and posters who say he/they can't, please post your coaching/scouting experience so that I can compare it to BA's. And when it comes to the draft, and if it's one thing that I don't know it's the draft as I'm never right about the Cards' picks. However, it does seem that the team will go OL, OLB, and S at the top. Unfortunately, there is always one player who falls through the cracks and that changes everything. I've put Fisher and Joeckel out of my head, and am guessing Johnson in the first. And if Miami or SD move up to grab him, as I think they will, I'm thinking Warmack (a nice consolation prize). But like I've said I'm always wrong when it comes to the Draft.
by far the best insider we have - dont really see why all the hate either. The stuff he hears he reports, the moving to G and etc can simply be smoke screens they pass to him.

Cbus cardsfan

Back to Back ASFN FFL Champion
Reaction score
OL- Waramck
OLB- Montgomery
S- Rambo

I could live with that draft

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score
  • If they're able to get an OT, they would than move Levi to RT and Massie to G

I hate this thinking because

If only because kicking Massie inside to guard probably won't work.

And not only that. I cannot fathom why people assume Levi Brown is a better RT than Bobby Massie. Levi Brown is barely a better LT then 7th round pick Nate Potter.

I have a question. Which RT had zero sacks in their last eight games while starting as a rookie, Massie or Brown ? Who did it, while working with a 3rd string QB in Ryan Lindley, and not Kurt Warner ?

Really? Move Bobby Massie inside ? Really ? What a horsecrap idea, sorry but it is.

Last edited:

RugbyMuffin

ASFN IDOL
Reaction score

Again, WHY ?

I just don't understand.

Why move the ONLY PLAYER WITH ANY POTENTIAL TO IMPROVE on the current line ?

Again, who is the better RT ? Brown or Massie ?

So, trade back to take Lane Johnson, who is a risk,IMO, so you can put him at RT, put Levi Brown at LT, and put Bobby Massie at guard ?

Lunacy. Why ? I thought the goal was to improve the line. I don't see how that is improving anything.

Take the more promising player on the line, and move him. Draft a LT but keep Levi Brown at LT.

Take the LT that was backing up Brown, and who played just as well, and make him a guard now.

Then take Bobby Massie, who has never played guard, EVER, and put him at guard.

Madness.

Or just pick Chance Warmack put him at guard, keep Massie at RT, keep Potter backing up the tackles, and Keep Levi Brown at LT.

Much more simple, and makes a heck of a lot more sense.

Again, my biggest worry is our straight shooter coach gets too cute about things and doesn't keep it simple.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
Again, WHY ?

I just don't understand.

Why move the ONLY PLAYER WITH ANY POTENTIAL TO IMPROVE on the current line ?

Again, who is the better RT ? Brown or Massie ?

So, trade back to take Lane Johnson, who is a risk,IMO, so you can put him at RT, put Levi Brown at LT, and put Bobby Massie at guard ?

Lunacy. Why ? I thought the goal was to improve the line. I don't see how that is improving anything.

Take the more promising player on the line, and move him. Draft a LT but keep Levi Brown at LT.

Take the LT that was backing up Brown, and who played just as well, and make him a guard now.

Then take Bobby Massie, who has never played guard, EVER, and put him at guard.

Madness.

Or just pick Chance Warmack put him at guard, keep Massie at RT, keep Potter backing up the tackles, and Keep Levi Brown at LT.

Much more simple, and makes a heck of a lot more sense.

Again, my biggest worry is our straight shooter coach gets too cute about things and doesn't keep it simple.

Take a deep breath. In college, the best O-line athlete plays LT. Frequently, that player isn't athletic enough to play left tackle in the National Football league, so they are moved to RT or inside. In the NFL, the opponent's best pass rusher is usually lined up on the defense's right side (the offense's blind side). That's why the offense's quickest and most athletic tackle is usually on the left side and the best run blocker and least athletic tackle is on the right side. Levi Brown is a decent right tackle IMO. He is not a good left tackle because he has difficulty pass-blocking good defensive ends. That's why I hope the Cardinals draft one of the three tackles in this draft and move Levi to the right side.

Good guards are readily available in the second round in almost every draft. Very good left tackles are usually gone by the fifth pick in every draft. It's very unusual to have THREE excellent left tackles in ONE draft. The Cardinals should grab one this year, because hopefully we're not drafting in the top ten for several years. You have to think long-term, not just what do the Cardinals have TODAY.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Supply and Demand...

I still find it amazing that defensive tackles are routinely taken at the top if the first round, but the guards and centers who have to match up with them are all magically available anywhere in the draft.
There are fewer stud defensive tackles in each draft than there are guards and centers available to block them. Ergo DT's are expensive, guards and centers not-so.

joeshmo

Kangol Hat Aficionado
Reaction score
Just listen to the podcast for the day MJ did this info.

He also mentioned he would not be surprised if we worked the phones to trade a few spots down. Nothing drastic like no more then 5 spots but he is getting the feeling that is very much so an option.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

It is because, in theory, you have three interior linemen to block the two interior defensive linemen. That is why NFL teams have historically put so much emphasis on OTs vs. OGs, the OGs get help easier than the OTs.

GuernseyCard

ASFN Icon
Reaction score

He also mentioned he would not be surprised if we worked the phones to trade a few spots down. Nothing drastic like no more then 5 spots but he is getting the feeling that is very much so an option.

Have thought for awhile, that a slight move down might be in the cards, so to speak. If someone is hot for the third OT, for example, a measured move down could still net us one of the two top guards and offer flexibility later in the draft.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score

It would not surprise me if the three offensive tackles are off the board. Like others, I think they would take Jarvis Jones or one of the guards and in that case they should trade down 2-4 spots.

CardsSunsDbacks

Not So Skeptical
Reaction score
Take a deep breath. In college, the best O-line athlete plays LT. Frequently, that player isn't athletic enough to play left tackle in the National Football league, so they are moved to RT or inside. In the NFL, the opponent's best pass rusher is usually lined up on the defense's right side (the offense's blind side). That's why the offense's quickest and most athletic tackle is usually on the left side and the best run blocker and least athletic tackle is on the right side. Levi Brown is a decent right tackle IMO. He is not a good left tackle because he has difficulty pass-blocking good defensive ends. That's why I hope the Cardinals draft one of the three tackles in this draft and move Levi to the right side.

Good guards are readily available in the second round in almost every draft. Very good left tackles are usually gone by the fifth pick in every draft. It's very unusual to have THREE excellent left tackles in ONE draft. The Cardinals should grab one this year, because hopefully we're not drafting in the top ten for several years. You have to think long-term, not just what do the Cardinals have TODAY.
It seems like what Rugby is arguing is why you would move Massie to G and not Levi? To me Levi makes more sense at guard because he is a better run blocker than Massie. Massie was only a rookie last year and he looked really good in the last half of the season. So again why would you put Massie at G over Levi?

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
I keep getting the impression that Matt Elam might be our next safety.

Totally_Red

Air Raid Warning!
Reaction score
It seems like what Rugby is arguing is why you would move Massie to G and not Levi? To me Levi makes more sense at guard because he is a better run blocker than Massie. Massie was only a rookie last year and he looked really good in the last half of the season. So again why would you put Massie at G over Levi?

I'm just going off BA's opinion that Levi Brown is a tackle and an elite tackle at that.

HoodieBets

Formerly azcardsfan1616
Reaction score
If we take warmack I could bet our starting OL would be Levi Warmack Snyder Potter Massie. Either Potter or Massie will start at G on opening day depending on who they draft. BA is said he wants the best 5 OL on the field no matter of their position.