Mike Sherman 2nd Interview Thread

Jersey Girl

Stand down
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Only because it's the Cardinals do I believe they've hired him.
With all of the exciting, fresh-perspective coaches available this year, only the Cardinals would hire Sherman.

I'm seriously depressed about this. I need psychiatric help.:(

I'm with ya.

MaoTosiFanClub

The problem
Reaction score
Only because it's the Cardinals do I believe they've hired him.
With all of the exciting, fresh-perspective coaches available this year, only the Cardinals would hire Sherman.
Exactly why I'm the most upset. This is exactly like every other hire the Bidwills have made in recent memory and they all have been complete busts. Magnifying it even more is the fact that we have a young team bursting with talent and we're on the verge of hiring a guy with no solid experience working with youth. Unfortunatley for us, the Bidwills prefer to keep swimming against the tide when swirling around the crapper instead of simply getting out of the toilet. Wake me up in 2010, when from his death bed the old man hires Mike Martz due to his "success" with the Rams.

Last edited:

Red Hawk

JUST WIN!
Reaction score
Ok this is the situation.

They let slip the Sherman "hire" so that when they do choose Rivera or Cameron the people that were split between them instead of going off on how "I really wanted so and so" will instead say "I'm happy at least it wasn't Sherman"

Diabolical geniuses them Bidwill's.

imaCafan

Next stop, Hall of Fame!
Reaction score

They let slip the Sherman "hire" so that when they do choose Rivera or Cameron the people that were split between them instead of going off on how "I really wanted so and so" will instead say "I'm happy at least it wasn't Sherman"

I love the way you look at things.........(just hope you're right)

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score

"It's a classic business move. You haven't heard of that? You drop a bomb and then soften the blow." ~Frank from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" after telling his kids their mom was dead, and then saying they're getting a divorce.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
"It's a classic business move. You haven't heard of that? You drop a bomb and then soften the blow." ~Frank from "It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia" after telling his kids their mom was dead, and then saying they're getting a divorce.
Or (as a precondition for Sherman coming in the first time) they agreed that, regardless of whether he was the final hire, he'd still be publicized as being on the short list so as not to hurt his image and chances of landing another job.

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score

OMG! That's terrible...in a funny way.

Reaction score
From Profootballtalk.com

POSTED 12:39 p.m. EST, January 11, 2007

Sherman gets Cardinals job
PFT probably got this scoop from their Cardinal's insider...

Mike Jurecki!!!

:D

Dr. Jones

Has No Time For Love
Reaction score
If this is true.... The Status Quo in Arizona has been restored.

JeffGollin

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
PFT probably got this scoop from their Cardinal's insider...Mike Jurecki
One promising non-indicator - Aside from quoting from Urban's article in EVT re Sherman's second interview, the only other info KFFL is reporting is that Pendy was apparently not on the short list. No news is good news.

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
You've gotta see the show. It's a laugh-riot (in a terrible way).

PS--Frank is Danny DeVito.

what is really pathetic is that a rag like pro football talk gets the "scoop" before any local talent finds out....that's why i don't believe it to be so....

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i havn't seen any breaking news with espn or the nfl network. if sherman was hired then it would be all over the place.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
in the information bar at the bottom of the screen, it just said that sherman will be doing his second interview today. nothing about hiring
i will give it a couple of hours before i disregaurd the news.

Scott MS

Registered
Reaction score
This may be WAY premature. Sherman was making $3.2 million a year while in Green Bay.

The Cards are going to offer him no where near that amount of money. Maybe $2.0-$2.5M/year. Sherman is the highest priced guy of the candidate group, and we're dealing with the Cards -- this may not happen.

40yearfan

DEFENSE!!!!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
in the information bar at the bottom of the screen, it just said that sherman will be doing his second interview today. nothing about hiring
i will give it a couple of hours before i disregaurd the news.

First time I ever say anyone write with a Southern accent.

vinnymac

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
i will be watching the nfl network in efforts to keep everyone posted. even if that means rewatching the eagles-gaints game again.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
This may be WAY premature. Sherman was making $3.2 million a year while in Green Bay.

The Cards are going to offer him no where near that amount of money. Maybe $2.0-$2.5M/year. Sherman is the highest priced guy of the candidate group, and we're dealing with the Cards -- this may not happen.
Yeah, but what was he making in Houston?

Slacker

Rookie
Reaction score
I hope Sherman gets the job. I hope we go 10-6 next year and win a playoff game just to piss everyone hear off who dislikes Sherman because he's a regular coach with nothing flashy going for him.

This team was a few plays away from being .500 and competing for the playoffs. Just because DG couldn't do it doesn't mean Sherman can't. That's not very logical thinking. Sherman is an upgrade IMO even though the upgrade is small. I think that's all this team needs. We played pretty darn well at the end of the year and hopefully the late season performance will carry over into next season. I think it will.

Do we really need a coach who never has been a HC before leading a team that is dying to break out? Nope. I'll take Sherman. Thanks.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I hope Sherman gets the job. I hope we go 10-6 next year and win a playoff game just to piss everyone hear off who dislikes Sherman because he's a regular coach with nothing flashy going for him.

Yeah, we'd really be pissed off if we had a 10-6 record.

:rolleyes:

Big T

Veteran
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Hey guys, it doesn't matter what he was making in Green Bay or Houston in the respect that once he signs a contract with a new team that lets the prior team off the hook whether it be a standard NFL contact or a buyout option.

kerouac9

Klowned by Keim
Reaction score

Yeah, but that was to be GM and HC, right? Not just for his Head Coaching duties. It's much more understandable if you look at it that way.

The thing about PFT printing things and not the local guys is that the EVT and AZR do still have a two-source confirmation process to go through, and the local guys may not have the national sources that PFT has (note that the source was from the NFL office). Because PFT can run with single-sourced items, they can get stories out faster, but many of them are going to be wrong.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05