Mike Sherman 2nd Interview Thread

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
25 minutes and Gambo and Ash haven't even MENTIONED the Cardinals.

I honestly don't know how to take that.

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
45 minutes of Gambo and Ash and no Cardinals, no Sherman news. After the break they are going to be talking about Barry Bonds.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Okay. I'm going to lunch. When I return, I expect to hear that Sherman has been ruled out as the Cardinals coach.

SMAC

Nobody Beats the Wiz!
Reaction score
We better get use to Sherman as the coach because that's what going to happen. Of course he might have had the best interview and resume for the position. I'm responsible for hiring for my organization and it's our policy to hire the best for every position. None of us were involved in the interview process and we only make suggestions based on our preference. When I watched Sherman's press conference he stated a good case to be the head coach, but with that said I liked Chow's better than Sherman's but it's only my preference and I didn't go into the "war room" and meet the candidates. Sherman like I posted earlier is a good coach but is rather vanilla much like Jauron of the Bills a year ago. A key point in his hiring is his past work as a GM. Graves utilized Green a great deal in making free agent and draft choice decisions. Hopefully, Sherman and Graves will listen to the advice of Steve Keim a great deal this spring. Get use to it Cardinal fans we will be married to Mike Sherman for a minimum of four years. Maybe just maybe we will be division champs next year and Sherman will become the most successful Cardinal coach since Coryell.

BigRedRage

Reckless
Supporting Member
Reaction score
looks like a few hours later they noticed he is just an interview. '

MIXED SIGNALS FROM 'ZONA
In our effort to confirm that Mike Sherman is/will be the next head coach of the Cardinals, we've learned that, technically, the team is still interviewing candidates.
But we've also learned that the players generally believe that Sherman is getting the job.
And since several players were involved in the process, it's safe to say that they know what they're talking about on this one.
So ignore any lingering smoke and mirrors. Sherman is getting the job.

asuhoopsnut

Registered
Reaction score
what a silly website

I agree! The only source for this rumor has been Profootballtalk.com
I have followed this website for a long time and they do retract statements quite a bit. None of the major national sources have released any new info. other than Sherman is in town today for a 2nd interview

Gee!

BirdGang
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Mortenson on NFL Live just said it was a second interview with Sherman and that the Cards have other interviews to do until they decide on a coach...

lobo

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Sounds fair and reasonable, but I have to admit I wouldn't dig for every new tidbit of Cardinal info as obsessively as I might otherwise do.

question to ponder...............is one person list considered a short list? discuss amongst yourselves.

Billy Flynt

Pirate, 300 yrs too late
Reaction score
Other famous PFT "scoops":

1998: Bret Farve to Retire
1994: Buddy Ryan to end years of misery in the Desert
1994: OJ Simpson may have killed ex-wife
1980: Future Baywatch star, Pamela Anderson, 12, to have breast augmentation