Mike Williams

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Mike Williams is being shopped after the Jets got DeVante.

I would never have signed Williams to a big money FA deal, but we might be able to get him for a 6th rounder.

With MHJ hurt, and Zay Jones coming back...this could be a cheap and easy way to upgrade the WR room for the remainder of the season with no log term commitment

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I would never have signed Williams to a big money FA deal, but we might be able to get him for a 6th rounder.

With MHJ hurt, and Zay Jones coming back...this could be a cheap and easy way to upgrade the WR room for the remainder of the season with no log term commitment
Is it an upgrade? He has sucked this year so far with the jets.

OP
OP
F

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
Well....he has 300 catches and 30 TDs in the NFL....which I think would be more than everyone other WR on our roster combined...X2.

For a late round pick, no long term money, and relatively low expectations...i think it's worth a shot.

NittanyCard

Veteran
Reaction score
I like Mike Williams but seeing how confused he gets with Jets offense I don’t want another MHJ/Trey Benson out there for us.

Plus any capital should go solely to defense our D is basically all no names with the 32nd pass rush in the league.

TRW

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
He'd be OK for the 3 or 4 games he'd be healthy for. But, as has been said, he's probably the perfect trade candidate for this team.

OP
OP
F

Fitz4Ever

Veteran
Reaction score
To what end? We aren’t competing this year barring a miracle and Williams doesn’t move the needle for us. Onus should be on getting Wilson and MHJ (when he’s back) as many snaps as possible.
Im not letting myself get there yet. Its been too many years of "we arent competing this year"....I was in that mode from day 1 last year.

This year, we still have a chance to be in the playoff hunt.

We are not lucky enough to be in the "super bowl or bust" crowd. The cardinals have sucked so long, Ill take a competitive year every once and awhile.

CardNots

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score
Im not letting myself get there yet. Its been too many years of "we arent competing this year"....I was in that mode from day 1 last year.

We are not lucky enough to be in the "super bowl or bust" crowd. The cardinals have sucked so long, Ill take a competitive year every once and awhile.
Hey moderators, we need a “sad but true” emoji.

In addition, a “this sucks” emoji would be helpful.

gimpy

ASFN Lifer
Reaction score

Well, for me (and a few others on here, at my age I think), the “competitive year every once and awhile” is getting fewer and farther between. Not too many of them left. :rolleyes: :oops:

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score

He doesn't create separation on his own so, no. He isn't going to help Kyler outside of givng him another player who isn't "open".

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Players you could add that would help the offense.

1 - An interior OL. It's going to be tough to keep strong on the OL with Hern out. Brown, Adams, and Colon is not a great group and if you added a decent IOL, neither Brown or Hern is under contract next year so it could be a multiyear solution.

2 - A speed WR. Easier said than done but this offense could use this. Tee Higgins might be an option next off-season.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Defensively...Harold Landry is interesting. Jeffrey Simmons is interesting. Myles Garrett is interesting. Maxx Crosby is interesting.

Chopper0080

2021 - Prove It
Reaction score
Myles Garrett works in a way because he is only under contract thru 2026 and the rest are void years. Browns aren't going to be good in two seasons. lol