Minnesota Food

MigratingOsprey

Thank You Paul!
Reaction score
yeah premium!

there was a breakfast place near coon rapids I would go to with one of my buddies - free bottle of beer with any breakfast combo

omelet with home fries & premium ......... way to start the day

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
BOOOOOOO! BOOOOOORING!

Brats and meatballs SUCK.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!

If you do brats make sure you have a crockpot full of sauerkraut to put on them. Meatballs suck period.
You know what buddy, YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!

-Billy Madison

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Wait until your Mommy finds out what kind of language your learning in the 3rd grade. Your gonna get a spanking!

Almost as lame as "You know what buddy, YOU SUCK!!!!!!".....almost.
It's a quote from a movie, no need to quit the site and go back to watching the Lifetime channell all day.

I tried to be funny about you trashing meatballs but you chose to take it the wrong way. In the end, meatballs are awesome and you need to expand your dvd library IMO. Not liking Billy Madison is almost as bad as not liking meatballs. (btw, good guido meatballs kick swedish meatballs arses--you can thank minnesotians' swedish ancestors bringing down the whole meatball family :D )

BTW- In the future please try to leave your fantasies about mothers and their pre-pubescent sons out of our discussions.

Last edited:

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wait until your Mommy finds out what kind of language your learning in the 3rd grade. Your gonna get a spanking!
I just find it funny that you insult someone else's education, all the while using "your" instead of "you're"...twice.

mncardfan

Rookie
Reaction score
Blue Cheese.

Minnesota is home to first blue cheese manufacture ever in the US. They are still open today. They make it in these huge caves. I only know becuase I love me some blue cheese, the stinkier the better.

Yep, very cool! I work in that town, Faribault, and live 15 miles from there in Waterville = Bull head capital of the World (or so is the claim to fame).

Most of you have covered the main Minny food groups, good work.

Go Cards! Please beat the Viqueens so I do not have to here it from my freinds and relatives for the next few weeks or longer.

mncardfan

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yep, very cool! I work in that town, Faribault, and live 15 miles from there in Waterville = Bull head capital of the World (or so is the claim to fame).

Most of you have covered the main Minny food groups, good work.

Go Cards! Please beat the Viqueens so I do not have to here it from my freinds and relatives for the next few weeks or longer.

mncardfan

So, do you agree with Swedish Meatballs?

We are also going to make some mashed potatoes and some noodles to put them on.

My wife is thinking about making her grandmother's Lefsa recipe, which they used to have before Christmas every year. The timing is right for that then, and we could even wrap up the leftover meatballs in them afterwards for post-game celebratory meal. But it will depend on our schedule on Saturday. We're going to go to Home Depot. Yeah, buy some wallpaper, maybe get some flooring, stuff like that. Maybe Bed, Bath, & Beyond, I don't know, I don't know if we'll have enough time.

BACH

Superbowl, Homeboy!
Reaction score
Minnesota was the place scandinavian immigrant went to get similar nature/climate to their homeland, while the Germans went to Wisconsin.

Bratwurst, sauerkraut etc. is German food.

World-class dairy, world-class bread, pork and fish is scandinavian food.

mncardfan

Rookie
Reaction score
So, do you agree with Swedish Meatballs?

Not really,don't see too much of that around here, but if you could make a Swedish meatball Hot Dish (casserole for the rest of the normal world), then your right on.

Also, for an activity during the tailgating, try "Duck, Duck, Grey Duck". They grew up playing that instead of duck, duck, goose. I swear this is the only place for that. Also, they drink lemon with Tequilla, not lime, bugs the heck out of me.

mncardfan

Derm

slippery when wet
Reaction score
Hell, I'm just gonna have some homemade chili in a crockpot and call it a hotdish. And of course mispronounce words just to piss off my MN born wife. ie: "wash" is "warsh."

TruColor

Trombonist in Roger Goodell's Wedding Rcpt.
Reaction score
Hell, I'm just gonna have some homemade chili in a crockpot and call it a hotdish. And of course mispronounce words just to piss off my MN born wife. ie: "wash" is "warsh."

My mother says "wash" like "warsh". Makes me crazy. Never heard any of my in-laws up in Minnesota say it that way though.

However, my wife's family is a mish-mash of accents - her dad is originally from Boston, her mom is from Alabama, and they've been living in the Twin Cities since the early '60s. It's a quagmire of dialects.

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
Viking fan. Heeeeellooooooo!

I'm here................now. I just have better things to do on my weekends then sit on the computer.

Just about game time folks. We are having a major blizzard. I'm watching the drift in front of our house and garage get bigger by the hour. It's about four feet high now.

Good day to sit inside and watch some football.

GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linderbee: You're sooo edumacated. :notworthy