Minnesota Food

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm here................now. I just have better things to do on my weekends then sit on the computer.

Just about game time folks. We are having a major blizzard. I'm watching the drift in front of our house and garage get bigger by the hour. It's about four feet high now.

Good day to sit inside and watch some football.

GO VIKINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Linderbee: You're sooo edumacated. :notworthy
;) Had to give you a hard time on that one. I'm kind of known around here as a spelling/grammar nazi. Just ignore me; everyone else does!!

Our food was great...menu:

Swedish meatballs w/noodles OR mashed potatoes
the potatoes in foil stuff mentioned earlier
lefsa (I liked it; others were unimpressed, to put it mildly)
some veggies (we felt with all the potatoes maybe some greens were in order)
fresh pineapple (again, just for balance)
St Pauli Girl beer
Hot cocoa (or, should I say, BOILING cocoa--DAMN YOU, abomb!!)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
We had pigs in a blanket. Hot dogs with cheese stuffed in them wrapped with pillsbury crescent rolls.

Great junk food from childhood!

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
;) Had to give you a hard time on that one. I'm kind of known around here as a spelling/grammar nazi. Just ignore me; everyone else does!!

St Pauli Girl beer

How did you prepare your lefsa? You supposed to spread butter on it and then sprinkle sugar, then roll it up like a 'wrap'. Just curious because you said others did not like it. Personally, I have one piece per year at Christmas and that is enough for me. I ate WAY too much of it as a kid and I can't seem to get a taste for it again.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
How did you prepare your lefsa? You supposed to spread butter on it and then sprinkle sugar, then roll it up like a 'wrap'. Just curious because you said others did not like it. Personally, I have one piece per year at Christmas and that is enough for me. I ate WAY too much of it as a kid and I can't seem to get a taste for it again.
Sounds good. If you aren't using it, can you lend me you A$FN? Just click :donate: next to my name.

Thanks.

EDIT: Since when is Tavaris spot on accurate on every deep ball he throws?

:)

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score

St Pauli Girl beer
Good job Abomb, no lukewarm cocoa!!!!

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

We had it just like that.

Still tasted like paper towels though.

ajcardfan

I see you.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
typical Minnesota food:

You must be registered for see images

Typical Minnesota fan:

You must be registered for see images attach

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
typical Minnesota food:

You must be registered for see images

Typical Minnesota fan:

You must be registered for see images attach

Crispy McBacon meal?

I'm all over that!

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Donald's wife said it tasted exactly as she remembered as a kid, so I think I did it right. Since I have never eaten a paper towel, I cannot attest to whether it tasted like one. I did enjoy it; thought it was way better than a flour tortilla.

She, like you, had them as a kid every Christmas but no longer has a taste for them.

Linderbee

Let's GO, CARDINALS!
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good job Abomb, no lukewarm cocoa!!!!
Burned the entire inside of my mouth. I told dcr that I compounded the matter by not spitting it out immediately; given it was a semi-social environment (y'all are almost like family, so it's a little different). I just froze for a second or two not knowing what to do as the tastebuds melted off my tongue & the flesh on the roof of my mouth disintegrated.

OP
OP
A

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Burned the entire inside of my mouth. I told dcr that I compounded the matter by not spitting it out immediately; given it was a semi-social environment (y'all are almost like family, so it's a little different). I just froze for a second or two not knowing what to do as the tastebuds melted off my tongue & the flesh on the roof of my mouth disintegrated.

Ack. Sorry, I didnt realize you slammed it. :(

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
:(

cardsfanmd

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
I had the same feeling as the Card's score kept flashing on the jumbotron at the Raven's game.

In all seriousness though, that sounds pretty miserable.

Rooster7

Rookie
Reaction score
Sounds good. If you aren't using it, can you lend me you A$FN? Just click :donate: next to my name.

Thanks.

EDIT: Since when is Tavaris spot on accurate on every deep ball he throws?

:)

I'm not sure what you mean by lending you A$FN. Pardon my ignorance.

As far as Tarvaris goes: I guess being benched for 11 games lit a little fire under his ass to do things the way he is capable of. We as Viking fans know he has all the talent in the world but we also know he can lose a game just as fast as he can win one. I just hope he stays consistent now and does not have a relapse. Because when he's on, he can be really good.

Duckjake

LEGACY MEMBER
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
A thread about Minnesota food has 115 replies!!!

We're a strange bunch here at ASFN.

Car*inal football will do that to you.

Mulli

Supporting Member
Reaction score
I'm not sure what you mean by lending you A$FN. Pardon my ignorance.

As far as Tarvaris goes: I guess being benched for 11 games lit a little fire under his ass to do things the way he is capable of. We as Viking fans know he has all the talent in the world but we also know he can lose a game just as fast as he can win one. I just hope he stays consistent now and does not have a relapse. Because when he's on, he can be really good.
Look <-------- at the spot under my name that says <donate> click it. Enter 1000. You will get good luck for 30 minutes. :)