Monte Morris signs with the Suns

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes, I want the Monte Morris that played for the Nuggets.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
Well, he’s young enough that maybe there’s one good bounce back season in him this year.

By no means a game-changer, or probably even a dependable rotation player, but for the price and what we can even offer, he’s probably as good as it gets.

Chris_Sanders

Turbo Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Well, he’s young enough that maybe there’s one good bounce back season in him this year.

By no means a game-changer, or probably even a dependable rotation player, but for the price and what we can even offer, he’s probably as good as it gets.

He's definitely a rotation player

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The deal for Monte Morris is for 1 year at the vet minimum. He is a rotation player and a solid addition.

xc_hide_links_from_guests_guests_error_hide_media

AzStevenCal

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Reaction score

I don't think he's a game changer either but unless he's really fallen off a cliff, he's a very dependable rotation player.

Chris_Sanders

Turbo Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I fully expect this lineup late and it's such a crazy idea from the NBA I grew up with to now

PG Morris
SG Beal
SF Booker
PF Durant
C Nurkic

Also the super small lineup of lets just bomb threes like Bud loves

Morris
Allen
Beal
Booker
Durant

Ouchie-Z-Clown

I'm better than Mulli!
Reaction score
He's definitely a rotation player
Agreed. The narrative that he’s an old broken player isn’t accurate. He’s an 8 year vet coming off a season in which he was injured and didn’t get much with a new team that he joined after beginning of season who was deep. The season before was perhaps his best season in the league. This is a very good signing.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Some intriguing stats about Monte Morris.

By Gerald Bourguet Avatar Gerald Bourguet 5 hours ago, PHNX:

For his career, Morris has put up 10.0 points and 3.8 assists per game on .477/.391/.824 shooting splits. He’s efficient and can knock down a spot-up 3, hitting 46.2 percent, 38.6 percent and 42.1 percent of his catch-and-shoot 3s over the last three seasons.

Monte Morris can also help on the notorious turnover front, since he’s pretty great about taking care of the ball. Last season, he racked up 69 assists to only 7 turnovers over his 33 games in Detroit and Minnesota. He didn’t play enough games to qualify for season-end leaderboards, but he had the second-highest assist-to-turnover ratio in the entire league (9.86) over his 29 games with the Wolves. One of his nicknames on Basketball-Reference, “the Count of Monte Assist/TO” is truly incredible, but also fitting.

Cheesebeef

ASFN IDOL
Supporting Member
Banned from P+R
Reaction score
I don't think he's a game changer either but unless he's really fallen off a cliff, he's a very dependable rotation player.
I hope so and that last season was just an aberration compared to the rest of his career. If he’s a solid rotation player, especially as a PG, that would make us more competitive and probably, at the very least, more fun to watch.