More Reasons to hate San Antonio

playstation

Selfless Service
Reaction score
greensborohill said:
Wow, you guys hate San Antonion too!! We got something in common. . .

seriously, who as a mavs fan posts on a suns board? i don't understand.

jbeecham

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
With Nash coming over last year, we've had Mavs fans occasionally visit the board. Trust me, they're much better than the Penny Hardaway fanatics that swarmed the board for years.

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score

You can expect it to continue for as long as the Mavericks are better than the Suns. Once the pendulum swings back the other way, they'll disappear.

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
elindholm said:

You can expect it to continue for as long as the Mavericks are better than the Suns. Once the pendulum swings back the other way, they'll disappear.

If it ever does. . .

kaesile

Rookie
Reaction score
greensborohill said:
If it ever does. . .

Now that's ridiculous - no team will stay better than another team forever, and even now, the fact that the Mavs are better than the Suns is debatable. Sure, their record is better, and they're obviously playing better right now, but I like our chances when Stoudemire gets back. Wasn't it last year that the Suns just beat the Mavs in the playoffs anyway? You're saying that this'll never happen again? Give me a break.

Going back to the article, the author is obviously delusional and is grasping at straws to make himself feel better. It seems like he's personally slighted that Popovich wasn't picked to be on the team, and he wants to fell better by whining, 'at least the spurs beat the suns!'

His reasoning is also seriously hilarious. Check out this gem:

[Kobe Bryant] and Popovich get along. Popovich went out of his way to defend Bryant during his 2004 season of turmoil, and the two hugged before a game.

Wow, I never knew hugging before A game (note the singular) meant that two people get along. While it's true that the two might be on friendly terms, that's a seriously weak line of statements from a writer. You know what? I think that Kobe Bryant and Shaq also hugged before a game, and Shaq went out of his way to not comment on Kobe Bryant's trial that season too! That's like defending him you know; they must be awesome friends!

MastersofCombat

Basketball Junkie
Reaction score
Btw: I post on the Dallas Mavs board and have for a while, I enjoy NBA as a whole. My #1 team is Phx of course and dont have a #2 but I started going to the Dallas Board simply to tell them their team will be the number #1 team in NBA this season if 2 things happen.
#1. They get past Phoenix (they dont respect steve nash even though he bled mavs blood for them) They are the only contending team that doesnt seem to play defense on him.
#2. Howard becomes more like Marion, does the little things and averages a double double.

*they actually play San Antonio better than we do, their biggest nemisis is Phx.

I think the Suns could be a top team, and I will root for them til the end.
But B.Grant and K.Thomas were absolute BUST of picks before they made them. Grant cant run or play defense and Thomas cant rebound...enough said on it Im not here to bash those 2

DeAnna

Just A Face in The Crowd
Reaction score
kaesile said:
Wow, I never knew hugging before A game (note the singular) meant that two people get along. While it's true that the two might be on friendly terms, that's a seriously weak line of statements from a writer.
Going by that premise, then Pop and Marion must be seriously in love. I always notice that Pop seeks out Marion to give him a hug and talk to him (he must wish he had someone like Shawn on his team and admires him).

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
What the heck is this love affair with Dallas...i dont get it...

Devin Harris will be good but hes a couple years off still.

Josh Howard is good but only a role player

Dirk is the last top flight player i would want on my team. He is a tp 10 guy no doubt but he is as soft as kleenex. Try carrying a team in the playoffs for gods sakes...

Avery Johnson is not Red Auerbach....he might get it one day but i dont think he has shown me too much so far...

Dampier is eating up cap space and thats about it...

im not sure i really like anyone else on the roster. Maybe Daniels but he is overpaid as well

Of course i like my fellow cat Terry but i dont see hime leading a team anywhere as a PG. It just wont happen...

They have got off to a good start and they maintain it in the regular season and geta top 4 seed. But it will be same ol' story come playoffs....count on it....

Arizona's Finest

Your My Favorite Mistake
Reaction score
*they actually play San Antonio better than we do, their biggest nemisis is Phx.

What a ridiculous statement considering this quote from Pop two days ago...

"They are the toughest team for us to play against," Spurs coach Gregg Popovich said.(in reference to the Suns)

azcentral.com "Suns lose Barbosa, game"

stick to the mavs board son...

TheCardFan

Things have changed.
Reaction score
greensborohill said:
Wow, you guys hate San Antonion too!! We got something in common. . .

How can you hate San Antonio?

That is like hating Tony Dungy, Lance Armstrong, or Albert Pujols.

Shawty

Veteran
Reaction score
TheCardFan said:

The Mavs and their fans have an inferiority complex.

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
TheCardFan said:

Because their style of play is boring, they whine at every whistle, and flop all over the place. I dislike San Antonio.

Shawty

Veteran
Reaction score
ASUCHRIS said:
Because their style of play is boring, they whine at every whistle, and flop all over the place. I dislike San Antonio.

And they win.

devilfan02

Registered
Reaction score
Shawty said:
And they win.
Shawty, it's obvious that you started posting here yesterday when we started talking about WOmanu. As for myself, I don't hate San Antonio at all. I respect the way most your guys play and the success you are having. It may be on the boring side but we're used to extremely fast paced bball. You guys do whine but that comes with winning championships as the players start thinking their never at fault. I understand that. The one thing I do hate is the way WOmanu plays the game. He's an absolute flop and is extremely reckless. You are blinded by this fact because you are a SA fan. I am no longer going to debate this with you and I think you should leave until we play you again. I'm sure there is a San Antonio board you can troll on. Same goes for the Mavs fan- we don't care about possible trades the Mavs could make to get Garnett. THIS IS A SUNS BOARD, NOT AN NBA BOARD

Last edited:

Shawty

Veteran
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:
Shawty, it's obvious that you started posting here yesterday when we started talking about WOmanu. As for myself, I don't hate San Antonio at all. I respect the way most your guys play and the success you are having. It may be on the boring side but we're used to extremely fast paced bball. You guys do whine but that comes with winning championships as the players start thinking their never at fault. I understand that. The one thing I do hate is the way WOmanu plays the game. He's an absolute flop and is extremely reckless. You are blinded by this fact because you are a SA fan. I am no longer going to debate this with you and I think you should leave until we play you again. I'm sure there is a San Antonio board you can troll on. Same goes for the Mavs fan- we don't care about possible trades the Mavs could make to get Garnett. THIS IS A SUNS BOARD, NOT AN NBA BOARD

:shrug: I've been here since last season. I'm not a troll. i haven't even insulted any of the Suns players. I haven't started trouble nor started any threads. i've just posted. I appreciate the hate of Manu. All good players are hated by the opposition so it's actually a credit. And when have I debated with you? You're not even ready for that. I stated what I believed and went on about my biz. As for the Spurs playin' borin', we can play your style. We can play half-court. We can run and gun. How quickly you forget. But I've come to expect that from someone who's primarily a fan of his team and not the game.

dreamcastrocks

Chopped Liver Moderator
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
devilfan02 said:

Uh-oh. I have to take Shawty's side on this one. All of his posts have been respectful. He is not a troll. Last I heard, this is a public forum, and unless he breaks the rules, Who are you to tell him to leave?

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
Arizona's Finest said:
What the heck is this love affair with Dallas...i dont get it...

Devin Harris will be good but hes a couple years off still.

Josh Howard is good but only a role player

Dirk is the last top flight player i would want on my team. He is a tp 10 guy no doubt but he is as soft as kleenex. Try carrying a team in the playoffs for gods sakes...

Avery Johnson is not Red Auerbach....he might get it one day but i dont think he has shown me too much so far...

Dampier is eating up cap space and thats about it...

im not sure i really like anyone else on the roster. Maybe Daniels but he is overpaid as well

Of course i like my fellow cat Terry but i dont see hime leading a team anywhere as a PG. It just wont happen...

They have got off to a good start and they maintain it in the regular season and geta top 4 seed. But it will be same ol' story come playoffs....count on it....

Give credit somewhere. . . Avery Johnson is 24-4 since taking over. . is Johnson a good coach or is the team good. . either way 24-4 basically discredits everything you said above.

And again, you guys started this, not me, my initial post read as follows

" Wow, you guys hate San Antonion too!! We got something in common. . ."

Nothing bad said about PHO at all. . . can I please just post on this board w/o getting torn a new one by you guys?

Last edited:

ASUCHRIS

ONE HEART BEAT!!!
Reaction score
greensborohill said:
can I please just post on this board w/o getting torn a new one by you guys?

Aww, pobrecita!!! You really have been picked on here, completely unwarranted as far as I am concerned... :(

elindholm

edited for content
Reaction score
Avery Johnson is 24-4 since taking over. . .

That doesn't include the postseason, does it? :shrug:

greensborohill

Registered
Reaction score
elindholm said:
Avery Johnson is 24-4 since taking over. . .

That doesn't include the postseason, does it? :shrug:

obviously not, but if you look at it, we beat who we were suposed to beat. . the Suns were a better team than us last year, and we played very well against them.

Anything else you would like to know?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dbacks05