Movie A Day #129: The Power of One

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
You must be registered for see images attach

Powerful movie. Excellent performances by Stephen Dorff and Morgan Freeman. Very moving story with great music which adds to the film. I recommend it if you haven't seen it. You can even get the dvd for around $6 at Target. :thumbup:

From Amazon: Set in a world torn apart, where man enslaves his fellow man and freedom remains elusive, The Power of One is the moving story of one young man's search for the love that binds friends, the passion that binds lovers, and the realization that it takes only one to change the world. A weak and friendless boy growing up in South Africa during World War II, Peekay turns to two older men, one black and one white, to show him how to find the courage to dream, to succeed, to triumph over a world when all seems lost, and to inspire him to summon up the most irrersistible force of all: the Power of One.

Directed by John G. Avildsen and based on the novel by Bryce Courtenay. Robert Mark Kamen wrote the screenplay.

Featuring: Stephen Dorff, Guy Witcher, Simon Fenton, Armin Mueller-Stahl, Morgan Freeman, and John Gielgud.

Suns_fan69

Official ASFN Lurker
Reaction score
I know this is a little late but i just have to chime in on this story. I originally saw this movie as a favor to my girlfriend at the time who couldn't stop raving about the book (she hadn't seen the movie either). I loved the movie, yet she was lukewarm about it, and kept insisting that I read the book.

So I took her advice and wow! The book was just absolutely fantastic. So if you like the movie, read the book.