Suns draft Oso Ighodaro at #40

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bill Russell maybe. Wilt, too. They were not just tall, they fought for rebounds. Like Rodman. One thing about Rodman, everyone thinks he's a head case. Off the court he was. On the court he was the most focused guy when a shot went up. Relentless.

I wouldn't say Wilt because he towered over everyone else he shared the court with. Russell makes more sense because he was a slightly undersized Center. I get the point in both though. Wilt's natural build and size helped him dominate. Russell's tenacity and competitive nature helped him. I don't think the game was nearly as perimeter focused to see how Bill would have handled guarding guys outside of the paint. He was a paint beast though and would snatch boards over bigger guys regularly.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It will be an interesting year with Nurk, Plumlee, Bol, and Oso for bigs. Lots of different looks in that bunch.

Bol shot 42% from three last year, btw. That kid could have a breakout year. He has skills and motivation. One of these days it will all come together for him.

95pro

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
It will be an interesting year with Nurk, Plumlee, Bol, and Oso for bigs. Lots of different looks in that bunch.

Bol shot 42% from three last year, btw. That kid could have a breakout year. He has skills and motivation. One of these days it will all come together for him.

As long as Nurk and Plumlee are healthy we will be ok for the regular season.

I hope Bol gets more minutes and more shot attempts this season, there will need to be someone outside of Book/KD/Beal that needs to step up in big moments.

I'm not expecting much from a second round rookie except garbage time minutes.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Bill Russell maybe. Wilt, too. They were not just tall, they fought for rebounds. Like Rodman. One thing about Rodman, everyone thinks he's a head case. Off the court he was. On the court he was the most focused guy when a shot went up. Relentless.

I'd agree with Bill Russell because he was undersized for a center and was one of the few people who could guard Wilt Chamberlain. He was a very good defensive player.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
As long as Nurk and Plumlee are healthy we will be ok for the regular season.

I hope Bol gets more minutes and more shot attempts this season, there will need to be someone outside of Book/KD/Beal that needs to step up in big moments.

I'm not expecting much from a second round rookie except garbage time minutes.

Yeah, unless the Suns make a trade or someone surprises, they are dependent upon Nurkic and Plumlee to hold down the fort in the middle. Durant and Bol Bol have length, but they are more finesse players.

I'd be shocked if the Suns hit on two late draft picks that can produce now, although I want to hope. Jalen Bridges could surprise.

Hoop Head

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Last season Durant was a pretty good rebounder being a finesse player.

Playing PF for 30+ minutes a game virtually guarantees 5-6 boards a game. There are only a few dozen guys who actually fight for rebounds now and almost all of them are Centers. The rest are more opportunistic.

Mainstreet

Cruisin' Mainstreet
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last season Durant was a pretty good rebounder being a finesse player.

Taking nothing away from Kevin Durant, but he is not a banger or a rim protector. Until he went to Brooklyn he was considered a small forward.

JCSunsfan

ASFN Icon
Reaction score
Bol's per36 stats for last year.

17 ppg, 10.5 rb, .8 stl, 1.9 blk, .616 shooting (42% from three, 71% from two). I know per 36 stats are flawed, but he struggled early in the season and improved greatly toward the end. These stats are the average for the year. His Ortg was 130 and his Drtg was 112. He is 24 years old.

Those numbers should cause anyone to take interest. The thing that is most interesting is the offensive efficiency.

Yuma

Suns are my Kryptonite!
Reaction score
Bol's per36 stats for last year.

17 ppg, 10.5 rb, .8 stl, 1.9 blk, .616 shooting (42% from three, 71% from two). I know per 36 stats are flawed, but he struggled early in the season and improved greatly toward the end. These stats are the average for the year. His Ortg was 130 and his Drtg was 112. He is 24 years old.

Those numbers should cause anyone to take interest. The thing that is most interesting is the offensive efficiency.
17 ppg, 10.5 rb - That's what Ayton would post for a game. Shows this guy's potential.

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sparky