Movie of the Day: #268 A Few Good Men

abomb

Supporting Member
Reaction score
IMDB Link

You must be registered for see images attach

Amazon.com
A U.S. soldier is dead, and military lawyers Lieutenant Daniel Kaffee and Lieutenant Commander JoAnne Galloway want to know who killed him. "You want the truth?" snaps Colonel Jessup (Jack Nicholson). "You can't handle the truth!" Astonishingly, Jack Nicholson's legendary performance as a military tough guy in A Few Good Men really amounts to a glorified cameo: he's only in a few scenes. But they're killer scenes, and the film has much more to offer. Tom Cruise (Kaffee) shines as a lazy lawyer who rises to the occasion, and Demi Moore (Galloway) gives a command performance. Kevin Bacon, Kiefer Sutherland, J.T. Walsh, and Cuba Gooding Jr. (of Jerry Maguire fame) round out the superb cast. Director Rob Reiner poses important questions about the rights of the powerful and the responsibilities of those just following orders in this classic courtroom drama.

My Take

So as the last person on Earth to see this movie (watched it last week), despite it's 1000 airings on TNT, I found it to be much more than the movie in which Jack yells "You cant handle the truth!". An all-star cast of Nicholson, Cruise, Demi, Kevin Bacon, Keifer and Kevin Pollak is awesome.

The movie was written by Aaron Sorkin, most recently of "The West Wing" and "Sports Night"

A-Bomb

D-Dogg

A Whole New World
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, the movie which really makes the six degrees of Kevin Bacon game possible.

The cast in this is outstanding...I love this movie but Jack's entire monologue at the end is awesome. Deep down in places you don't talk about at dinner parties, you want this DVD in your collection, you NEED this DVD in your collection.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Love this movie...I used to work at AMC Lakes 6 theatres when it was out, and we'd walk in all the time for the last 15 minutes, and we all knew the final 15 by heart.

Mike

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Excellent movie from beginning to end - love the opening rifle team shots.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Awesome Pick abomb! :thumbup:

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
The movie is so bad it makes my ears bleed. Demi Moore was horrible. The courtroom scenes are totally unrealistic. The confession on the stand is cliche. The only part worth watching is Nickolson's "You need me on that wall" speach. 40 good seconds cannot redeem a two hour movie.

Shane

Comin for you!
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Neo said:
The movie is so bad it makes my ears bleed. Demi Moore was horrible. The courtroom scenes are totally unrealistic. The confession on the stand is cliche. The only part worth watching is Nickolson's "You need me on that wall" speach. 40 good seconds cannot redeem a two hour movie.

Your just trying to be different. :D

Neo

Red Tape Sorter
Reaction score
Shane H said:
Your just trying to be different. :D

Actually, I had a conversation at work the day before yesterday about how much we all loathe this movie. I may have slightly different perspective since my real life job is Tom Cruise's pretend job in that movie.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Jack Nicholson totally ruled in this movie.... He played a hardass better than anyone could have

thirty-two

boglehead
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have this on DVD - i really enjoy this movie!

NSD_Blonde

Who's Your Daddy, Now?
Reaction score
One of my all-time favorites!!! I actually saw this movie twice in the theaters--oh yeah, in the same day! I went and saw it with my parents, and then went home and told my roommate about it, and we went and saw it that night--LOVE IT! :thumbup:

Latest posts

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SportsBetJake