Movies grown men cry during....

NavyVet

Registered
Reaction score
With Honors starring Brendan Fraser and Joe Pesci. The scene after Pesci dies and they read his will is a tear jerker.

Without a doubt though, one of the most emotional experiences I've ever had is watching Ray Charles singing God Bless America at the BOB during the 2001 World Series..absolute electric moment in time.

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
The end of Schindler's List and many of the scenes in the camps was pretty harrowing.

Mike Olbinski

Formerly Chandler Mike
Supporting Member
Reaction score
joeshmo said:
Braveheart - When the big guys Old Warrior Father died.

Hotel Rawanda - When The nuns had to give up the children and get on the bus, and a few other scenes.

The Notebook

Oh yeah, at the end too when he's dying....good choice.

Mike

CardinalLaw

Reaction score
It was pretty sad in The Patriot when his little girl finally talked to him as he was leaving. "Daddy don't go, Ill say anything just don't go." That got me a little bit.

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Most of the episodes of "Band of Brothers" have brought me to the limits.... Hell, most serious war movies get me to well up. Also for some reason I lost it during, "Pay it Forward" :shrug: I must have been close to starting my period or something

Movies that no man should be caught dead seeing, let alone crying:
1) Beaches
2) Terms of Endearment
3) Steel Magnolias
4) My Girl

Last edited:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
Movies that no man should be caught dead seeing, let alone crying:
3) Steal Magnolias

Not sure about Steal Magnolias, But Steel Magnolias was great :D

Ryanwb

ASFN IDOL
BANNED BY MODERATORS
Reaction score
Dback Jon said:
Not sure about Steal Magnolias, But Steel Magnolias was great :D

You know Jon, it's really not cool to quote me and then purposely change words to make it seem like I don't spell too good :nono:

Dback Jon

Killer Snail
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ryanwb said:
You know Jon, it's really not cool to quote me and then purposely change words to make it seem like I don't spell too good :nono:

:biglaugh:

Skkorpion

Grey haired old Bird
LEGACY MEMBER
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Chick flicks of all kinds.

Sleepless in SeATTLE
Return To Me.

I'm a regular water tap.

azsouthendzone

ASFN Addict
Reaction score
Schindler's List
Saving Private Ryan
ET

I first saw Schindler's List in a class at ASU and I've never seen so many football players cry. The part where the Nazis take away the kids in the truck is gut wrenching. When ET says to Elliot "I'll be right here" I lose it. I'm not really sure why, but that movie gets me, literally every time.

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
No one else cries like a baby during "My Life"? Actually, a more accurate description for how I cry in that movie is like a cartoon--tears fly out of my face.

And in fairness, I haven't seen it in probably 7 nyears or so. I'm a lot less caring about other people's plight nowadays.

KingofCards

My Hero
LEGACY MEMBER
Reaction score
I'm a baby, I cried at all those movies. I always play it off like something got in my eye, I don't think my wife buys it.

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Ya know, I love men who admit they cry!!!!!! It's actually very mature! :thumbup:

Brian in Mesa

Advocatus Diaboli
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Pariah - are you talking about the movie in which Michael Keaton discovers he's dying so he makes a film of his life for his child?

I just remember that being a depressing film, not one to cry during. :shrug:

Maybe I'll have to see it again...

OP
OP
SouthNZoneFan

SouthNZoneFan

GOOD FOR ME TO POOP ON
Reaction score
Pariah said:
No one else cries like a baby during "My Life"? Actually, a more accurate description for how I cry in that movie is like a cartoon--tears fly out of my face.

I am with ya Pariah! That movie made me cry like a girl who just lost a wedding ring down a garbage disposal.

marathon_mom

Bring it on!!!
Reaction score
Men crying at movies makes any movie worth the money IMO. It's a good thing this thread wasn't including movies that made women cry. It'd be 20 pages long in about 10 minutes. We're sensitive wussies! :(

Pariah

H.S.
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Brian in Mesa said:
Pariah - are you talking about the movie in which Michael Keaton discovers he's dying so he makes a film of his life for his child?
That's the one. I guess it just struck a chord with me...same with Life as a House.

:shrug:

Chaz

observationist
Reaction score
The end of Courage Under Fire when Denzel Washington's character has to tell his friend's family that he was responsible for killing their son with his tank (friendly fire).

I fight getting choked up it but it is too damn sad. :(

CQ

Recovered WoW-aholic
Supporting Member
Reaction score
marathon_mom said:
Men crying at movies makes any movie worth the money IMO. It's a good thing this thread wasn't including movies that made women cry. It'd be 20 pages long in about 10 minutes. We're sensitive wussies! :(

LOL! Too true! I had tears dripping all over the place in SW III. From when Padme died till the end.
You must be registered for see images attach

Chaplin

Better off silent
Reaction score
I don't actually remember crying, but I do remember getting choked up during a movie in 1993 that now seems kinda stupid.

I had just gotten into the movie thing, and I was blown away by a lot of the technology of the time. "WOW! They can do THAT??"

So when you first see the Brachiasaurus's in Jurassic Park, I was literally floored. It looked SO realistic, I loved that and couldn't believe human beings could achieve such a thing.